News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954  My congratulations. Collecta's dinosaurs and prehistoric animals have not yet arrived in the physical stores of my nation. I will post photos when I have said figures. That doedicurus along with the pteranodon and mamenchisaurus are my favorite figures from Collecta this year. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful close-up photo.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on your new Kaiyodo figure sincerely that company makes figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals very rare in the world of collecting.

need4swede

Quote from: Bread on October 24, 2021, 03:25:33 AM
Nanmu Triceratops finally arrived.

Wow, she's gorgeous! Convinced me to order one for sure - excited for her arrival!

I received 'Nick' over the weekend - love the scale and detail of the model.

- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_need4swede @need4swede My congratulations! Two outstanding additions to your collection that triceratops far surpasses other JP / JW triceratops figures although it can equal or exceed W-Dragon, on the other hand that PNSO ceratosaurus nicknamed Nick would have bought it in his day if he were not so big. I'm glad for you.

Bread

avatar_need4swede @need4swede she is a beauty! It was a tough choice between this one and the tricolor variant, but for screen accuracy purposes it had to be this one.

Also congratulations on the large PNSO Ceratosaurus. It is a beautiful piece, but I just wish it wasn't so large.

Bokisaurus

Awesome new additions!
Wow, that photo of Nick really made me rethink about getting him, just beautiful!
I'm sure I could make "room" somewhere!🤣

Carnoking

avatar_need4swede @need4swede Dang, I don't know if it's the lighting, your camera, or the filters but you got Nick looking nice! Dare I say, better than my copy. May need to get a replacement...

need4swede

Quote from: Bread on October 31, 2021, 10:46:22 PM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede she is a beauty! It was a tough choice between this one and the tricolor variant, but for screen accuracy purposes it had to be this one.

Also congratulations on the large PNSO Ceratosaurus. It is a beautiful piece, but I just wish it wasn't so large.

I feel ya! I saw that one - along with the Triceracow! But like you, I opted for the JP color scheme. I was on the fence about it, but seeing how yours ended up, I couldn't resist! Congrats on getting hours home.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 01, 2021, 12:52:04 AM
Wow, that photo of Nick really made me rethink about getting him, just beautiful!
I'm sure I could make "room" somewhere!🤣

Thank you! Hey man, that's how it works. With the amount of dinosaurs I'm bringing home, I'm gonna have to ask my son to move out pretty soon to make space. He's turning 4 next year - pretty sure he'll manage  ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 31, 2021, 10:08:12 PM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede My congratulations! Two outstanding additions to your collection that triceratops far surpasses other JP / JW triceratops figures although it can equal or exceed W-Dragon, on the other hand that PNSO ceratosaurus nicknamed Nick would have bought it in his day if he were not so big. I'm glad for you.

Thank you, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! Yeah he's pretty tall - not only is the size a matter of physical space, but it can also disrupt the visual aesthetic of your display/diorama due its comparatively higher volume. But if you can make it work, it's definitely a head turner.

Quote from: Carnoking on November 01, 2021, 01:12:52 AM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede Dang, I don't know if it's the lighting, your camera, or the filters but you got Nick looking nice! Dare I say, better than my copy. May need to get a replacement...

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thanks man! It's actually combination of all four. I waited until dark and went outside with some lights to setup the shot and finalized the photo in Lightroom. In a 'regular' in-door environment, the color was less saturated and a bit more faded - but still looks fantastic! I was trying to photograph it to look closer to the promotional material from PNSO. Pretty happy with how it turned out!
- Swede

Fembrogon

I happened across the Mattel Zuniceratops at Meijer yesterday, and decided I liked it enough to get it.

Libraraptor

Nothing too spectacular,  but I got myself cheap Safari Carnegie collection Acrocanthosaurus on eBay .

Bread

Another recent acquisition from Minizoo. Took a few weeks but that's to be expected during these times.
Two Safari figures, Postosuchus and Dimetrodon.
Two CollectA figures, Mosasaurus and Edaphosaurus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations that zuniceratops does not have to envy JP / JW ceratopsid figures, it is very pretty.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  My congratulations, sincerely discontinued figures such as Carnegie's acrocanthosaurus are still interesting, although that figure is light years away in quality in relation to its Safari counterpart, although it is still a cool figure from my honest point of view .

avatar_Bread @Bread , although I already mentioned it to you, my congratulations for acquiring those new figures Collecta and Safari are the best scientific dinosaur companies along with PNSO and Favorite among other companies although I know that I always repeat myself.

need4swede

Love the colors on the bottom two - congrats!
- Swede

Gwangi

The Safari Postosuchus is still one of my all time favorite Safari figures, and the Edaphosaurus is one of my favorites from CollectA. Congrats avatar_Bread @Bread, and everyone else.

need4swede

The 'Crimson King' Carnotaurus
By Rebor

Featuring the Carnotaurus Rat Pack
- Swede

Bread

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Every time I see photos of that Carnotaurus rex by Rebor I am always amazed. I need to really cave in and buy it already.... otherwise I'll be filled with regret.
Congratulations on the pickup avatar_need4swede @need4swede
It is one of those that really touch the nostalgia part of my collecting priorities.

Carnoking

More great photos of another great figure avatar_need4swede @need4swede

Finally caught up on PNSO dinosaur releases with Ivan and Erma. I think they're both great figures if a little overpriced.

need4swede

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Beautiful additions, my friend! Do they both share a similar color scheme? One looks a bit lighter than the other.
- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your latest acquisition of Rebor's carnotaurus "King Crimson", it's majestic! that red or pink color on his body and bright and his sculpture make him very beautiful and it is even better than his predecessor of the same brand, although that for me is better proportioned. It is immense! How precious it is!

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations on your two new figures. Yes, they are figures that are too expensive but honestly they are high quality figures and the price is the tribute that one has to pay to obtain those wonderful high quality sculptures. They are both beautiful dinosaurs, I love you so much!

dinodamage

avatar_need4swede @need4swede fantastic photos, congrats on such a striking acquisition! I love how Rebor does their teeth

I really need to get my hands on one, I've always really loved the carnotaurus designs from that movie... big chunky bulldogs

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking lovely! I'm so impressed with the pose on Ivan it's made me consider, which would be my first hadrosaur figure. Something about it just feels so lifelike and natural in a way not commonly seen. Great addition!

Duck

Nice hauls everybody,
I got myself 2 Beasts of the Mesozoic and one beast of the modern household!

He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: