News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Probably. Read somewhere that paint apps can be rather expensive. That being said, a good portion of the old Kenner figures do not have painted claws either.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Funk

The raptors did, though, both on the hands and feet!

CityRaptor

The Raptors were probably the only species where this was constant.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Kotori_Sonoda

Aand I came back for this guy. Left him yesterday but I just can't resist.
With this I've gotten the Primal attacks I'm most interested in (none of them dinosaurs amusingly!) , The others I can wait .

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda My congratulations on your new acquisition that scutosaurus is very beautiful, perhaps the best thing that has been done in the toy dinosaur market.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Nice addition you have the entire JW velociraptor gang.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Funk on October 06, 2020, 12:17:19 AM
Really makes one wonder why they couldn't be assed to paint the claws on those raptors?
Usually when i get a figure without claws painted, i grab a black sharpie, and "paint" them using the sharpie.

Funk

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 06, 2020, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: Funk on October 06, 2020, 12:17:19 AM
Really makes one wonder why they couldn't be assed to paint the claws on those raptors?
Usually when i get a figure without claws painted, i grab a black sharpie, and "paint" them using the sharpie.
Yeah, I used to do that with eyes too... Especially when it's missing on otherwise detailed figures, it seems like a slap in the face, hehe...

WalkingWithBeasts

It finally came! My first Nanmu figure - JP3 style Spinosaurus, ordered from Lana Time Shop (https://lanatime-shop.com).

Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. Nanmu figures are very beautiful and I as a collector and fan of Nanmu recommend those figures. Enjoy the healthy figure.

Shonisaurus

I have received the Solid Black Tenontosaurus from Shapeways it is a bigger figure than I imagined. It is the best tenontosaurus I have in my collection far surpassing its Collecta counterpart.

Carnoking

Been on a real REBOR kick as of late, and that's led me to tracking down some of their older models. I know this might be controversial, but I feel their early years were their Golden Age. (Hear me out)
Poor social media presence aside, this was back when they were focused on models, before they were sculpting them and teasing them faster than they could even release them. Their bases were incredible, which they've unfortunately started doing less and less of, and the texture on the dinosaurs had more variety while still managing to not feel as over-sculpted as their newer models do. Granted, as they've grown they've brought new elements to their models that are pretty great to see like the addition of wires in the neck and tails of some of their figures and the clear plastic teeth which always look awesome. I don't know, I just feel like there's a disparate gap between their older and newer offerings, and I would love to see the styles more successfully married.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I really feel you on that, not just for the bases, but the textures on many of their previous models felt unique between them. I feel like too many of their recent models have the same texture on them. The raptors, (original) Carnotaurus, Killer Queen rexes, the Dilophosaurus pair, Stegosaurus, etc. At least the Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus pair in particular got some really nice bases, and to a lesser extant the Carnotaurus did too. To this day the Ceratosaurus base is one of my all time favorite bases from any company on account of how realistic the water, and even the foliage looks (which I must say is way better in hand now that I've acquired it earlier this year). I feel like the Titanoboa has been the closest return to their roots yet (although was sculpted years ago), and probably the upcoming Smilodon.

I'm also not a fan of how many of their sculpts have been teased then just were never heard of or seen again. The great white and/or Megalodon, the Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus, the Grab N Go Spinosaurus (hopefully just delayed and/or going to be updated to match the new tail evidence), the King Trident Triceratops, etc.

I'm honestly debating on if I want to hunt down the Yutyrannus. I'm still disappointed with the lack of feathers on it, but that aside it is still a nice model, and one of the few out there as is of Yutyrannus (Safari Ltd's is probably the best still, even if a bit on the small side, though it will have some real competition with the BotM once it gets released). I'm still behind with picking up the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus trio as I planned anyways. At least the year isn't over, and if they are still in stock in the last places I checked, then I may still have a chance at getting them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. The yutyrannus was cool as was the carnotaurus and the yutyrannus was one of the largest tyrannosauroids made alongside Favorite's tarbosaurus and what I liked between houses regarding Rebor's dinosaurs and ancient prehistoric animals was that they were one piece and had artistic bases as you have commented that they have never been made again in the collectibles market and with the merit that they were figures made of PVC. Honestly, I really liked the old Rebor figures.

Roselaar

Added two more Raptors to the collection:

Faelrin

So major thanks to avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 once again for all the help with getting all this stuff here. Of course some of it is actually for some international friends and my nieces, but at least one of each are for me. Also I wasn't expecting the little T. rex car thing and calendar (which I did notice the receipts for my Guatemalan friend stashed away inside of), which felt like nice bonuses.

At this point I can check off most of everything on my wishlist from the Mattel Jurassic line this year. Only missing the Irritator, Camp Cretaceous Adventure set, the two Carnotaurus, and the Epic Roarin' Tyrannosaurus, and Amber Collection Blue, with the exception of the stuff from my friend in Germany (I'm still paying him back here and there), which consists of the remaining BD figures I don't have (except the teal Albertosaurus), and some of the Amber Collection ones.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Nice pickup.

triceratops83

Glad it all arrived in ok condition, that box was jam packed.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmmaLVV

It's been a while since I acquired any new figures, but I finally got some that I needed. Not many left to get now! :D

Invicta Pteranodon (painted version)

Invicta Scelidosaurus (painted version)

Halzk

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV Congratulation on these acquisitions!

Heres my September acquisitions. (sorry for the quality)

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I have to admit that the painted Invictas are much prettier than their unpainted counterparts. It is a pity that in its day I did not collect them in my collection.

avatar_Halzk @Halzk My congratulations, you have a diverse collection of dinosaurs from Schleich, Papo, and JW.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: