News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

That Quetzalcoatlus and that Torvosaurus are beautiful models. I want them too ;D

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  How lucky you are! You have a luxury quetzalcoatlus, GR Toys does a very good job, my congratulations.

avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  Although I told you before, my congratulations on your new figure. That torvosaurus is, together with the tarbosaurus and the carcharodontosaurus, one of the best that PNSO has done to date in terms of theropods.

Strepsodus

My PNSO Cretoxyrhina finally arrived!

With some other Western Interior Seaway Fauna. I would have made a shot with the Tylosaurus, but I have the more accurate Safari one instead.

And some other prehistoric "sharks" that I already have (Helicoprion is a stem-ratfish)

And as an icing on the cake, a Safari Sugar Glider from eBay

Fembrogon

Aswesome, S @Strepsodus! Aidan really is a great figure, and looks splendid alongside the other sea creatures too.

This fella came in the mail from Facebook Marketplace today; I've been intrigued by this anonymous toy line for a while now, so I finally pulled the trigger on one of the various listings available. I honestly really like this Dilophosaurus sculpt; it might be one of the best I've seen for the genus. I'm trying to figure out if it's truly original as a sculpt, or if it's taking particular inspiration from elsewhere. As a minus, the figure does have some balancing issues, and the paint apps are cheap: it's already scuffing easily.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just a few recent additions.

Beasts of the Mesozoic Sinoceratops

Jurassic Park Series 1 Pteranodon

The Lost World: Jurassic Park Juvenile T. rex
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

S @Strepsodus  My congratulations on your Cretoxyrhina how I would like to buy soon that great prehistoric shark, it is a very nice figure.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations for this new dilophosaurus, I was not aware that it existed like so many other figures described in the DTF.

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus  My congratulations for all your figures from both JP and BoTM, that sinoceratops is the figure that most attracts me.

MesozoicJohn

Chuanzi the Tarbosaurus by PNSO, jaw fixed and filled, de-seemed and ready to take his place on my display shelf.

Another fantastic model, his bulk showing he is a very successful hunter even if his arms are short  :)) Colours are not loud but look very good and of course he came via the ever brilliant Everything Dinosaur.

John :)

Fembrogon

Dilophosaurus has company now.

I discovered a toy company called Boley which sells this line of figures in packs for a good price, so I got the medium-sized set and the mini set. Boley appears to sell a lot of different knockoff-ish dino toys, but these ones are specifically labeled as "Gosnell" models; I'm wondering if that's the (or "a") name for the anonymous original manufacturer.
For cheap 3rd-party toys, they're honestly not bad: the joints feel kind of flimsy and the plastic has a slightly waxy/dusty feel to it, but the basic sculpts are pretty solid. The mini set even has a basic identification guide (albeit with a couple of wonky names). Granted, I think more than a couple of these figures are imitating models from other brands; but my initial reaction is that I'm going to genuinely like these.

At least a couple will probably end up being reviewed for the main Blog.

Shonisaurus

avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  Congratulations, that tarbosaurus is one of the best theropod figures ever made by PNSO.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  I congratulate you many of the figures of that company have a more than decent appearance.

MesozoicJohn

PNSO A-Qi the Sinoceratops. A stunning figure, great pose and lovely colours.

John :)

Grimbeard

Technically, the is not a new acquisition, but instead a "rediscovery", but I still very happy about it

I have mentioned before that my very first dinosaur figure was a 1988 Carnegie Collection Triceratops that I have lost when I moved out from my parents several years ago.

Yesterday I was helping my father clearing his basement from old stuff that has been stored there for years and Oh Fortuna, one of the items stored there was my old Trike!

It was unmistakenly my old one since it the "battle scars" it endure during my childhood: blunted tail tip, the right horn is bent and the left horn has its tip cut off.

While the pose and sculpt (especially the small head) is of course dated, I still like the greyish-blue and black color scheme. While I dont intend to display it in my main displays, I will keep it safe on my off-shelf in my storage room together with my other childhood dinosaurs.

Duna

That's a lovely finding avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard No figure you can buy today will have the same feeling of nostalgia that figure has. I also keep my childhood dinosaur figures, all of them.

Today I got this miniature (there is no other word for it), the PNSO pachycephalosarus. I wouldn't have thought of buying it at its sale price. I saw it second hand at a nice price and I decided to buy it. I couldn't stand the fact that the rod is almost larger than the own figure and it looked like a collar pendant on its neck. Of course it didn't stand on its own as many PNSO figures I have, even some quadrupedal ones. So I cut the rod 3 mm, and I found a much better way to display it (almost invisible and less distractible). Now I like it much more and I can display with my mini figures like the Collecta Borealopelta and psittacosaurus (larger PNSO would kill it if falling on it probably).

Shonisaurus

avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn  My congratulations on the PNSO sinoceratops is a highly enticing figure.

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard  I am glad that you have rediscovered your old triceratops from Safari/Carnegie is one of the pioneering figures of said brand and it is good to know that you have not lost it forever, the beautiful story you have related. My congratulations.

avatar_Duna @Duna  I really like your pachycephalosaurus I'm so glad you got it. My congratulations.

Roselaar

Added a few more JW figures new and old to the collection this week:

Die_Maulquappe

V-Rex Bust from King Kong 2005 by WETA (The Evolution of Tyrannosaurus Rex)

Oldy but goldy :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_y1zMdwbFQ&list=LL2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

The giant V-Rex Bust from King Kong 2005 by WETA :
I bought the bust very cheaply on lokal-ebay (compared to regular prices).
Undamaged (it says) but without the original styropor box.
Well, despite the great packaging of the preowner, the post office made it again... the head broke off.
I've already fixed it quite well... but I have to paint over the break more finely.
The color match better and the damage is barely visible but in the video its more obvious i see now than in reality. I´ll fix this again later.
Nevertheless after 17 years it´s nice to have one.
The details and quality are amazing!

Normally i only like realistic models but the design of this fictonal evolution Tyrannosaurus Rex is so great...it´s unmatched and rare these days.
The muzzle, the overgrown asymmetrical arms, the scars... awesome.
I love the design!!!
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Theriz

Just got the Safari Daspletosaurus,and I'm very pleased with it.

Shonisaurus

rosalaar My congratulations on all your new JP/JW acquisitions.

Die_Maulquappe Congratulations on your Vastatosaurus bust, sorry it broke but glad you were able to repair it.

Theriz I'm happy for you is the daspletosaurus Safari is a very well sculpted and affordable figure for any pocket. For me it is one of the best of its kind except for the BoTM one and surely if PNSO arrives at some point it will make one. My congratulations.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 08, 2022, 10:05:52 PM
Aswesome, S @Strepsodus! Aidan really is a great figure, and looks splendid alongside the other sea creatures too.

This fella came in the mail from Facebook Marketplace today; I've been intrigued by this anonymous toy line for a while now, so I finally pulled the trigger on one of the various listings available. I honestly really like this Dilophosaurus sculpt; it might be one of the best I've seen for the genus. I'm trying to figure out if it's truly original as a sculpt, or if it's taking particular inspiration from elsewhere. As a minus, the figure does have some balancing issues, and the paint apps are cheap: it's already scuffing easily.

Seems to be strongly inspired by the Sideshow Dilophosaurus

Fembrogon

That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well - not a bad reference by any means, but still sketchy due to how close it is.

Strepsodus

Collecta's Edaphosaurus just arrived today, very happy with my underrated Permian animal

With Safari's Dimetrodon

My entire Permian collection

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: