News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

(deleted) (My recent figures on previous page)
He who dwells in pond

need4swede

Quote from: dinodamage on November 04, 2021, 06:50:39 PM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede... big chunky bulldogs

Oh man, now I can't unsee it!  ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 04, 2021, 02:57:15 PM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your latest acquisition of Rebor's carnotaurus "King Crimson", it's majestic!

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!
- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duck @Duck My congratulations little figures are the theropods and ceratopsids of BoTM! N What beautiful figures.

Fembrogon

I found a discount code for Dejankins in my latest Prehistoric Times issue, so I bit the bullet and ordered three figures that have sitting in my wishlist for far too long:

There's always something else to buy, so certain items end up being set aside... and set aside... and set aside... to the point that I've been eyeballing the Papo Spino for nearly FIFTEEN STINKING YEARS now since it was first announced, without ever managing to pull the trigger. Even the Schleich model has been out for, what - 4 years already? It's kind of a relief to finally have these three on my shelf.

Here's a group shot with the newer spinos:

At this point I probably need to admit to myself that Spinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs.  :))

Bread

Congratulations avatar_Duck @Duck and avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on your recent acquisitions. All very nice choices.

need4swede

Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on your new additions! Glad to see you're taking them all out for a spin....

...I'll see myself out
- Swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations. Without a doubt the spinosaurus along with the tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus are the three most successful theropods on the market. You have made a very good choice of spinosaurus.

Fembrogon

Quote from: need4swede on November 09, 2021, 05:18:35 AM
Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon on your new additions! Glad to see you're taking them all out for a spin....

...I'll see myself out
Try not to get eaten on your way to the door, haha! :)) :P

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 09, 2021, 09:05:40 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations. Without a doubt the spinosaurus along with the tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus are the three most successful theropods on the market. You have made a very good choice of spinosaurus.
Honestly it's easy for me to see why Spinosaurus remains so popular. Whether it's as an apex movie monster or a bizarre scientific anomaly, Spinosaurus has enough traits and "lore" to interest just about any dino fan.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 08, 2021, 11:13:10 PM
I found a discount code for Dejankins in my latest Prehistoric Times issue, so I bit the bullet and ordered three figures that have sitting in my wishlist for far too long:

There's always something else to buy, so certain items end up being set aside... and set aside... and set aside... to the point that I've been eyeballing the Papo Spino for nearly FIFTEEN STINKING YEARS now since it was first announced, without ever managing to pull the trigger. Even the Schleich model has been out for, what - 4 years already? It's kind of a relief to finally have these three on my shelf.

Here's a group shot with the newer spinos:

At this point I probably need to admit to myself that Spinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs.  :))
Ah, the blessed 'discount code' - well done!

Fembrogon

Another box day yesterday - Target was doing a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale online last week, so I grabbed four Amber Collection raptors and the Mega Destroyer Carcharodontosaurus. I basically got one of them for free.

I like them all, but the JP3 raptor is definitely my favorite.

Here's a shot of the trio, plus another with Delta for good measure:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  Congratulations on all your new acquisitions, the JW / JP carcharodontosaurus and velociraptors look great.

On the other hand,

At last I got the dinosaurs from Collecta and the one from Safari!

I pass you some very defective photographs and in which I have had to make a lot of effort to lie down since I suffer from advanced arthritis and my feet hurt horrendously to take the photos of my new acquisitions.

The daspletosaurus from Safari, kamuysaurus, pravitoceras, pteranodon Deluxe, xiphactinus and brontosaurus corpse all of these from Collecta.

New photos and new comments starting tomorrow at Shonisaurus Collection.

Fembrogon

Nice haul, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! I'm way behind on CollectA myself. They're unbeatable in sheer quantity.

Bread

Nice acquisitions avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon

Recently got these three in the mail this past week. More images in my collection thread.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for your words. Collecta's dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are unsurpassed in quality and price they are quite affordable and the same can be said for the daspletosaurus from Safari.

avatar_Bread @Bread My congratulations on your new acquisitions, the dunkleosteus looks beautiful and big compared to the atopodentatus and the olorotitan, the latter the olorotitan looks magnificent. Thanks for sharing the photograph, it is sublime.

Bread

Thank you for your words as well avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
I have to agree on all your points.

Grimbeard

S @SidB
Nice haul of a whole herd of spinosaurus. I still baffled how good Schleichs Spinosaurus looks, especially in comparison to their "other" theropods. Easy my second favorite after the updated PNSO one.

The Dunkleosteus and Olorotitan are my two favorite models from PNSO of the second half of 2021, truly marvelous.

That Pteranodon has such a nice scuplt and paintshop, shame its part of the "extra large" pterosaur line, as its scale is too large for my collection. The Daspletosaur looks so much better in-hand. I think I already said it in my thread, Safari need to step it up with their promotional photos, they sometimes really dont do their toys a facvour by oversaturating their promo pics.

Since its my birthday today and I have the best friends and family a man could wish for, my biggest haul of the year so far. Finally some addition for my non-dinosaurian parts of my collection   :))

I will post more pictures and opinions in my thread later.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard  True, the pteranodon is a very beautiful figure in sculpture and painting, well, generally speaking. On the other hand, my congratulations for all your new dinosaur figures are wonderful. I am very happy for you and being your birthday as I have already mentioned, enjoy it as you are enjoying it, today is your day.

Fembrogon

That's a great selection of gifts, avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard! The invertebrates look especially neat. I know the Anomalocaris is by Favorite, but what brand are the other 3?

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on October 23, 2021, 10:20:32 AM
Most recent haul, and the last one for some time.

lol nevermind

(From left to right)
Safari Ltd Einiosaurus, Deinosuchus, and CollectA Dolichorhynchops.

And more on the way. The 11.11 sales on AliExpress were too tempting.

Duna

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon That's a really nice selection of Spinosauruses, the best of each brand. I still have my Papo spino and I don't plan to get rid of it as it's very detailed. And that JP3 raptor is the best, I agree with you.
It's a pleasure avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus to see your new adquisitions, too! This year has been a nice one for Safari and Collecta, congrats for that batch.
avatar_Bread @Bread I'm in love with that Dunkleosteus, looks like a live fish, alive.
avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard hope you have had a happy day, those are really nice presents I would also like for my own birthday, too!
C @CarnotaurusKing nice adquisitions and those on the way are even more exciting, too! I was very tempted with 11.11 sales, too. But I had to resist, I have no much room and need to be very selective with the species choice.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: