News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB Your figure doesn't look defective to me, it looks like mine from what I can tell. I doubt such hard plastic could sag or dent, it would sooner break, I think. I agree with paintingdinos and CARNOTAURUS, it's meant to portray a heavy animal in motion, that's why the torso was sculpted that way. I also think it's partially hollow, probably to keep the weight down. It's already a heavy brick as it is. There were shipping problems with this model, an even higher weight would not have helped there.

I'm sorry you don't like this one much. I personally love it, but I also paid a lot less for it than you did.

JohannesB

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Thank you for your message. For what I paid for it in total, I just expected too much. I think I still want to get rid of it and forget the whole thing. There was another compounding factor at play that disgusts me about all of it. (The seller did not have his business in order, I think, which had me paying import duties twice. I will not buy from him again.) But ultimately, it isn't the figures' or W-Dragon's fault, I guess. If I'm lucky, someone might buy it for half of the costs I spent on it. I either have to keep it, give it away as a present, or destroy it, because shipping it out from where I live would amount to exorbitantly high costs relative to the low value of this thing.

My PNSO Corythosaurus will be coming in soon. I hope she will be able to make me happy ;)

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  I am very sorry that you are frustrated with your purchase, in any case I congratulate you, despite everything I like it. I would like to ask you a question if it is not too much to ask. Is it vinyl and does it not have any resin parts? I am interested in that information in case I am encouraged to buy it in the future. It is a pity that you have spent a large sum of money and then regret having bought it, I admit that it is frustrating.

I hope that the acquisition of the corythosaurus from PNSO takes away the bad taste in your mouth of buying that figure, clearly I think they may have sold it to you as you say with manufacturing defects.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  I'm glad and congratulations on your new purchase. The world of stuffed animals is something interesting, there are many older people who collect stuffed animals and honestly, who was going to tell me that stuffed animals of dinosaurs were going to be made 45 years ago! It is impressive how dinosaurs are becoming popular and we owe it all above all to JP/JW and the BBC series WWD among other productions.

JohannesB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2022, 05:28:40 PM
avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  I am very sorry that you are frustrated with your purchase, in any case I congratulate you, despite everything I like it. I would like to ask you a question if it is not too much to ask. Is it vinyl and does it not have any resin parts? I am interested in that information in case I am encouraged to buy it in the future. It is a pity that you have spent a large sum of money and then regret having bought it, I admit that it is frustrating.

I hope that the acquisition of the corythosaurus from PNSO takes away the bad taste in your mouth of buying that figure, clearly I think they may have sold it to you as you say with manufacturing defects.

Thank you for your message avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I appreciate it. I believe that this statue is indeed made up of different materials, in a positive sense, to make sure the figure stands stable and secure (and does not warp over time). I think I heard somewhere that some parts (the legs) are polystone or some other material that does not warp or bends over time. I think the same is true of their female Tyrannosaurus ('Rexy') statue (which I also own, and which I think is simply fantastic). The neck seems to me to be of sturdy but hollow plastic. I cannot prove that, but when I have the figure in my hands, it balances in a way which makes me feel the neck is very lightweight. The body and the tail seem to me to be hollow plastic filled up with some other, very heavy material. As I said, I can't really prove it. It is just inference from what I know about the W-Dragon 'Rexy', as well as from what I can feel when I have the figure in my hands, and from what I hear when I knock on the figure and when I exert pressure on different parts, trying to bend them or push hard on parts of it. For example, when I push on the left side behind the shoulder blade, I feel the plastic moving (which does not happen on the right side, which is seemingly filled up correctly with the heavy material) - knocking on those areas on either side of the body produces very different sounds as well. Sorry if this answer is overly long or rambling :P

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB Thanks for the information, the answer is quite complete and therefore it is very good for being so long, because it is detailed. I already know what to expect when buying said brachiosaurus, it looks spectacular from my point of view.

Strepsodus

Two great figures today.

Safari Tylosaurus (was going for PNSO's, but I double-checked its accuracy with the members here and decided against it).

Collecta Mosasaurus

A trio of Mosasaurs, including PNSO's Ectenosaurus. All of these around 1:50-1:55

Fembrogon

Nice picks! The Collecta Mosa has an oddly-shaped skull, but it's probably the most impressive mass-produced figure of the genus right now (stylized Mattel notwithstanding).
The Safari Tylo seems a bit gaudy for a predator of its size, but I love the texture on the figure. Doug Watson does excellent scale detail on his models.

Duna

Great adquisitions S @Strepsodus Those two are very nice figures. I have the Collecta myself and I still don't plan to substitute it.

Fembrogon

A belated arrival from Amazon today: B @Bokisaurus's Helicoprion review intrigued me enough that I went ahead and got one of my own.

I like it; the figure has a nostalgic 90s-Imperial aesthetic. It's kind of funny that a third-party brand would do something as unique as Helicoprion when so many of the major brands haven't bothered.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Interesting Helicoprion avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon and it does seem odd that a company which generally produces what are essentially knock offs has made a retro Helicoprion. An interesting piece of paleohistory too.

I have gotten a lovely package of Kaiyodos today massive thanks to avatar_brettnj @brettnj
I will open all properly and assemble later on the week, possibly on the weekend, unless I get chance earlier.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

S @Strepsodus  My congratulations, the mosasaurus, whatever the brand, is a very popular marine reptile figure today thanks to the JP/JW movies among others.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new acquisition, the figures of these unknown companies have their charm and beauty and I know it from my own experience when buying their figures.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  Congratulations to the Kaiyodos without a doubt those miniatures are scientifically accurate and charming at the same time.

Roselaar

Added two more awesome (and big!) BotM Ceratopsians to the collection:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. BoTM's ceratopsids are one of my favorites (although I don't have any yet) because David Silva makes dinosaur figures, in this case horned dinosaurs that are unprecedented in the world of toy dinosaurs and extremely rare.

Fembrogon

I had the pleasant surprise of discovering this item on Facebook Marketplace recently, who just arrived today: a Superior Tyrannosaurus, obviously recast from the Marx potbelly mold. The plastic feels a little brittle, and this particular copy appears to have a chipped toe; but it's a pretty nice recast with lovely patterns.

PrimevalRaptor

Was hunting down the new Pokemon game (with not much success, gotta wait for the next shipment lol) and checked out the new Schleich models...only to end up with the Mattel Brachiosaurus baby after seeing it on sale, cute little figure and works well with the more stylized style of Mattel imo

JohannesB

I am delighted with this beautiful model! Nice and big and heavy! And she stands proudly and gracefully and very securely on her four feet ;D
My photo's really don't do her justice. (I did use a 50mm lens to make her seem as true to life as possible, with the least possible distortion.)
I think she now takes pride of place with the PNSO Iguanodon as my No. 1 favourite figure. I love excellent ornithopod figures, and I hope PNSO makes more.

need4swede

The Watchmen [Standing Ver.]
by Nanmu

The only thing that I own that is bigger than this figure, is the box it came in  ;D

- Swede

SidB

JohannesB

avatar_need4swede @need4swede Now that is indeed a beauty. Great it survived the long voyage! It trumps the W-Dragon Giraffatitan for sure, in both materials, detailing and presence, I would think 8) (Although that would maybe amount to comparing apples and oranges.)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I like the W Dragon Giraffatitan infinitely more than that piece but congrats on your acquisition, I hear some of these break too, so great to get an unbroken one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: