News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, why are you replacing the CollectA Iguanodon with the PNSO and Safari when the CollectA is the best out of all of these?

Shonisaurus

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos My congratulations on that hesperosaurus kit looks great.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your new quetzalcoatlus from GR Toys it is a highly desirable figure however I am sorry that the articulated jaw of the fully assembled model is already beginning to have problems. It is a very nice figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sim on February 25, 2022, 10:03:29 AM
avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, why are you replacing the CollectA Iguanodon with the PNSO and Safari when the CollectA is the best out of all of these?
avatar_Sim @Sim the CollectA's neck has always bothered me a little, I prefer chunkier Ornithiscians. And I don't mind going down a size or 2.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

HappyHen

Quote from: HappyHen on February 23, 2022, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on February 22, 2022, 07:52:02 PM
avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen, the buying guides are a neat idea. I really like the photo at the top of the alligator review, where you lined up all the gators next to each other--makes it easier to compare them. I find those kinds of side-by-side photos really helpful when I'm trying to decide which version of a species to buy.

Dusty - Thank you for the feedback.  Yes we are going to try to do those side by side for all the guides.  We also are going to post more actual pictures of each dinosaur on each of the dinosaur pages - we had a camera problem so we have been on hold for a little bit but are getting back to it.  Thanks again for the feedback - much appreciated - HHT.
Dusty - We just completed our Amargasaurus buying guide - which has a combo pic like you suggested.  https://www.happyhentoys.com/amargasaurus-dinosaur-toy-reviews.html    Also, if you click into each of the Amargasaurus figures, we have added more actual pics of the actual figures (not manufacturer pics) so hopefully that will assist in your decisions.  We are going back and doing the combo pics for the existing guides and will have those going forward.  Thanks again Dusty and anyone else please chime in with feedback as to what else would make these guides better. - Thx - HHT.

HappyHen

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 23, 2022, 03:51:06 PM
nice to see avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen (HappyHenToys) here! You are my go-to for purchases in the US :)
Glad to hear it - we are always here for you.  Best wishes - HHT

Duna

Some of my new things and not only figures, quite a variety this time ...  ^-^

PNSO Iguanodon, too expensive for my taste so I waited for a sale and bought it with a 14€ discount. My opinion of this figure in my collection thread.

A 1992 Panini Dinosaurs album (with most the same "vintage paleoart" stickers and information as the 1974 one, but at an affordable price). It's in Spanish language and in perfect condition, even with the inside leaflets for ordering more stickers and other albums of that time. More pictures of the inside in my thread.

A quite large Starlux advertising poster inspired in some of their Prehistoire collection.

Two more Starlux variants (I do collect too) I didn't have of Scolosaurus and Plesiosaurus. Not easy to find.

A 1992 Ravensburger puzzle with the famous Ian Coleman poster he did for the Invicta collection (British Museum of Natural History). There are other older editions. I also have the poster, too and a boxed set of 12 figures.

And yesterday I got from Amazon this amazing book I bought for my girls and I love it even more than them. Very inspiring, perfect narration and wonderful illustrations. If you like to have a look at the story, there are some Read Aloud videos on Youtube.

Roselaar

Those are some amazing acquisitions avatar_Duna @Duna ! I didn't know about the reuse of the Coleman painting for later Invicta products, very interesting! :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your new acquisitions are very varied. You are lucky when it comes to acquiring Starlux figures or other vintage or old brands (90s for example UKRD) in your collection. I say the same when it comes to finding Panini posters and albums. You are a lucky person.

On the other hand, that iguanodon is very cool, it is, in my opinion, the best of all toy dinosaur brands, well, and that Ravensburger puzzle must also be very nice.

Fembrogon

I bought some 3D plastic prints from eBay user tams4prairie which came in today: retro T. rex, Kannemeyeria, and Woolly & Columbian Mammoths.

The models are splendidly detailed, besides some minor printing defects. They're hard plastic, but since they're hollow the figures can be fragile; nevertheless I think these will look great alongside vintage Marx and MPC toys.

CityRaptor

Nice hauls!

Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period....

Doctor Collector Jurassic Park Raptor Claw Replica
Schmidt Spiele Jurassic World Blue plush
The latter is actually a gift for a someone so I'm not gonna keep her.

...with Zdenek Burian!

Die Verlorenen Welten des Zdenek Burian
Got it from Jokers.de which has it on sale for 12,99 Euros.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

Well this was certainly an unexpected arrival. I thought I would be waiting at least a couple more weeks to see PNSO's new Styracosaurus but boy am I glad I didn't have to!

It was certainly a nice pick-me-up after this little tragedy. My hopes were significantly improved after seeing some showing up in one piece, but it would seem that even with the extra care taken by the retailers, my luck was not in.

I did manage to put Humpty Dumpty back together again but it was a far from clean break and a lot of little bits were lost leading to some sizable gaps after the main piece was glued down. I did my best to patch it and disguise it with epoxy putty and paint but no matter how close I could get it it's always going to be broken in my mind (and trust me, this is the good side you're seeing right now)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations, those "retro" figures are great, the kannemeyeria is very beautiful and the same can be said for the prehistoric elephants and the tyrannosaurus rex with their "retro" aspect.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor  My congratulations on your new acquisitions.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations, the PNSO styracosaurus is superior to that of other brands, although I still like its Collecta counterpart a lot, so we're not going to fool ourselves. On the other hand, I am glad that you have repaired the resin brachiosaurus, you have been very skillful when it comes to fixing the breakage of that figure, it has been embroidered on you. I'm glad for you.

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, those are really nice purchases. That Nanmu is an impressive piece whose value will be increased in a short time, being a limited edition and probably won't be released again (at least made in resin). It's a pity about the broken neck but it was a risk. I'll keep it if it was mine, I have restored some of my figures, and most of them I even forgot which part was broken or repainted. The styracosaurus I myself have it and it's one of the PNSO figures I recommend without any doubt (along with dunkleosteous, parasaurolophus and ankylosaurus). I don't see any flaws in them.

Yesterday I got the Ambulocetus figure I commited from the Italian artist I bought the Mastodonsaurus from. And I'm very happy, it's a wonderful little piece, with a lot of detail. He made it accurate and in scale, cast it and then hand painted. As he has the mold, he can make more now. More pictures about the making off in my thread.
Here is a picture in comparison with Collecta borealopelta, is about the same size:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations, it's an ambulocetus, it's fabulous, it shows that resin figures are much better than PVC by far.

Carnoking

avatar_Duna @Duna The brach is indeed special, imperfect or not. I'll just have to learn to get over myself and enjoy it!

Today was certainly another good day for me!

Spoiler

The Zuchengtyrannus got here in what felt like record time from Aliexpress

And boy is it ever a doozy!

Some minor imperfections to the painting along the oral margin, but nothing a little drybrushing won't take care of. Overall, easily my favorite Tyrannosaur from PNSO yet!

Also, after a grueling wait, the final two Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsians have arrived!

Unfortunately, my luck continues to be out as I seem to have gotten one of the damaged trikes. Hopefully David can help resolve this quickly.

And perhaps I would have been able to overlook this if the ankle wasn't screwy, but it seems the eye of mine was painted in collaboration with Mattel ::)
[close]

Carnoking

The goodies keep coming. This time it's the PNSO Tsintaosaurus!

A gorgeous figure indeed. But I think it's the nail in the coffin for the Museum Line. I'll give them credit for going the extra mile with the paint job here, but on such a small figure, it still makes it hard to stomach the price.

Still, nice to see them all together.

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on March 04, 2022, 11:40:31 PM

Still, nice to see them all together.

Wow, what an amazing set! I actually have them all on order for this same reason, but this is the first time I'm actually seeing them displayed together and they look marvelous. Thanks for sharing!
- Swede

Duna

Congrats avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, that Tsintaosaurus looks super (I wish it was larger for that price). Very good pictures by the way.

ceratopsian

I very much like the superior paint job on the Tsintaosaurus.  But I remain unconvinced by the base!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm glad of the size because it is the only one of the Hadrosaurs which is 1:35 scale not 1:30 or 1:25, and the quality of the sculpt plus paint job, and it's nice chunkiness makes it the best thing since slider bread. Overpriced but I don't mind this once, just means I'm definitely not getting the Triceratops.
Congrats on your wonderful acquisition of this treasure.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: