News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a nice old book avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor the Arsinotherium is particularly unusual.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking excellent acquisitions, particularly the Walking With Dinosaurs Opthalmosaurus, which is a favourite of mine.

And extra nice avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon also I didn't know there still was Invictas in that good condition. I have never seen a Baryonyx that bright and clean. And as for the Iguanodon - That looks brighter than the one I got direct from the museum in the 1990s when I actually got it. (Still remember the brown paper gift bag it was in).

I will be posting mine in a few places, starting with here:

A package from Wild Past (thanks avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector ) and with a helping of DinoZoo, has arrived, and my how gorgeous, that Repenomamus is so tiny. And glad to have the Kaatedocus after missing out on the initial painted version.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Thanks, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx; the Invictas are indeed in great condition. Most of mine have noticeable signs of wear and scuffing; but these three are almost pristine. Someone in Japan was clearly taking good care of them!

Nice haul of your own, too! I assume those are all direct from the Wild Past website shop? I'll have to start seriously thinking about placing an order of my own in the future.

Fembrogon

I recently lost a bid (just barely) on a complete set of Nabisco prehistoric mammals - only for the seller to contact me a little while later that he had a second set to offer!

I now have a complete lineup of Nabisco creatures, dinos & mammals. Sadly, the Alticamelus seems to have broken a leg in transit, so I need to figure out what kind of glue would be best for repair.

Concavenator

Congrats everyone, specially avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin for that epic haul! The wait was worth it, it seems.

In my case, this one is a longly anticipated acquisiton...

Ordered from Amazon and came about a week earlier than expected.

Also got the Eofauna Sauropod encyclopedia and SaurianĀ“s Field Guide, both amazing books and highly recommended.

Fembrogon

Aaaand another one! I finally placed an order for Sede the Ankylosaurus while he was on sale a bit on AliExpress. It feels like so long ago that PNSO started their "medium-range" line; I hadn't pulled the trigger on Sede yet because I already had a couple of Ankylosaurus in my collection (although they're in storage now...)

I'm not sure this is the new revised paint variant - the figure looks like it has that grey, washed-out appearance seen in the second release - but for $18 this is still an impressive figure.

Duna

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon that's a nice catch, a complete Nabisco mammal collection is quite rare, more than the dinosaurs. And that metallic and silver colour suits them perfectly. I bought one myself some months ago and I was quite surprised they were a bit larger that the dinos. I like them a lot, they include a lot of outdated species name and retro depictions. A piece of history.
By the way, I'm quite sure your Sede is the new version, because it doesn't look like the second (it was more "washed"). That was my first PNSO figure and I'd said that is one of best PNSO of all time, along with the Parasaurolophus, Dunkleosteus, Styracosaurus (and Tsintaosaurus).

Shonisaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  My congratulations for the PNSO yutyrannus and for the books. I hope to buy the Spanish version of said sauropod book by Asier Larramendi and RubĆ©n Molina-PĆ©rez.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new acquisition, sincerely that ankylosaurus PNSO is one of the best battleships of this dinosaur species.

Strepsodus

Safari Masiakasaurus and Safari Suchomimus came today.

Here is Masiakasaurus

If anyones wondering here is the vestigial digit on the Masiakasaurus.

And here is Suchomimus

Here is the Suchomimus with my Spinosaurus and Megalosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Nice additions, the masiakasaurus from Safari I think is one of the few dinosaurs of that species that are represented in the toy dinosaur market if not the only one. It's the one that excites me the most of all your recent acquisitions. DC

Safari's suchomimus is quite beautiful but there are other figures of that clade of spinosaurids by Safari that are much better made, such as his great Safari spinosaurus penultimate and last version respectively.

Shonisaurus

My latest acquisition the tsintaosaurus PNSO more images in my collection.

Roselaar

Scored a trio of nifty critters from divergent companies at my regular dino dealer yesterday:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. I really like Papo's juvenile smilodon.

need4swede

That Tsintaosaurus looks great!
Is it larger than PNSO's Parasaurolophus - or about the same size?
- Swede

SRF

Quote from: need4swede on March 24, 2022, 08:53:41 PM

That Tsintaosaurus looks great!
Is it larger than PNSO's Parasaurolophus - or about the same size?

It's much smaller.
But today, I'm just being father

Fembrogon

I found myself buying multiple more lots on eBay recently, the first of which arrived today. Most of these I won't be holding on to, but you may notice one particular figure caught my eye in this group.

Honestly, the Utahraptor it's pretty beaten up - several paint scuffs and chipped claws - but I'm very pleased to now own another classic Battat. This is probably the best scaly raptor toy I've seen, if not one of the best raptor toys period.

triceratops83

And that looks like the old Safari Utahraptor, right next to it, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, the Carnegie Mosasaurus?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

avatar_need4swede @need4swede  It is smaller but its volume more than makes up for its size, it appears larger. It's so cute it puts its PNSO and Collecta mini counterparts to shame when it comes to size and quality. It has very beautiful picture cards illustrated by Zhao Chuang. I recommend it to you.

Fembrogon

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 24, 2022, 10:08:24 PM
And that looks like the old Safari Utahraptor, right next to it, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, the Carnegie Mosasaurus?
Correct on both accounts; however I have both already (the former in storage, the latter acquired more recently), so they will be resold if possible.
The two Safari Authentics on the far right might be keepers, though; I'm trying to build an "authentic" full collection of Authentics, so I need more copies for reference.

Fembrogon

Another eBay box arrived:

I never owned any Larami toys as a kid myself, but I remember friends or family members owning some, so I do retain a touch of nostalgia for them. Obviously these aren't as nice as the Invictas they imitate, but as a complete boxed set I thought this would make a neat item for the collection (and maybe a decent future review piece?). I'll have to tidy it up first, though.

Roselaar

Found my first JW: Dominion toys, right here in my local Dutch store! That I should live to see such glorious days!  :D

Also, a bunch of non Dominion toys made their way to Dutch stores after all. Pretty happy they did, the Shringasaurus is lovely!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: