News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Just arrived--the first 6 of the Asilisaurus model by B @brandem for his Obscurus line!

I will be bringing 5 of them to London with me (yeah, like I wasn't going to keep one!) and one has found a home already! Whatever doesn't find a new owner, I will return with and put on my site.

Of course, Branodon will have more--the run is limited to 50 though (I have 5 through 10, they are all marked)

Shonisaurus

By the way asylisaurus I guess they will be made of resin or other similar material. They look magnificent and clearly look like miniatures.

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 25, 2018, 07:44:18 AM
By the way asylisaurus I guess they will be made of resin or other similar material. They look magnificent and clearly look like miniatures.

It is indeed resin. Kind of dinotales-like, they're very lightweight.

Joe the Spinosaurus

I just got these beauties from The Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena.

I especially love the Einiosaurus!

mgaguilar

Quote from: Joe the Spinosaurus on September 29, 2018, 09:50:32 PM
I just got these beauties from The Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena.

I especially love the Einiosaurus!

I was just there an hour ago!!! Obtained the Mapusaurus from their recent CollectA shipment.
The number of ceratopsians there make me terrified to start grabbing them.

CityRaptor

Well, I got these:

Tomy Ania
Plesiosaur ( Futabasaurus according to the review on the Dinosaur Toy Blog )
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Found these at TK Maxx for 3.99 Euros per figure.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur Survival Guide
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Panini Trading Cards
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

avatar_Joe the Spinosaurus @Joe the Spinosaurus The safari einiosaurus exceeds from my point of view and with difference to other companies. On the other hand the Collecta medusaceratops is another great figure I congratulate you for your new acquisitions.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor I congratulate you on your new acquisitions of prehistoric products, especially those of prehistoric animals Ania.

Joe the Spinosaurus

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 29, 2018, 10:04:49 PM
I was just there an hour ago!!! Obtained the Mapusaurus from their recent CollectA shipment.
The number of ceratopsians there make me terrified to start grabbing them.

That Mapusaurus sure looks great! I especially love the paint job on the head.

We can't all be saved from the Ceratopsian plague. They're just too good!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Miguel4469

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 02, 2018, 05:50:22 PM
Some new stuff I ordered from ED last week:

CollectA Deluxe Pteranodon-he may not be the most accurate or spectacular Pterosaur toy on the world, but it doesn't mean this guy is bad-I love his colors and the details on the wings! Oh, and I really wanted him when I was a kid (I grew up with CollectA).

Papo Blue Velociraptor- I JUST LOVE HOW COLORFULL AND EXPRESSIVE HE IS! My fav 'JP' Raptor toy at the moment.

CollectA Mosasaurus-Pretty and colorfull-My fav toy Marine Reptile at the moment. I Only wish inside of his mouth was more gloss, It would make him even more life-like! For the gloss I use clear nail polish

Miguel4469

Add clear nail polish! It will give the mouth a wet salivary look.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Miguel4469 on October 02, 2018, 04:46:17 AM

Good point. I may need to revisit some of my figures!

mgaguilar

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 02, 2018, 06:40:13 AM
Quote from: Miguel4469 on October 02, 2018, 04:46:17 AM

Good point. I may need to revisit some of my figures!

Not to get too off topic...but does anyone recommend a brand? I would like to try this with some of my figures!
Back on relevant topic, but I received the small Collecta Rex in the mail today! Looks like I gotta start collecting those absurdly colorful bastards.

IrritatorRaji

I think any clear acrylic varnish would do the job

IrritatorRaji

CollectA's new Brontosaurus just arrived this morning! Beyond pleased with it :D

More pics over on CollectA: New for 2018 and size comparisons over on How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Faelrin

Man, some good hauls have been posted here. Congrats with finding the Sino/Pachy avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus.

Some things just went well for my family financially, and uh, I decided to check out Target. They did have lots of Wave 2 Attack Packs, and Grab and Growl Indoraptors, and Mosasaurus, along with the other usual things. I did however managed to eyeball a lone Ellie figure. I think this is the second time I've even seen her in stock in my trips. They didn't have anything else of real interest (well other then the Stiggy Attack Pack, but I don't think I really need it at the moment with the Battle Damage one, although I do like it and want it, but I'll hold off for now), so I decided to get her, and decided to throw in a Grant and Muldoon that was long over do. And this means I get some compies for my collection, even if I think the Imaginext ones are better (even if cartoony), or the one with the Destructasaurs Dilophosaurus (which I'm still waiting for amazon to get).

But anyways, guess what I had waiting for me when I got home today? That's right, the new Mosasaurus Mattel sent me. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks good, and I just saw I got another response from them, and they said I could keep the one with issues (since it was under their $75 limit for merchandise that would need returned). So uh... I now have three Mosasaurus. I'll probably give the one with issues to my nieces, if they want it, when the holiday gets close, after I inspect it one more time.

Sorry for the crappy image quality, but it gets the job done when my parents aren't home at the moment with their phones available:

Edit: I just got back from Walmart with another small haul. I finally picked up those elusive egg Imaginext compies (as well as all the others, except the Stiggy I got from a while ago. Those compies were also the only ones, while there were multiples of all the others). I also got the Indoraptor mini 3 pack (with Apatosaurus, and Dilophosaurus). That's it for a few more weeks. I'll get a pic of this haul tomorrow.

Well here's the pic (sorry it is so blurry). I forgot to mention the Indoraptor pop, and a copy of JW:FK, and a two pack of the HTTYD movies:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinomike

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 02, 2018, 12:35:34 PM
CollectA's new Brontosaurus just arrived this morning! Beyond pleased with it :D

Congrats on your new Bronto!  Looks pretty good!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely Brontosaurus, must be pleasing to have a Brontosaurus made after it's validation.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

stargatedalek

Package arrived today from MiniZoo! That must be a record delivery, from Australia to Canada in less than a full work week.

All of the new Safari Good Luck Minis are great, and the jellyfish look great remade in translucent plastic.

Papo Scorpion and Safari Microraptor have been on my list for a while, glad to finally check them off.

Shonisaurus

Although the Safari microraptor is pretty, my favorite is Archeopteryx of the same brand among toy flying dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: