News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Just over a day since the KS went up...and it's already more than halfway towards the funding goal!  8)

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 18, 2019, 08:31:03 PM
  avatar_postsaurischian @Lone Trike: Hi Simon, I'm happy for you to read your name in the sculptors' list :) .
                       Could you tell us in which way you have been involved in the project?

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian You seem to have accidentally mentioned yourself in that post instead of Lone Trike.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ravonium on September 18, 2019, 09:32:34 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian You seem to have accidentally mentioned yourself in that post instead of Lone Trike.

Argh! How am I doing it right ??? ?

Ravonium

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 18, 2019, 09:53:05 PM

Copy-paste this code into your previous post, and it should fix it:
[member=2274]Lone Trike[/member]

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm not American, but I will cheer you people on because I'd like the Zuniceratops, Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus to be made. I hope Udanoceratops is too, but Creative Beasts seems to have joined the large number of companies who don't think Udanoceratops is worthy of a figure.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

terrorchicken

Chasmosaurus is my fave ceratopsian and its actually a doable price for me, too bad I hate the paint job, that lemon yellow is...noooo.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ravonium on September 18, 2019, 10:00:30 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 18, 2019, 09:53:05 PM

Copy-paste this code into your previous post, and it should fix it:
[member=2274]Lone Trike[/member]

Thank you! For future mentioning where do I find the member number?

Ravonium

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 19, 2019, 07:37:09 AM

Go onto their profile; it should be in the URL  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ravonium on September 19, 2019, 07:59:56 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 19, 2019, 07:37:09 AM

Go onto their profile; it should be in the URL  :)

I see, thank you! Back on topic ........ (sorry!)

Jose S.M.

I'm surprised and glad the Zuniceratops is very affordable! Definitely picking that one! I'm also glad is making money fast, even if I only get one or two tops I would like t least  some stretch goals are reached.

Agen Kolar

I'm really excited for the line, but disappointed the bigger dinosaurs, like Pachyrhinosaurus and adult Triceratops, could potentially be at risk of not being produced. I'm sure the idea is that those species are enticing people to back the line, but I fear they will be too far down the line of stretch goals and won't get unlocked. Having Chasomsaurus, etc. before Triceratops feels like a mistake. I mean, what's the point of a ceratopsian line if we can't have the ultimate ceratopsian, Triceratops? Just my thoughts.

suspsy

Well, you do have the opportunity to get a Triceratops, just not necessarily the big one!

Seriously, though, I wouldn't start pushing panic buttons too soon.The excitement for this series is pretty intense; I suspect all the planned ceratopsians will eventually be produced.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Looks like I was beaten to linking the new kickstarter update. Here's one of the pics though. There's more like it there, as well as some comparisons between some of the Mattel ceratopsians (including the Protoceratops, Triceratops, and Nasutoceratops), which was very helpful for someone like me, that has all of those.

Aside from the shipping being factored into the price, the size also explains why it is the most expensive one revealed so far. If I had to guess this certainly means the Pachyrhinosaurus, and other large ceratopsians will be closer to $100 if not over it.

Edit: There's an image of it with the Pachyrhinosaurus here:

https://www.facebook.com/BeastSculptKit/posts/3087407224607795

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Agen Kolar

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2019, 09:18:20 PM
Well, you do have the opportunity to get a Triceratops, just not necessarily the big one!

Seriously, though, I wouldn't start pushing panic buttons too soon.The excitement for this series is pretty intense; I suspect all the planned ceratopsians will eventually be produced.

I hope you're right. I just think this series is a bit more cost prohibitive. Sales have slowed down, and while I fully expect it to still meet its funding, I am not confident all the stretch goals will be met. My fingers are crossed, though!

ZoPteryx

End of day 3, and it's 60% funded.  I did a little back of the envelope calculation which predicted the campaign should be fully funded by mid next week and would raise about 300K* by the end of the campaign.  Hopefully that's enough space for the numerous stretch goals.  Decided to up my pledge a bit to help things along.  ;)

*which is actually less than the raptor series, I think the overall higher price of most of these may put some people off  :-\

Flaffy

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 20, 2019, 06:31:23 AM
*which is actually less than the raptor series, I think the overall higher price of most of these may put some people off  :-\

Definitely, especially since these KS prices are already discounted.

The jump in price from the Zuniceratops to the rest of the line is pretty staggering. Despite being pretty similar sizes (1.5" difference), the Monoclonius is twice the price of the Zuniceratops. Whilst there is a same difference in length/size between the subadult Triceratops and the Styracosaurus, the price increases by $5 only.

Shonisaurus

I really like the BoTM protoceratops made without scale. It is fabulously painted.

John

The Styracosaurus and Triceratops as well as the stretch goal Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus are some of the best ceratopsian models I've ever seen.They are well worth the price to me. 8)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

PumperKrickel

Ravonium

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: