News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  My congratulations. That Mattel set is extremely interesting,

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations you are very lucky. Unfortunately, the pre-ordered Collecta figures have not yet received them in my nation. We will have to wait. I also congratulate you on the other figures of the Collecta brand.

avatar_Bread @Bread  My congratulations, you have one of the most beautiful JP / JW movie-based triceratops on the market.

Carnoking

That's gotta be a record ship time for me, 15 days! Figured I'd be waiting at least another couple of weeks for this beautiful thing. Barring some paint slops here and there, I am thoroughly blown away by this guy.

I actually liked it so much that I ended up spending longer than I care to admit rearranging my desk just to have it at the center. Some stand-in REBOR pieces were unfortunately usurped from their places but a trivial sacrifice for a view this good.

Eocarcharia

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Awesome new addition! And fantastic looking display too!

Quote from: Carnoking on October 24, 2021, 05:01:24 PM
Some stand-in REBOR pieces were unfortunately usurped from their places but a trivial sacrifice for a view this good.
A small price to pay for salvation.

Duck

New figures from Safari LTD.
I bought these from a museum store, and it was really nice to buy some models in person again!
Safari Malawisaurus

Safari Anzu

Safari Yutyrannus

And I have also ordered the Beasts of the Mesozoic Spiclypeus and Dromeosaurus 2nd edition
So expect photos of those soon! Originally I wanted a big centerpiece model, but I soon realized I didn't want any figure to dominate my shelf. I also was getting kind of bored of large theropods, so I tried something new with these two action figures.
He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duck @Duck  My congratulations, the figures you have obtained belong to a very bright era of Safari, let's hope it returns in quantity and quality this next year, enjoy your new figures, I'm very happy for you.

Abobo

Ikessauro

Got a nice Safari haul today, some Carnegie variants, an Invicta Ichthyosaurus and the Bully Spinophorosaurus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely acquisitions avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro the blue Styracosaurus looks really nice, I didn't know they had variants
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ikessauro

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 25, 2021, 10:44:50 PM
Lovely acquisitions avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro the blue Styracosaurus looks really nice, I didn't know they had variants

Thanks! Me neither. I posted more pictures of it on the Carnegie Collection thread. I suspect this might be a custom, but not sure yet.

SidB

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 25, 2021, 10:50:15 PM

Thanks! Me neither. I posted more pictures of it on the Carnegie Collection thread. I suspect this might be a custom, but not sure yet.
Regardless of whether or not that proves to be a legitimate variant, it's remarkable how many were produced during the 27 years of Carnegie's existence. It's pretty unlikely that any other line will prove both so varied and have such longevity.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 25, 2021, 10:50:15 PM

Nice additions 😃 that blue styracosaurus is just another color variant, they gave it slightly different colors during its run.
I saw one just like it in the store once, and the one I have is colored somewhat in between the two you have😃

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Nice acquisitions. He did not know that color variant of the styracosaurus. You must have one of the complete dinosaur collections in the world.

dinodamage

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking well...if I wasn't convinced before, these pics really seal the deal for me getting that nanmu rex. Lovely photos!

avatar_Duck @Duck some of the best safari figs imo, great additions!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 26, 2021, 04:28:29 AM
Nice additions 😃 that blue styracosaurus is just another color variant, they gave it slightly different colors during its run.
I saw one just like it in the store once, and the one I have is colored somewhat in between the two you have😃

Good to know it is a genuine variant. Had never seen this one before. Must have been a shorter run. Would love to see yours sometime.

Roselaar

A few more figurespicked up from my Amsterdamian dino dealer. A duo of Mojo figures and a majestic Eofauna Sauropod!

Thialfi

Great picks, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar, that atlasaurus especially is an exquisite model, but I really dig the other two as well.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations! The deinotherium of Mojo is the most beautiful prehistoric mammal figure made by that brand (from my point of view) and with regard to the tropeognathus it is a pterosaur perhaps not totally achieved but it is to be praised by Mojo that he looks at said figure strange. Regarding the atlasaurus, it is the jewel of the group of prehistoric animals that you have bought. He is a phenomenal figure.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Good shot of your Doedicurus, avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 , I'm hoping to get mine from Dejankins, whenever the shipment get offloaded from its container.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Someone on eBay UK was (and still is) selling some Kaiyodos, so I bought this Sinemys. It's lovely, took me longer to assemble than I would have liked

Congrats on a wild Atlasaurus
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: