News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Shonisaurus

Superb review of Rebor's highly scientific tyrannosaurus. My congratulations Lanthanotus.

indohyus

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Gwangi

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Gwangi on January 18, 2021, 07:40:50 PM
Safari Baryonyx.  8)
http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/01/18/baryonyx-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/
oh lovely, this review speaks to me avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi and I don't think I've ever loved a review more. Thank you
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gwangi

indohyus

A trip down memory lane, species wise, with a look at a Woolly Rhino, by Geoworld.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/01/19/coelodonta-jurassic-hunters-by-geoworld/

suspsy

CityRaptor

Really annoying to read someone complaining about the colors of every BOTM review. Yeah, we get it. If you want dull animals, wait for the Beasts of the Cenozoic. Tons of brown and grey animals.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dusty Wren

Yeah, it's a huge bummer how often people complain about the paint jobs on the ceratopsians. I wonder if it started to bother David Silva as well, because the tyrannosaur line has noticeably more conservative color schemes than the ceratopsians (minus the Dilong). 
Check out my customs thread!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Count me in with that, I am a strong proponent of the idea that many dinosaurs were very colourful, Ceratopsids in particular should be extremely colourful  like big scaly birds of paradise.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

I honestly love the BOTM ceratopsian colors. The only thing stopping me from buying them is the price tag.
An oversized house cat.

ceratopsian

They are certainly expensive, but not I think overpriced for the complexity of the articulation etc. I like the brilliant colours very much.  Maybe it's because the articulation gives the models a rather stylised feel and the interpretation seems to fit that aesthetic.

Shonisaurus

The colors of the styracosaurus are very beautiful, and honestly no one knows what those prehistoric animals really were like, even in terms of color, it is an artistic license very well achieved by the BoTM brand which is to be celebrated because it would be boring for all brands of toy dinosaurs followed the same creative and artistic guidelines. Dinosaurs that over time and over the years, that is to say within 30 or 40 years, will be reference figures for every dinosaur collector such as those from Tyco Toys to give an example although I think these figures are logically better than those mentioned in two lines above.

EmperorDinobot

It is incredibly grating to find someone on social media complaining about the colors of these toys.

I'm opening taco as we speak.

Faelrin

Despite it coming from a real lizard I absolutely love how the Styracosaurus turned out. I loved it right from the start with the colored concept art revealed. I think it will also look quite nice alongside the Dromaeosaurus pair (despite the current scale discrepancy), and mountain set, and I am definitely eager to see this alongside the Gorgosaurus, which is something I've been wanting on my shelves since after getting the raptors in hand, if not before that.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Also great review on it by the way.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: