News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Thanks for sharing the quetz group photo avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar .  My Papo Quetz seems to have flown into Customs limbo.  Glad to see a comparison shot with the Safari version.  One is approaching artsy hyperrealism, the other is a simple but scientifically up to date figure.  This nut wants the whole flock.

mgaguilar

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 13, 2018, 04:22:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the quetz group photo avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar .  My Papo Quetz seems to have flown into Customs limbo.  Glad to see a comparison shot with the Safari version.  One is approaching artsy hyperrealism, the other is a simple but scientifically up to date figure.  This nut wants the whole flock.

If he's in customs it's only a matter of time now.
Soon! You will have your flock of giants.

DragonRider02

Picked up Schleich juvenile T-Rex at local toy store. I am surprised with how much I actually like this toy! Definitely the best Rex Schleich has made so far.

by the way: I named him Cucumber

IrritatorRaji

Got this guy too and I agree, definitely the best Rex Schleich has ever made! Can even be a great stand in for a small model of an adult ;)

Also that name is oddly fitting

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

IrritatorRaji

Great additions, AcroSauroTaurus! I've got both of those too, they're fantastic :D

------

Look who showed up in the post yesterday! :D

IrritatorRaji

Apologies for the double post but my Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus also arrived today!

More pics + overview of faults over on Kaiyodo: New for 2018! :)

UtahraptorFan

A few weeks ago, I ordered the Beasts of the Mesozoic Balaur bondoc.

Thanks again to avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji for posting my picture on Imgur and sending me the address so I could post an actual picture.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji on your new acquisition. I have the three versions of tyrannosaurus rex from Kaiyodo 2018 and I can affirm that they are spectacular, although they are not made of solid PVC.

IrritatorRaji

All three?! Well, I can't really blame you! Like you said, they're spectacular, it was incredibly difficult for me to make a choice, if I could buy all 3 I would ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 18, 2018, 06:37:44 PM

All three?! Well, I can't really blame you! Like you said, they're spectacular, it was incredibly difficult for me to make a choice, if I could buy all 3 I would ;)

I recognize that collections of dinosaur figures and prehistoric animals with different color versions. I am an unrepentant collector. In fact I have commissioned www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk the two versions of "Tyrannosaurus rex" Rebor's Vanilla Ice ("alias" vastatosaurus ") and I have the three color versions of Rebor's ankylosaurus.

I recognize that for me my love of dinosaurs is comparable to that of stamp collectors, I collect in this case the same dinosaur with different color versions as well as those that collect different stamps, some of them only differ in color.

Sincerely avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji  I do not recommend that philosophy that I have as a collector.  ;)

IrritatorRaji

My oh my, you're less of a collector, more so a hoarder at this point

I likely won't be using your philosophy of collecting, not because I don't want to, just because I don't have the money to :o

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 18, 2018, 06:57:38 PM

My oh my, you're less of a collector, more so a hoarder at this point

I likely won't be using your philosophy of collecting, not because I don't want to, just because I don't have the money to :o

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji I do not have enough money either, I live a day but I do war economy. If I have to stay without eating enough I run out of food. Clothes in my case I did not buy for ten years. On the other hand I do not have a mobile phone that takes pictures and in my case I work and study in a feverish way to get then buy these figures. I have not been to the cinema since 2006. I do not spend practically anything. In this way I have many savings is that the reason, if one something wants something costs and in my case is based on much effort and not spend even on the most essential things in life. That is the reason that I can allow this "luxury" based on much sacrifice, blood (metaphorically) and effort.

My life is totally devoted to the collection of figures and books of dinosaurs.  :)

Roselaar

Great new acqs, IrritatorRaji! Isnt the Trike lovely? Wish I had the nerve to unbox mine. Or find a second specimen... :)

Stlll not feeling the T-Rex though...

IrritatorRaji

The Trike is wonderful indeed! Didn't come with a box, but I dread to think of how much a MIB one would cost nowadays :o

The Rex, I can understand why you wouldn't like it, truth be told it's not really for everyone. The articulation is wonky and, in some places, pointless. The default pose is incredibly odd and the fact that the Rex is constantly looking down (if positioned horizontally) is definitely a bit annoying. That being said though having watched and closely observed other videos and images of the Rex before buying it I purchased it knowing 100% what I was going into so had already come to terms with some of the faults before owning the figure.

Roselaar

Added the lovely new Favoritesaurs to my collection, thanks to Brett. And he also helped me out on the exclusives I missed a few years back. Gorgeous figures! :)

Shonisaurus

I'm happy for you Roselaar, honestly they are very nice figures. I especially like the sinoceratops, yinlong, guanlong (which is on a par with genius with Capcom), redondasaurus, pentaceratops and obviously the tarbosaurus (tyrannosaurus bataar) that for me is the only one of the Tyrannosaurus family which has an acceptable size if we except tyrannosaurus rex and yutyrannus.

I would like in my case that figures like Favorite tarbosaurus (tyrannosaurus bataar) abound more in toy dinosaur companies. Sincerely there is life beyond tyrannosaurus rex for example gorgosaurus, alioramus, albertosaurus or daspletosaurus. Apart from this being tyrannosaurus figures similar to the iconic and unrepeatable tyrannosaurus rex would be as successful from the commercial point of view as the dinosaur "king" mentioned.

Nimravus

Congrats Roselaar, I look forward to having my Neovenator, Baryonyx and Zhuchengtyrannus vs. Sinoceratops. Unfortunately I didn't have enough money to get the others, so I had to choose between them! :'(

MLMjp

I got a Jurassic World hunchbacked Herrera lizard.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Softmodel Baryonyx looks so beautiful.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: