News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Ooh, that's a nice Iguanodon
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

I have a love/hate relationship with PNSO's rex family but at the end of the day I am glad to finally have them all together. Seeing them posed with one another is the sort of serotonin hit I want from my dinosaur collection.

SidB

Definitely a rogues gallery of killers, but, oddly enough, somewhat touching.

PrimevalRaptor

Stumbled upon the new Mattel Masiakasaurus by chance, not the most accurate one with those proportions but I love seeing less often represented species and I won't lie, the gnarly look would fit right in with Primeval, charming little fellow.

Baryonyx

I have just gotten the Qualia Lambeosaurus and Triceratops courtesy of avatar_brettnj @brettnj

I know these have already been seen on the forum but here are some shots:

The Lambeosaurus just about  can stand in for a juvenile (its crest is proportionally small, at least in comparison to the PNSO).

Here we have a 'forced' perspective example of it in a 1:40/35 context (as a fully grown animal I mean):

and homage to the new Sue statue:

A lovely figure and so nice to see more Lambeosaurus attention! The eyes are very carefully painted.

the Triceratops is fantastic too; a larger scale version of this pose would be something to behold! Very nicely detailed. Sorry if the photo doesn't give much sense of scale.

Highly recommend!

ITdactyl

Oh yeah, they do look good - gaps and seamlines aside.

That pic with the trike is pretty grim though. ;D 

Libraraptor

Although I donĀ“t like boring Ceratopsian figures, I like fresh ideas and poses. So I really like that Triceratops.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions of Qualia, their postures are interesting and original, I like that they innovate in terms of new forms of posture, those of that lambeosaurus and triceratops are cooler than the conventional figures to which we are accustomed. different dinosaur companies on those two extinct species.

Duna

Congrats, avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx those Qualia figures are the best of the group.  ^-^

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx Congrats on the Qualias, the Lambeosaurus is impressive, no matter how many times I see it.

sauroid

those Qualia are very nice and tempting, hope to be able to get them someday...
meanwhile my PNSO Torvo has arrived. not as impressive as the Tarbosaurus but not really that bad.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

I don't know what compels me to mostly ignore this thread and then randomly post here but here's my latest. The Takara Tomy Fukuisaurus, which is MUCH smaller than I anticipated. It's my first Takara toy so I was caught a little off guard. I like it more than the CollectA Fukuisaurus though, and it's cheaper than the one by Favorite. There will be a review on the blog for it within the next couple weeks.

The William Stout coloring book should motivate me to sit down with my daughter and color with her more. It's a little daunting though, not gonna lie.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very nice acquisitions, fellow humans.
Those qualia are indeed quite nice.
The William Stout book looks interesting.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My congratulations, honestly that torvosaurus is even superior to its Collecta counterpart, it seems to me a great figure, ideal to have it on the best shelves.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi My congratulations that Takara Tomy rivals in beauty with her collecta counterpart or with her fellow Favorite.

Fembrogon

Nice catches, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi; those Takara figures are small, but they're great when you get a bunch of them together. I've been considering getting that coloring book as well; the Prehistoric Times magazine also has a series of coloring books that might be worth looking into.

I just had an item drop in from eBay today; I found a Xidi/Happy Kin/Kid Galaxy/whatever-brand Allosaur on sale for 8 bucks, shipping included. It's hardly an accurate figure, but besides the ugly screw holes, it's a pretty good generic carnosaur in the Hasbro/Chap Mei style. I suspect the figure is taking inspiration from some of Dorling Kindersly's 3D artwork, similar to how other figures in this line are clearly based on the older DK models.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It did arrive whilst I was on holiday. On the first working day actually, was sitting in a neighbour's house almost a week, but finally I have my GR Toys Dicreosaurus. Will open box tomorrow, and put photos in my thread.

SidB

Good self-restraint! Opening it tomorrow will be the reward.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations, nice acquisition.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I congratulate you the dicraeosaurus from GR Toys. I admire you that you have such a great acquisition. Be very happy with her. It is a great figure according to the photos and videos that I see of that magnificent dinosaur model and it is also a different new dinosaur figure!

Mellow Stego

One of my favorite ceratopsain.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations is very nice. My favorite ceratopsid by far is kosmoceratops, I hope to buy everythingdinosaur that beautiful BoTM figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: