News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Back on my nonsense, This time it's the two new GR Toys offerings

Dicraeosaurus is a nice little figure, and the base is totally worth the extra 12 or so dollars. One annoyance is mine came with some paint wear right out of the box. At least it's not the side I'll be looking at most but it is irritating.

Sidenote, just as I had hoped, the base works with other figures.

Now onto the Carchar

A lot of color on this one, makes the Dicraeosaurus looks rudimentary in comparison. I don't know if the application is necessarily better on this figure than other high-end models now that I have it in hand, but there are certainly a lot of layers of paint which helps sell the look. Also, my luck was actually in on this one, the mouth closes pretty well.

There he is with the spino and boy does he make that thing look weak in comparison. I was actually planning on parting with that figure but I'm glad they're all here for a group shot now.

Fembrogon

I scored big this week! ...Well, relatively speaking.

I've found a few eCrater shops with nice selections of vintage figures. They're pricier than buying in lots on eBay, of course; but they can be reliable if you're looking for that ONE figure you really want. I happened to be checking the shop where I had previously bought a couple of Sinclair recasts, and BEHOLD: there was the Brontosaurus, the last Sinlair I needed for my collection! I had some credit card rewards to help cover the price, and now I have all six dinosaurs accounted for in my Sinclair collection. My quest is now complete!

Die_Maulquappe

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 08, 2021, 08:17:14 PM

I've found a few eCrater shops with nice selections of vintage figures. They're pricier than buying in lots on eBay, of course; but they can be reliable if you're looking for that ONE figure you really want. I happened to be checking the shop where I had previously bought a couple of Sinclair recasts, and BEHOLD: there was the Brontosaurus, the last Sinlair I needed for my collection! I had some credit card rewards to help cover the price, and now I have all six dinosaurs accounted for in my Sinclair collection. My quest is now complete!

Congrats on your monochrome gem!

Gwangi

Congrats on completing your Sinclair set avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, that Brontosaurus is a real beauty.

suspsy

Guess I know what your next review will be.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fembrogon

Quote from: suspsy on September 09, 2021, 02:44:28 PM

Guess I know what your next review will be.
Heh, in time; I have a few other items I want to finish first, including the other Sinclairs. I might save this Bronto for a special ()th review.

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking congrats on your new purchases, that Dicraeosaurus is a beauty, and so is the Carcharodontosaurus, possible one of my favourite figures. It dwarfs any other figure next to it, even any others from PNSO. That paint is incredible, and mine also closes its mouth pretty well. And stands perfectly without a base.

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego Congrats, too! I love the color in this one ...

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Whoa, that's a nice catch! The famous Sinclair brontosaurus in its iconic green (I wonder if it was made in other colors .... well, I'll wait for your review to know, hehe). I got the oportunity to buy the complete set, because for me it's very difficult and expensive to purchase them one by one overseas. I'm very happy you have completed your collection, because you were the "culprit" I felt in love with them ...
Go monochromes!  ^-^

sauroid

awesome hauls everyone, i especially like that Dicraeosaurus
i recently got the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just a couple this time.
Jurassic World Dino Escape Yaz and Blue

Jurassic World Dino Escape Carcharodontosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on September 10, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
awesome hauls everyone, i especially like that Dicraeosaurus
i recently got the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus

Yes, a great figure for certain, though not everybody's on board with it. Certainly good enough and more than that, with me. The GR is awesome, but I don't feel the need to acquire it for the $. This one more than meets my need for the genus, while being more affordable, a good thing. Top value.

Lanthanotus

Impressive piece avatar_Die_Maulquappe @Die_Maulquappe :)

That Sinclair Brontosaurus is a real cutie avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , would like to have that in my collection too. The head sculpt is very charismatic. Hard to believe they are so pricey nowadays when they were mass produced and free giveaways in the 50`s/60`s if I followed J @japfeif `s book correctly.

japfeif

Excellent!! Congrats on completing your Sinclair World's Fair collection!!   :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congratulations on completing your set! I don't know how I overlooked these Sinclair dinosaurs for so long. It just so happens that I have all six of them coming my way right now.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Duna

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 12, 2021, 02:17:32 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congratulations on completing your set! I don't know how I overlooked these Sinclair dinosaurs for so long. It just so happens that I have all six of them coming my way right now.
You are very lucky too! Just before they get rare and expensive.

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My compliments on that PNSO carcharodontosaurus, I really like that theropod without the lips.

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus  My congratulations on your new figures JP / JW dinosaurs are very successful.

CityRaptor

Got myself my first and probably only ever Snap Squad:

Will make a fine desktop toy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A nice big box from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur arrived today. Will open on Friday probably, unless something at work annoys me during the week and I need to cheer myself up.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Everything_Dinosaur

Have fun unpacking, we think you are going to love the contents.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: