News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Thialfi on October 02, 2021, 09:38:57 PM
Wow, great goodies! What shop is that of I may ask? I am in Amsterdam every now and then. Thanks!

It's a store called Gone with the Wind, near Muntplein, right in the centre of town. Can recommend!  :)

Fembrogon

I had the opportunity to visit the St. George, UT area this past week, and I came home with lots of various goodies.

There are multiple fossil shops and antique stores in the area; I picked up these items in a store called Gold Ore in the Dixie town region. The trilobite fossils were priced very nicely, I thought; I'll have to get their genus/species determined sometime. I haven't read Cruisin' the Fossil Freeway in years, so I was delighted to see it well in stock in this shop. I need to look up the sequel sometime!

I hit the motherload at the Dinosaur Discovery Site, however. After a very cool walk through the exhibit, I stepped into the gift shop and nearly had a panic attack.  :)) They had so much cool stuff! I wanted to buy practically every other item in the shop. I ended up getting shirts for me and family, a coaster and a towel, a little Cynognathus chinasaur, and a whole lot of plushies. They had a whole shelving unit dedicated to Safari ltd. figures, which was very tempting; but when I saw these Paleozoic Pals I literally gasped. I've been eyeballing this line for a while ever since I read Gwangi's reviews of them on the blog, but I hadn't pulled the trigger yet. Seeing them in person was just too much to resist! I think I bought at least one of every species they had in stock; the duplicates were donated to a kids' toy event.

Bread

Some recent acquisitions. Bad photos, but soon I will be taking some better photos for my collection thread(s).
Edit: Also my first prehistoric marine animal! Definitely going to be adding more to the collection, but of course space is going to be an issue for these.

Crazy how large this CollectA Kronosaurus is. A $50 figure compared to a ~$25 figure. Although the Nanmu Stegosaurus just has amazing detail which really makes it worth its price.

Thialfi

Quote from: Roselaar on October 04, 2021, 05:02:04 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on October 02, 2021, 09:38:57 PM
Wow, great goodies! What shop is that of I may ask? I am in Amsterdam every now and then. Thanks!
It's a store called Gone with the Wind, near Muntplein, right in the centre of town. Can recommend!  :)
Oohhh I know that shop! Didn't know they carried such a diverse line up of figures! I always thought just the usual Schleich fare. Great, thank you!  :))

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your book and all your news. Those stuffed prehistoric marine animals are very interesting.

avatar_Bread @Bread  I congratulate you on all your acquisitions and your photos against all your opinion are very beautiful. I would like to take those photographs that you have taken. As always, your good taste in acquiring collectible figures is highly commendable.

Gwangi

Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on the Paleozoic Pals. I'm really surprised that you found them in the wild in Utah. I thought they were exclusive to the Museum of the Earth. Happy to see them getting spread around.

Roselaar

Quote from: Thialfi on October 05, 2021, 07:27:17 AM

Oohhh I know that shop! Didn't know they carried such a diverse line up of figures! I always thought just the usual Schleich fare. Great, thank you!  :))

Currently they're selling Safari, Papo, Collecta and newcomer EoFauna. They told me last week they'll also be stocking Mojo soon. So in terms of physical stores in the Netherlands, they're the most diverse I've ver seen.
They used to sell Schleich, but stopped doing that recently. Won't miss them, they can be found anywhere else after all.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2021, 02:14:17 PM
Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on the Paleozoic Pals. I'm really surprised that you found them in the wild in Utah. I thought they were exclusive to the Museum of the Earth. Happy to see them getting spread around.
That's kind of the impression I had, too - hence my shock and excitement at encountering them. I hope they keep spreading, because I think they're great!

Newt

I finally acquired the Safari feathered T. rex, at Hobby Lobby of all places. Normally the only Safari items they stock are Toobs, but they had a bunch of the T. rexes for about $6 each. I couldn't pass it up!

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Newt on October 05, 2021, 07:45:46 PM
I finally acquired the Safari feathered T. rex, at Hobby Lobby of all places. Normally the only Safari items they stock are Toobs, but they had a bunch of the T. rexes for about $6 each. I couldn't pass it up!

Wow that's a really good price for that figure! I already have one but for that price I'd happily grab another.
I'm gonna head to my local HB and see.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Kotori_Sonoda

Been so long since my last dinosaur haul...
These figures I've been excited about and im glad to finally have them

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 06, 2021, 04:08:07 AM
Been so long since my last dinosaur haul...
These figures I've been excited about and im glad to finally have them

My congratulations. I'm glad for you. JW's dinosaurs are downright palatable figures. Worthy of any collector of any age.

Thialfi

Quote from: Roselaar on October 05, 2021, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on October 05, 2021, 07:27:17 AM

Currently they're selling Safari, Papo, Collecta and newcomer EoFauna. They told me last week they'll also be stocking Mojo soon. So in terms of physical stores in the Netherlands, they're the most diverse I've ver seen.
They used to sell Schleich, but stopped doing that recently. Won't miss them, they can be found anywhere else after all.

That's amazing, absolutely the most diverse I have ever come across as well! I went yesterday and picked up a very modest two figures (from which one isn't even in the prehistoric animals range per se). Will definitely be back, thanks again!

A lynx and redlichia rex trilobite

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Lynx

*gasp*, Your right! I wonder how I got there...  :o
An oversized house cat.

Die_Maulquappe

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Shonisaurus

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi  My congratulations on your new acquisitions. That lynx and the redlichia rex are two very affordable figures from the economic point of view and at the same time they are very cool figures.

avatar_Die_Maulquappe @Die_Maulquappe  My congratulations on your figure and on your video, Sideshow's mosasaurus ... they are big words in quality and beauty it is a superior acquisition in quality and beauty that most DTF members can buy

Roselaar

Quote from: Thialfi on October 06, 2021, 11:33:33 AM

That's amazing, absolutely the most diverse I have ever come across as well! I went yesterday and picked up a very modest two figures (from which one isn't even in the prehistoric animals range per se). Will definitely be back, thanks again!

A lynx and redlichia rex trilobite

Awesome! Glad to have helped you out!  ^-^

Abobo

Today this beauty showed up :

The Nanmu Once & Future king T-Rex "Green" variant, a huge beast if you compare it with the Papo Spinosaurus :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: