News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josesaurus rex

I present to you one of my latest acquisitions.

It really was a great stroke of luck to be able to find on eBay this lot with a lot of Battats, among other pretty interesting figures. And the best of all is that it was at a reasonable price, and the figures are in excellent condition, with no major paint wear, only very imperceptible things in some cases. It shows that the person who had them before took great pains to take care of them, and I will do it even more.

Thanks to this lot I only need to find the Pachycephalosaurus to complete the entire line of the Museum of Science (at least as regards the species, because I'm not interested in getting the different variations of mold nor the mini versions)

Also, I would like to share with you this book that I have been looking for for some time: Dinosaurs of South America, written by Dr. José Bonaparte. It is a very old edition, since it dates from 1996, therefore many more recent species are missing, but it does not mean that its information is very valuable.

Josesaurus rex

I see that I could not upload the photos well :( :(, could someone help me please?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on September 03, 2018, 02:09:59 AM
I see that I could not upload the photos well :( :(, could someone help me please?

These ones?

EDIT: Nvm you've got it :D

Josesaurus rex

Yes those same ones. I noticed that only one section of the address is placed. Thank you very much IrritatorRaji for your help and goodwill :D

Shonisaurus

I'm happy for you J @Josesaurus rex  is a very coveted and juicy acquisition, the Battat dinosaurs at a reasonable price and as you can see in perfect condition. I was cost the Battat dinosaurs at quite expensive prices, except the diplodocus the rest were at prices ranging from $ 40 to $ 400 including shipping.

On the other hand that book in Spanish of dinosaurs of José Bonaparte although it is old is also quite rare.

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 03, 2018, 08:27:27 AM
I'm happy for you J @Josesaurus rex  is a very coveted and juicy acquisition, the Battat dinosaurs at a reasonable price and as you can see in perfect condition. I was cost the Battat dinosaurs at quite expensive prices, except the diplodocus the rest were at prices ranging from $ 40 to $ 400 including shipping.

On the other hand that book in Spanish of dinosaurs of José Bonaparte although it is old is also quite rare.

Thank you very much Shonisaurus. Just as I bought this lot, I have repeated some Battat, then I will keep those that are in better condition, and the others more deteriorated than I had before I will repaint them and some will modify some parts. But in order not to ruin them, I will practice first with other cheap figures. I hope that what I can do is not considered a sacrilege  :))

And as for the book, it's a real gem. You can not say more :)

Roselaar

Wow, great catch, Josesaurus! There's some real gems there. :)

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: Roselaar on September 03, 2018, 06:45:11 PM
Wow, great catch, Josesaurus! There's some real gems there. :)

Thanks Roselar. Yes, they are some collecting gems effectively. Greetings. :)

acro-man

Hey guys,

This is my proudest acquisition this year, considering I have bought less than 10 models
-the 1:2 Liaoningosaurus GK-

I have written a review in Chinese, but the pictures are abundant enough for just viewing
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5867347721
It's just so cute

First work by Chinese artist Cloudman
Limited to 20 and sold out.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Regardless of whether semi-aquatic, piscivorous Liaoningosaurus is true or not, that is an amazing model with a fitting and well-executed paintjob, especially considering that this is the sculptor's first work  :)

SBell

I hemmed. I hawed. I considered waiting for them to go on sale...but in the end I caved.

The JWFK Two pack, Tyrannosaurus and Monolophosaurus.

I really only wanted the Monolophosaurus...but the kids are enjoying Rexy. My son has declared it far superior to the Hasbro Indominus rexes that he has.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate avatar_acro-man @acro-man  you on your fabulous Liaoningosaurus, no wonder it's a limited edition.

On the other hand, Tyrannosaurus and Monolophosaurus of JW are very beautiful. I also congratulate you avatar_SBell @SBell

ceratopsian

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on September 03, 2018, 02:07:32 AM

It really was a great stroke of luck to be able to find on eBay this lot with a lot of Battats, among other pretty interesting figures.
Also, I would like to share with you this book that I have been looking for for some time: Dinosaurs of South America, written by Dr. José Bonaparte. It is a very old edition, since it dates from 1996, therefore many more recent species are missing, but it does not mean that its information is very valuable.
What a great catch of Battats!  Well done.  The book is also a good addition.

ceratopsian

avatar_acro-man @acro-man: I am not surprised you are so pleased with the Liaoningosaurus.  A very nice model indeed.  Let's hope the sculptor carries on producing dinosaurs, especially those rarely made into models.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: acro-man on September 03, 2018, 08:13:23 PM
Hey guys,

This is my proudest acquisition this year, considering I have bought less than 10 models
-the 1:2 Liaoningosaurus GK-

I have written a review in Chinese, but the pictures are abundant enough for just viewing
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5867347721
It's just so cute

First work by Chinese artist Cloudman
Limited to 20 and sold out.

Congratulations avatar_acro-man @acro-man! I also spy that you have my Dinosaurs of China book!  ^-^

acro-man

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Ah, yes. Ceratopsian gave it to me as a gift. It's very beautiful. First time in my life I read any books written in English about dinosaurs.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thank you again for giving me this lovely treasure ^-^
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on September 04, 2018, 10:56:07 AM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Ah, yes. Ceratopsian gave it to me as a gift. It's very beautiful. First time in my life I read any books written in English about dinosaurs.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thank you again for giving me this lovely treasure ^-^

I was so pleased to see how you had used it as the background!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: acro-man on September 04, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

That was kind!

There is a translated Chinese version of the book that the IVPP produced. I think it might have been a special issue (or supplement) of the journal 'Fossils'.

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 04, 2018, 09:58:05 AM
Quote from: Josesaurus rex on September 03, 2018, 02:07:32 AM

It really was a great stroke of luck to be able to find on eBay this lot with a lot of Battats, among other pretty interesting figures.
What a great catch of Battats!  Well done.  The book is also a good addition.

Thank you Ceratopsian for your good comments :).

And for Acro-man, congratulations for a new piece, although for some reason I can not open the link I see that, guiding me through the comments, it's an excellent acquisition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: