News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I didn't vote for that Medusaceratops but it certainly has won me over. Reminds me of how fun the Microraptor is to look at in person.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

It's a much better that new color version, that repainted medusacerops far exceeds its predecessor in paint. It is good that BoTM improves every day both in the sculpture and in the painting of its figures. It is much more realistic, this new version of painting.

Dusty Wren

Final version of the new Medusa paint scheme is up on Facebook and it is breathtaking.

Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

Yeah that's a must have. Head and shoulders above the original, although it will be interesting to see how much of that is captured in the mass produced version

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That does look gorgeous. I'm pretty sure it's huge though, so another pass.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dinoxels

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 11, 2022, 09:52:26 PM
It's the same size as the first release, only change is the paint
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Pliosaurking

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Dinoxels on February 12, 2022, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 11, 2022, 09:52:26 PM
It's the same size as the first release, only change is the paint
And the first release looks too huge as well.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Yeah I'm hoping the final production one is close, because that prototype is amazing. So striking.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on February 13, 2022, 02:09:13 AM
Yeah I'm hoping the final production one is close, because that prototype is amazing. So striking.
Same here. Would like to see how the final production pieces captures this look, but I'm pretty convinced I'll be getting this figure either way.

On another note, I've noticed that a number of the ceratopsian figures are now out of stock on Everything Dinosaur.
Including:
- Zuniceratops
- Zuniceratops (Glow-in-the-dark)
- Styracosaurus
- Chasmosaurus
- Spiclypeus
- Pachyrhinosaurus
- Albertaceratops
- Triceratops (subadult)
- Triceratops (adult)

Does avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur expect new stock in the future? Or is this it for the first production run?

Psittacoraptor

Off to a strong start. I'm glad I skipped this line other than the Zuniceratops. These repaints are looking much better than the original releases.

The Pachyrhinosaurus is the one I want the most, can't wait to see the new version.

Everything_Dinosaur

We have another shipment of Beasts of the Mesozoic models including Wave 2 Ceratopsians on the way to us (avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on February 13, 2022, 02:47:40 PM
Off to a strong start. I'm glad I skipped this line other than the Zuniceratops. These repaints are looking much better than the original releases.

The Pachyrhinosaurus is the one I want the most, can't wait to see the new version.

Bear in mind after the factory does their version it will be a down grade I'm sure.  Sadly the more complex the more i'm disappointed usually.

Eocarcharia

Update on baby ceratopsians:

QuoteMore progress on the BotM baby Diabloceratops sculpt- these may be the smallest scales that I've sculpted yet!

CityRaptor

DAWWWW!

You know, if there is a fan vote for the colors of these babies, I expect Cera and the JP Baby Triceratops to be among the candidates.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Psittacoraptor

Fan's Choice Styracosaurus is planned to be released along side the wave 1 Tyrannosaurs in September. There'll be a clean and a bloody version:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaAlKiWry3s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Over9K

Anyone know if the Old Buck Styracosaurus will be available from retailers, or exclusive to BoTM website?

Andanna

I apologize for deviating from the more material discussion, but any tips on how to connect the tail to the body of the triceratops adult (which arrived this week and is gorgeous)?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Andanna on March 05, 2022, 12:19:07 PM
I apologize for deviating from the more material discussion, but any tips on how to connect the tail to the body of the triceratops adult (which arrived this week and is gorgeous)?

Warm the tail where the socket goes in with a hairdryer until it becomes softer, you can squeeze it with your fingers. put a little water on the ball end to lubricate it and then it should pop on. There won't be an audible pop but it should feel tight.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2022, 02:38:18 PM
Quote from: Andanna on March 05, 2022, 12:19:07 PM

Warm the tail where the socket goes in with a hairdryer until it becomes softer, you can squeeze it with your fingers. put a little water on the ball end to lubricate it and then it should pop on. There won't be an audible pop but it should feel tight.
Is putting water inside the joints okay? I would be worried about mold getting in there. I've always been fine with using just a hair dryer.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: