News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Flaffy on March 24, 2022, 11:07:32 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 24, 2022, 10:56:22 PM
I'm keen for the Medusaceratops but I want to see a video review first to see how the iridescence effect looks.

Also does anyone here know what body type it has? I've got the Monoclonius, small Triceratops and Centrosaurus, but if Medusaceratops is Centro-sized I'm not sure if I'll have room for it!

Styracosaurus sized. Body 3 I believe.
That's correct. So about the same size as the subadult Triceratops avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus

DragonRider02

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 13, 2022, 03:53:07 PM
We have another shipment of Beasts of the Mesozoic models including Wave 2 Ceratopsians on the way to us (avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur)
avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur do you have any updates regarding the ceratopsian restock?

Everything_Dinosaur

Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Wave 2 - estimated time of arrival at Felixstowe port 21st April, if all goes to plan this shipment should be at our warehouse around 10-14 days later.

Carnoking

That is so amazing. Pre-orders can't come soon enough for this one.

suspsy

It's a shame more of the ceratopsians don't have cool striped horns like that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

indohyus

Does look fantastic. Does anyone else get a stinging feeling in their wallet looking at it?

ceratopsian

terrorchicken

indohyus

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 06, 2022, 07:32:54 PM
both this and the medusa are absolute stunners!

Just gotta hope the WWD tributes look as good. It's David, so dare say they will be amazing.

Eocarcharia

I agree, they all look great, but the one I'm most looking forward to is the Torosaurus. Too bad it seems like it's the last one in line.

Flaffy

Quote from: indohyus on April 06, 2022, 09:32:58 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on April 06, 2022, 07:32:54 PM
both this and the medusa are absolute stunners!

Just gotta hope the WWD tributes look as good. It's David, so dare say they will be amazing.

Same here! Though I'm not sure how I'd afford, or find enough space for a hulking 1/18 behemoth. A part of me still hopes that David has plans for a 1/35 release down the line, since he's already done a 1/35 WWD Tyrannosaurus. It'd be a shame not to have those two duke it out again.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I'm also hoping for that one in 1/35 scale to go with the 1/35 WWD T. rex I backed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

The full gallery for Old Buck is here. I've enclosed most of it in a spoiler 'cuz there's a lot.

Spoiler

[close]

Carnoking

JohannesB

I have to say, it is quite amazing that a main protagonist of a really wonderful 'little' dinosaur movie now has his own figure (that is much nicer than what certain big brands in the toy industry have ever produced), isn't it?  8)

Giganotosaurus

So in the last month i have gotten Sinoceratops, Triceratops, Psittacosaurus, and Zuniceratops. Sadly, I had to request a replacement leg from David for the Triceratops, but he was super nice about it. It's totally understandable that it happens, given he's not a big company. I have yet to attach the new leg, has anyone else here done that, and if so, was it tricky?
Anyway, I plan to get much more of them, especially Protoceratops and Wendiceratops.
(I also have Pachyrhinosaurus, Nasutoceratops, and Styracosaurus)
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Carnoking

Had to replace the leg on mine. It is a pretty straight it forward process but it definitely took some elbow grease on my part. Maybe I should be putting some of my Dino funds towards a gym membership  :o

Grimbeard

Old Buck looks absolutely increadble, so full of character and soul. The colors look great too. I have stated before that I want to limit myself to one piece of each BOTM series and this will be my Ceratopsian pick 110%.

Quote from: JohannesB on April 07, 2022, 10:53:33 PM
I have to say, it is quite amazing that a main protagonist of a really wonderful 'little' dinosaur movie now has his own figure (that is much nicer than what certain big brands in the toy industry have ever produced), isn't it?  8)
Especially considering that this very toyline served as a big inspiration for the shorts series, it really is becomming full circle and I love it.

terrorchicken

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: