News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Never even seen CollectA or Safari in a physical store, just as mythical as Eofauna to me, but congratsbon your lovely haul.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. You have the same tastes as a collector as I do. Honestly I am very glad that you got the Eofauna giganotosaurus is a fabulous figure, perhaps the best scientific giganotosaurus that exists in the market.

Rexy

Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for the mention avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur and sharing the pic of your recent acquisitions.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia  My congratulations on your new acquisitions, Collecta, Eofauna and PNSO are the three great scientific dinosaur companies that exist today, along with Safari and Favorite among others, the Collecta gomphoterium is very beautiful a figure very little valued by collectors and I think that it is unfairly undervalued from my point of view. It is a very well made prehistoric mammal. The atlasaurus is my favorite sauropod. Thanks for sharing these photos.

avatar_Rexy @Rexy  My congratulations on your compsognathus from Papo if I'm not mistaken.

Rexy

Nice, isn't it? I like how it looks like the ones in the movies. Just been checking out everythingdinosaur.com and I really like the feathered raptors. Maybe I can get mum to buy me some for Christmas or my birthday.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Duck

I know I'm late but...

I just got this Safari Kronosaurus. My only complaint is some scuff marks from shipping.

He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your latest purchase. By the way is that kronosaurus second hand? I comment on this in relation to your comments on wear of the figure by shipping.

Duck

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 01, 2021, 09:18:41 AM
My congratulations on your latest purchase. By the way is that kronosaurus second hand? I comment on this in relation to your comments on wear of the figure by shipping.
I don't know. I got it from Model Toy center because it was cheap.
He who dwells in pond

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, congratulations on all the great aquisitions everyone.

I have no new Figures, but i got this wonderful piece. It is really sweet.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very nice avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I have all 3 of those, they arerelaly lovely.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

I purchased recently a second hand collection of "El mundo de los dinos" by Planeta de Agostini, a collection I wanted so hardly to get for me my kids.
There are 80 books and nearly 200 figures, absolutely cute. It's amazing the hard work behind it and all the information given of some species you wouldn't imagine to find in a collection aimed for children.
I've gathered all about the collection and some pictures of the figures, here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9728.0

Hope you enjoy them, too!

Thialfi

Quote from: Roselaar on September 24, 2021, 03:09:25 PM
Finally visited my regular dinosaur dealer in Amsterdam and returned with these goodies from Papo, Collecta, Safari and, surprisingly, EoFauna. Very glad to see the latter in an actual store, never thought I would!

Wow, great goodies! What shop is that of I may ask? I am in Amsterdam every now and then. Thanks!

brontosauruschuck

Wow. That's a very impressive collection.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  My congratulations, every book of prehistoric animals is welcome for those of us who are collectors. Today I buy more books than figures of prehistoric dinosaurs.

avatar_Duna @Duna  My congratulations! Your number of figures is increasing. You must have one of the best vintage dinosaur collections among the DTF members. You are a lucky person.

Grimbeard

New additions from PNSO!

I love about everything about the Parasaurolophus: the sculpt, the painting, the color scheme, the pose, the bulk. Its the perfect mix between aesthetically pleasing, scientific accurate (as of now) and actually has characters.

I was orginially sceptic of the PNSO mini series, but since non-JP, feathered compsognathids are virtually non-existent in toy form, I just had to get this Sinosauropteryx. I love the post the sculpt details, but would have liked if the color would be more on the red instead of the bright-orange side. I would love to add the mini Nemicolopterus to my collection some day as well, it looks so well sculpted and colorfull. Same for the Ophthalmosaurus.

When I saw the first promo pictures, I know I needed this. Fun fact: Wiehenvenator , a close relative of Torvosaurus, was excavated in Minden, only around 100 km away from my home place. The smaller size actually works to make it kinda represent  Wiehenvenator as well. When the first in-hand picture got released, i was kinda disappointed that the grey was lighter then in the promo images, but now i actually like the lighter finish more. The sculpting is phenomenal, especially on the head.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs
I saw reviews of these books and they look so nice, especially for childrens books. I wish they would get translated into other languages so I could gift them to my godchild when she is older. She got a pop-up book from a popular german children series that she LOVES and pesters my sister to read for her every bed time, its even surprising up-to-date for a book for little children. Link for anyone who cares what I'm talking about here

Duck

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard My congrats on your acquisitions. Those are both very nice figures.
He who dwells in pond

SidB

Shonisaurus

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. They are, as I already mentioned, figures highly coveted and loved by any member of DTF, at least for me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: