News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren.  Some of mine are duly corralled in a cabinet in the model room.  But quite a few have made a bid for freedom and settled in the sitting room.  Fortunately my husband likes them!

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 21, 2021, 01:40:36 PM
Congrats, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! The Albertaceratops is beautiful, I'm still wishing I had added it to my order. I still might pick it up, but these BotM ceratopsians are rapidly taking over all my shelf space.

I got the shipping confirmation for mine yesterday. They should show up today or tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 16, 2021, 10:43:34 PM
avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus, I've seen a few (like this one) going for pretty cheap on eBay recently. You might want to take a look if you haven't already.

Thanks avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , I may take the chance and look out for it :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My congratulations on your new acquisitions. How I wish I had all the BoTM ceratopsides! I wish to buy everythingdinosaur the kosmoceratops and medusaceratops.

Those albertoceratops and sinoceratops should be more physically attractive to have than looking at such figures with promotional and collector's photos and videos. How lucky you are!

need4swede

Amber Collection - Velociraptors
by Mattel

- Swede

JohannesB

I don't care for Mattel at all, but these figures do look fine, avatar_need4swede @need4swede

Shonisaurus

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Those Mattel figures look superior. They do not have to envy the BoTM figures of David Silvas. Those veliciraptor are great.

Fembrogon

Nice raptors, avatar_need4swede @need4swede! The JPIII raptor in particular is a splendid-looking figure, one of Mattel's best. Your photographs under the tree look great.

Libraraptor

At last an Invicta marine reptile stand.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just one Pentaceratops this time, the Jurassic stuff isn't updated very often where I live.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Strepsodus

Cool creatures. I like the Amber Collection raptors avatar_need4swede @need4swede, they always reminded me of BOTM for some reason.

God, I've wanted these for ages.

Dunkleosteus

One thing I thought was weird was that the Dunkleosteus had claspers (which are a male shark's fertilization organ). It's odd because Dunkleosteus was much more primitive than sharks. Maybe a forum member could have the answer?

Archelon

Megalodon

Favorite models aren't the easiest to get for me, but if their future stuff is as cool as this, I'll keep buying them.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your acquisition of those lovely Favorite Co marine animals S @Strepsodus I'll admit I've never looked at the underside of that Dunkleosteus.
Also have you tried Brett for Favorite Co?

A few days ago, this German fella arrived from Solvenia:

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Strepsodus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 24, 2021, 01:38:43 AM
Also have you tried Brett for Favorite Co?

That's actually who I got the models from, it just took me a while to place an order because I was busy with other stuff. We only know dunkleosteus from skulls, but the males likely didn't have exactly the same fertilization organ as sharks did, so it's really just interesting speculation on Favorite's part.

need4swede

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2021, 08:35:17 PM
avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Those Mattel figures look superior. They do not have to envy the BoTM figures of David Silvas. Those veliciraptor are great.

Thank you, everyone! I think they fit right in with the rest of the collection.

How funny you should mention that - I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw them. I reckon they could go toe-to-toe with many figures of its class - and for the price, it's pretty darn good. Really love the JP3 one.
- Swede

SenSx

Congratz need4swede for your Nanmu Rex, I know the new Buck is getting all the attention right now, and I love it, but i still prefer this female version from Nanmu.

Here is my own early little christmas, a long overdue order from Everything Dinosaur:

Sorry I did not take pictures of the opened figures  ;D
I'll have to fix some paint defects here and there, but it should do it.

I'm a bit disappointed in the Nanmu Spinosaurus, because mine does not seem to have as vibrant colors as others, I'm talking about the light grey lines.
Also there isn't any blue color on the crest.
But I'm keeping it because the head is absolutely perfect, which is the most important for me, and I'll just think mine is just a darker version.
Maybe it is my particular model, or they later batch has a different paint app or a dropp in quality ( the latest Nanmu Spinosaurus I found on the net is exactly the same as mine).

The Rebor Smilodon is absolutely perfect, thank god, because I have had quality control issues with my other Rebor products in the past.
It's a bit on the grey side though, I expected it to be more white, but they are all like that.

Love the PNSO Torvosaurus, I'm impressed by all hte details it has.
My only complain is the eyes have a different direction, making the front look a bit goofy, but I'm very nitpick.

I wasn't fan of the Collecta Megalosaurus, but I really needed a figure of that criminally underrepresented legacy dinosaur.
I must say it looks better in hand than on pictures or videos, I really like it, just wish it was a little bigger.

Happy Christmas everyone ! ;)

Duck

avatar_SenSx @SenSx Wow, quite the haul you got there!
He who dwells in pond

PrimevalRaptor

Happy holidays guys!
Got two new acquisitions that I've eyed for quite some time this year, the amazing Europasaurus book and the Safari Parasaurolophus.

Gonna take some more photos of the Para next year (hopefully finally with the Sauropelta too) at our local park but for now I can say it's amazing, I wasn't too keen on it when it first got revealed, but the texture and sculpt are just incredible and I really like the color scheme.

Libraraptor

Congrats everyone!  I wonder how that Procynosuchus got to Slovenia, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx . A few years ago I was the one who actually started the hype for this figure. As for me, I got this vintage set of Laramis in original packaging for Christmas and I am very happy about it.

Gwangi

Every night this past week I've allowed my daughter to open up a new book for story time. Last night it was avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum 's The Plesiosaur's Neck. She thoroughly enjoyed it. She hypothesized that plesiosaurs used their long necks for raiding bird nests.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on December 24, 2021, 10:18:01 PM
Every night this past week I've allowed my daughter to open up a new book for story time. Last night it was avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum 's The Plesiosaur's Neck. She thoroughly enjoyed it. She hypothesized that plesiosaurs used their long necks for raiding bird nests.

That's wonderful!  ^-^

CityRaptor

Nice hauls, everyone!

I got this:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: