News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

It's over $100,000 now, and in less than a week. Here's to hoping for another $100,000+.

Edit: New update with image galleries of the first three stretch goal figures added to the Creative Beast Studio, as well as size comparisons with the Psittacosaurus alongside some Mattel Jurassic World and Papo figures:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-ceratopsian-series-action-figures/posts/2630293
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Here's an interview with David Silva. I'm actually happy that he didn't join up with Hasbro or NECA; he probably would have ended up dealing with more constraints. At least this way, he's making 100% of the decisions.

And naturally, the final line of the interview brings a huge grin to my face. :))

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/09/19/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-toy-creator-david-silva-on-his-new-ceratopsians-kickstarter/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I just signed up for the sub-adult Triceratops, along with the Zuniceratops and the postcard pack.  I was initially in two minds about whether to join or not, but found the more I looked at those two models, the more I liked them.  As someone in the UK, it was also attractive that Everything Dinosaur would be handling supplying the models.

ZoPteryx

Only 34K to go!  ;D  There was a big push the last two days, but it's definitely slowed down today.

amargasaurus cazaui

As someone who has never participated in the kickstarter type thing I would like some advice how I proceed..there are only two models here I see that do much for me personally.  I am of course wanting the psittacosaurus and the protoceratops..Since these are stretch goals, what steps do I take or moves do I make to buy only the two models and has a price been stated for them? Do I have to buy from the other offerings to be eligible to order those or will they be offered at a set price as well once the campaign hits certain funding goals?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ravonium

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 23, 2019, 07:22:50 AM
Do I have to buy from the other offerings to be eligible to order those or will they be offered at a set price as well once the campaign hits certain funding goals?

As far as I know, once the funding goals for Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus are reached, you can change your reward selection so that it only includes them (KS doesn't charge you for your pledge until the campaign has reached its end date).

Flaffy

Shonisaurus

BoTM's regaliceratops looks spectacular, I am absolutely certain that your painting will be as spectacular as the rest of ceraptosides made by this incredible brand.

Flaffy

Faelrin

I had seen the images of the head sculpts just a bit ago on the kickstarter's update, but am so glad to see what the full Regaliceratops sculpt looks like here too. It is easily one of my most wanted, along with the Diabloceratops, and some others.

BTW where was that full pic of the Regaliceratops from too? I didn't see it posted to any of the creative beast social media accounts yet (FB, Twitter, Instagram).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Agen Kolar

Ugh, pledges have really slowed. We've been around 118,000 most of the day. I know it will meet it's goal, but I am just really worried about the stretch goals. I just don't have much interest in the series if we can't get to the bigger ceratopsians - I would likely back out of most of my pledge if we don't get to Triceratops.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 20, 2019, 06:31:23 AM
End of day 3, and it's 60% funded.  I did a little back of the envelope calculation which predicted the campaign should be fully funded by mid next week and would raise about 300K* by the end of the campaign.  Hopefully that's enough space for the numerous stretch goals.  Decided to up my pledge a bit to help things along.  ;)

*which is actually less than the raptor series, I think the overall higher price of most of these may put some people off  :-\

This is pretty similar to my initial, completely informal intuition of its trajectory. I'm curious how you got there. It fell off pretty drastically the last couple of days, but I think 150,000 sometime this week is a pretty plausible outcome.

Quote from: Agen Kolar on September 23, 2019, 10:51:28 PM
Ugh, pledges have really slowed. We've been around 118,000 most of the day. I know it will meet it's goal, but I am just really worried about the stretch goals. I just don't have much interest in the series if we can't get to the bigger ceratopsians - I would likely back out of most of my pledge if we don't get to Triceratops.

I think it'll probably limp along until it hits 150,000, and then there will be little flurries as people up their pledges for the stretch goals (there will probably still be a couple of weeks, after all). They aren't very widely spaced, so it wouldn't take all that much additional funding to unlock each one, and before you know it, half a dozen or more stretch goals. Personally I'm hoping for Avaceratops to be the next stretch goal reveal.

Quote from: Ravonium on September 23, 2019, 08:06:45 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 23, 2019, 07:22:50 AM
Do I have to buy from the other offerings to be eligible to order those or will they be offered at a set price as well once the campaign hits certain funding goals?

As far as I know, once the funding goals for Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus are reached, you can change your reward selection so that it only includes them (KS doesn't charge you for your pledge until the campaign has reached its end date).

Yup, that's correct. avatar_amargasaurus cazaui @amargasaurus cazaui if I had your particular tastes, I would just pledge for some arbitrary tier and then adjust the total amount to cover the Psittaco and Proto, and then switch your pledge item once they're unlocked (in the unlikely event they don't get unlocked, you can cancel your pledge before the campaign ends).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

So the campaign just squeaked over 120K today, only about a 3K increase from yesterday.  Assuming we maintain this pace, that'll only barely get us to the second stretch goal, at 189K.  :-\  We need to get the total to 450K in 23 days (assuming each stretch goal is 15K more on average) to fund everything, that's 14.5K a week.  Hopefully things start snowballing once the campaign is fully funded...

The good news is, the raptor campaign seems to have undergone a similar "so close!" lag before ramping up to high gear to unlock all the stretch goals.  ^-^

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 24, 2019, 04:09:34 AM
This is pretty similar to my initial, completely informal intuition of its trajectory. I'm curious how you got there. It fell off pretty drastically the last couple of days, but I think 150,000 sometime this week is a pretty plausible outcome.

I honestly don't remember, it was scribbled on a napkin.  :))  I think I assumed it starting at 15K a day and decreasing by $500 a day, or something to that effect.  But that was back in those few days when we were seeing big increases.

Flaffy

Considering how the raptor campaign reached it's base funding goal in 12 days, I'd start to worry about the Ceratopsian campaign if it doesn't reach it's base goal in that time frame.
It's been a week since the Ceratopsian KS started, 5 days left.

Weird how it hasn't reached the base goal within the week though, considering the hype and how well known the line is now. But considering the much higher prices of the ceratopsians, I'm not too surprised.

tanystropheus

I made a pledge for the Monoclonius! I can't resist. I might do the same for the Zuni  :)

I hope the Pachyrhinosaurus gets produced. It has the best colors (the blue highlight works surprisingly well!)

Ravonium

Quote from: Ravonium on September 06, 2019, 12:58:59 PM
I'm considering getting the Zuniceratops once ED stocks it

Guess I should reply to this, as after thinking about it for a few days, I pledged for the Zuniceratops yesterday. I knew that it is much cheaper than any of the others, but I didn't realise until pledging just how stark of a price difference it is; even when shipping is factored in, it's still $10(£8) cheaper than the Monoclonius for UK backers.

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on September 23, 2019, 05:55:37 PM
BTW where was that full pic of the Regaliceratops from too? I didn't see it posted to any of the creative beast social media accounts yet (FB, Twitter, Instagram).

David's newsletter. He sometimes posts sneak peeks on there.

Flaffy

Quote from: Ravonium on September 24, 2019, 08:07:22 AM
but I didn't realise until pledging just how stark of a price difference it is; even when shipping is factored in, it's still $10(£8) cheaper than the Monoclonius for UK backers.

Yeah, the huge price jump is weird. A 200% increase in price from the Zuni to the Mono.

ITdactyl

Thanks to those who replied to avatar_amargasaurus cazaui @amargasaurus cazaui 's query.  I've the same sentiments - and I want this kickstarter and the whole project to succeed... but I really just want the Pachyrhinosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: