News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 06, 2022, 06:57:52 PM
I'm glad of the size because it is the only one of the Hadrosaurs which is 1:35 scale not 1:30 or 1:25, and the quality of the sculpt plus paint job, and it's nice chunkiness makes it the best thing since slider bread. Overpriced but I don't mind this once, just means I'm definitely not getting the Triceratops.
Congrats on your wonderful acquisition of this treasure.
Hopefully a good sale will come up at some point, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , and a Triceratops will have your name on it!

JohannesB

The Stegosaurus is late on the scene (or rather, I am, because I bought it just a few weeks ago), but it arrived in immaculate condition, for which I am happy. (I also mean the box - which is a rarity.)

I am quite impressed with this figure/set of figures, even considering the/their size and paint apps. The paint app in itself is fine, maybe a bit dark and not enough contrast, which negates some of the effort that has gone into the complex paint scheme (I think I can see at least nine or ten different colors, applied in different places and patterns). The figures are made of a rubbery material, and they came a bit bent out of shape here and there, but that was fixed easily by dipping them in near-boiling water for a few seconds: they immediately returned to their original shapes.

Fembrogon

A wild Invicta Ichthyosaurus appears!

I happened upon what looked like a reasonably-priced listing on eBay, but I wasn't fully committed so I added it to my watch list. Moments later, I get a message from the seller offering a very generous discount, so I accepted and it promptly arrived today. I honestly wasn't expecting to acquire this figure any time soon, so this was a most welcome surprise.

Duna

That's one of the best Invictas, even now stands very well. Congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon

need4swede

Carnotaurus
by Schleich

Giganotosaurus
by Schleich

Smaug, the Unassessably Wealthy
by Weta Workshop

Ok, so the last one isn't really a dinosaur - but I just had to share it!

- Swede

Lanthanotus

That Smaug is really cute in a way, it quite boasts some character and the love for detail is nice with those jewels scattered over the head.

And you definetly got the better part out of these Schleich. I cannot say I like the models myself, but your photos make them look quite good and I honestly wish you joy with those.

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  Congratulations on your PNSO stegosaurus it is much better than its predecessor and the hatchling is lovely.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your Invicta ichthyosaurus. Back in the day I had a hard time finding it in a physical store in my nation. Magnificent acquisition, it is still for me today the best ichyosaurus that I have in my collection by far.

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  My congratulations on your new acquisitions, Schleich's carnotaurus is a somewhat exotic figure when it comes to sculpture and has its charm.

The giganotosaurus is not bad for a Schleich figure but I like the giant as I call it from the Humboldt Museum in Berlin, it seems to me the last one made of that series and the Smaug, it is a fantastic super-detailed figure.

Fembrogon

I'll echo the sentiments on your photography, avatar_need4swede @need4swede: your photos do those Schleich figure more than justice. It goes to show all the more that Schleich could probably produce some truly great dinosaurs if they put more care into proper anatomy and accuracy.

Fembrogon

A big box of assorted goodies arrived from Japan today, with the assistance of avatar_brettnj @brettnj:

In the back are the Invicta Brontosaurus, Baryonyx, and Iguanodon. I already have an Iggy in storage, so I won't be holding on to this one; it came with the Baryonyx at a surprisingly low price. The Bary and the Bront are brand-new for me.
The middle row is Favorite Soft Models, including the new Giganotosaurus. I'm a little surprised by how big the Giga actually is, not to mention the Arch and the Meg!
The front left-ish corner is a reissued Kaiyodo Capsule Q set. I am once again surprised and impressed by how detailed Kaiyodos are despite their minute size.
The main front row consists of what I THINK are all/mostly Safari ltd Authentics minis from sets II and III; I'm not fully certain some of them aren't knockoffs, though. If they ARE all legit, then I now own the full Authentics dino line, which is very cool.
The other front minis are just assorted chinasaurs and a couple of 3D puzzle toys that were bundled with the Authentics. They're not important; I just included them in the shot for completist's sake. They'll be resold if possible.

BlueKrono

Packages from Brett are the best. It's like six Christmases.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Strepsodus

Yeah, need4swede made those Schleich dinosaurs look like something from Safari or Papo.

I got the PNSO Centrosaurus from Lana Toys on Amazon, and it's about 1:35. It doesn't have a movable jaw, which is good, but it's smaller than I expected at 17 cm.

I won't be getting the Zhuchengtyrannus, as it looks very similar to a Tyrannosaurus, and depending on who you ask, they are the same genus. However, I could be persuaded by a sale.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  What an assortment! My congratulations especially the figures of Favorite are excellent especially the giganotosaurus of Favorite is a beauty, and those miniatures are adorable.

S @Strepsodus  My congratulations for the centrosaurus, I agree with you regarding the jaw, what I regret is that the figures of some of my favorite dinosaurs, among which is the centrosaurus and tsintaosaurus (on the way to my home) are smaller than what one would wish, when such dinosaurs are rare in the toy dinosaur market, with the honorable exception of the paraceratherium (eg IToy or Collecta) my favorite prehistoric animals are not large in size.

need4swede

Thank you all for your kind words! I'm tempted to make a thread of making less-liked figures look good :P
- Swede

Paleona

More of a "re-acquisition" - my Dad recently brought over some of my old toys and I was really happy to find my old Dino Brites! These were really grubby, so I gave them a thorough cleaning a few days ago. The pink ones were particularly grimy, as if the pigment was oozing out of them and forming a sort of scaling... anyway.
They're marked as being manufactured by Panosh, but some googling shows that they were distributed by Happiness Express? I'm still not sure if they're knockoffs of Dino Mites by Panosh, which have the same sculpts, or if Panosh just sold them again as what we have here.

In any case, I have a lot of fondness and nostalgia for these lil neon guys, ugly as they are :') Might take some better photos eventually, showing them all off.

Fembrogon

Those are definitely charming; the details and poses honestly look fairly good. I'd be interested in more photos when you get the chance.

Faelrin

Very happy day. I have more pics and info here:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Some exciting recent additions for me. I gave up on tracking down the Toyway WWD figures awhile back but when the opportunity pops up to get them for a decent price, I still take it. Glad to have that lovely Ophthalmosaurus and the Postosuchus (which was actually my favorite creature from the entire series growing up).

Watchman also came in from Nanmu. Boy is it nice to have a brachiosaurus from them that's in one piece  :P

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on getting your hands on those after all this time. Maybe one of these days I'll hunt for those too. I still think that Postosuchus is beautiful, and of course the Ophthalmosaurus will always be adorable for me too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats for your new adquisitions. I can't say if you are luckier to get the Nanmu standing brachio in ONE piece or to get that absolute beauty that is the Toyway Ophtalmosaurus. Probable one of the prettiest figures of all times. My favourite of WWD were Polacanthus, Postosuchus and Ophthalmosaurus, too.

CityRaptor

Great hauls!

Quote from: Paleona on March 16, 2022, 05:29:23 PM
More of a "re-acquisition" - my Dad recently brought over some of my old toys and I was really happy to find my old Dino Brites! These were really grubby, so I gave them a thorough cleaning a few days ago. The pink ones were particularly grimy, as if the pigment was oozing out of them and forming a sort of scaling... anyway.

Could be the plasticiser oozing out.

Speaking of "re-acquisition" I got one myself. My parents are clearing out some old stuff, including the WAS IST WAS books. ( I already had the ones about Dinosaurs and Fossils at home ) Most of them are going to be sold on ebay in two big packages and if that fails donated to the local thrift store ( or both if one of the packages sells and the other not ). It's not about making money but freeing space, you see. Turns out we got one of the books twice:

Apparently first released in the 60s, this specimen is from 1992 according to the checklist on the back. So totally up to date, right?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: