News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

An outstanding get, Torvo. And version C too... according to Dan's Dinosaurs that one sold out last month, and unlike version A it is not expected to be restocked.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

The March additions, including some long-awaited pre-orders that were well worth the wait!

Sim

I've recently acquired:

1. Wild Safari Cryolophosaurus.  I decided to stop waiting for a good feathered version and got Safari's current one.  I'm happy with it, it's epic!

2. CollectA deluxe Neovenator.  I've decided to replace my Favorite Neovenator with an existing model of this species.  I hadn't noticed it before, but the Favorite Neovenator actually has a beak!  I want to have a Neovenator figure without such a feature, and I find myself quite happy with CollectA's deluxe Neovenator.  Its feet and head are done well.  The only thing I'm not sure about is how big it is.  What I mean is it's a big figure, bigger than I'd like.  But if it's what I have to settle for, I'm okay with it.  I've ordered CollectA's most recent Neovenator, and I'll compare the two and probably settle for just one of them.

3. CollectA Brighstoneus.  It's a well-done little figure.

4. Wild Safari Monolophosaurus.  It's another epic Safari figure!  Its dewclaws were unpainted, which appears to be the case for all units of this figure, so I used a matt black permanent paint marker to colour its dewclaws.  I'm very happy with it now! :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on March 30, 2024, 09:04:52 PMI've recently acquired:

1. Wild Safari Cryolophosaurus.  I decided to stop waiting for a good feathered version and got Safari's current one.  I'm happy with it, it's epic!

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a nice, 1:35-ish, feathered Cryolophosaurus, but truthfully Safari's version is great already. Congrats!

GojiraGuy1954

Pictured, left to right;

Safari LTD Archaeopteryx
PNSO Pachycephalosaurus
PNSO Helicoprion
Safari LTD Camarasaurus
Safari LTD Utahraptor
PNSO Centrosaurus
CollectA Sciurumimus
Haolonggood Megaraptor
PNSO Dakosaurus
Haolonggood Ouranosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Grabbed Safari's 2020 Concavenator. A pity it's been retired, I feel it is underrated.

Also took advantage of AliExpress' Anniversary sale to catch up with some HLGs. About time someone made a good (1:35) Chasmosaurus, and great to have a nice figure of "the 2020 Dilophosaurus", too!

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres That's what the Chasmosaurus box looks like.

SidB

HLG's new Chasmosaurus (green version) has arrived at my door and I think that it deserves a small show of appreciation on my part.

Charmosaurus is as rare, figure-wise as the proverbial chicken's teeth, so I have only one other comparison to compare it with , the very old Royal Ontario Museum one, here shown in two versions. Note the sprawling lizard-style forelimbs of the ROM figures, which really are a logical extension of the classic Marx figures.

A comparison of the root Chasmosaurine with PNSO's root Centrosaurine -

top view

The Chasmo in it's diorama home -

bottom left

Sim

Today I received the following:

1. CollectA 2021 Neovenator.  I'm happy to say I'm impressed by this figure seeing it in person!  All images of it made it look quite poor, but my opinion of it changed once I saw the actual figure.  It replaces in my collection the previous CollectA Neovenator which is inferior, and the Favorite Neovenator.  The CollectA 2021 Neovenator is around 1:35 scale too which is great for me!  Now I would like CollectA to make a new Eotyrannus that's smaller than the BotM one.  Also I don't know why CollectA said their previous Neovenator is 1:40 scale, it's more like 1:20.

2. CollectA Mantellisaurus.  I've been wanting a Mantellisaurus figure for a long time and I finally got past the pose of the CollectA version.  It's a very nice figure, I'm happy to have it!

Torvosaurus

Received these yesterday evening, put them together and here we are! They're all by the Honourable Lead Boiler Suit Company. I now have all their prehistoric marine creatures and added a couple of their dinosaurs. The Mosasaurus is surprisingly accurate, even having the pterygoid teeth present. The rest are a Dunkleosteus, a Chasmosaurus and a couple of Pachycephalosaurus.

Torvo

BlueKrono

I'm so glad HLBSC is still in business. They have such a large variety of marine creatures.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Got a traffic light trio of certopsids from Haolonggood as well! Interestingly, I find that my copy of the Chasmosaurus has particularly dark green body paint, noticeably darker than the shade used on the frill/head. Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the 2024 ceratopsians!

Fembrogon

Some AliExpress goods from the site sale arrived yesterday: box 1 of 2, starring two TNG mammals. I had avoided these for a while with all the controversy surrounding their releases, but you know what? They look really, really good in a way a lot of other toy prehistoric mammals simply haven't to me. I'm glad to have these now.

And a quick photo with some friends:

Flaffy

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 03, 2024, 01:20:38 PMAnd a quick photo with some friends:

The Mammoth and Stegodon are stunners. Well worth the purchase!

The Elasmotherium on the other hand still looks a bit weird to me with his perpetual frown. Again, would love to see Doug's take on this enigmatic unicorn, considering how well the Safari Woolly Rhinoceros turned out.

Concavenator

I must say I'm finding rather gratifying the success HLG's Chasmosaurus seems to be having, I'm seeing people getting it everywhere!  :o

People have been wanting this species done justice for a long while -> The species is finally done justice -> Big success.

This is what happens when you actually listen to your fans' wishes.  :) Bravo V @vampiredesign

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Absolutely! Haolonggood is a prime example of how to foster a good community and I find it amazing how receptive they are to feedback!

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on April 03, 2024, 05:18:53 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on April 03, 2024, 01:20:38 PMAnd a quick photo with some friends:

The Mammoth and Stegodon are stunners. Well worth the purchase!

The Elasmotherium on the other hand still looks a bit weird to me with his perpetual frown. Again, would love to see Doug's take on this enigmatic unicorn, considering how well the Safari Woolly Rhinoceros turned out.
I'm really glad that I got all five of the TNG cenozoic mammals. The stegodon in particular is a fine complement to the Eofauna proboscideans. Like the mammoth too. Good acquisitions on your part.

Fembrogon

Box 2 of 2! This time it's PNSO being featured.

As weird as the "Sinopliosaurus" moniker is, I think this model is really attractive as a generic spinosaur; so I caved and went ahead and got it. I like it a whole lot.
Olorotitan, similarly, may not be the most accurate depiction (I believe people have discussed issues with PNSO's hadrosaurs elsewhere), but it's such an aesthetically appealing model that I don't necessarily care. I feel like this is almost the sort of style many of us have wished Papo was doing.

Odobenocetops

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 04, 2024, 02:40:42 AMBox 2 of 2! This time it's PNSO being featured.

As weird as the "Sinopliosaurus" moniker is, I think this model is really attractive as a generic spinosaur; so I caved and went ahead and got it. I like it a whole lot.
Olorotitan, similarly, may not be the most accurate depiction (I believe people have discussed issues with PNSO's hadrosaurs elsewhere), but it's such an aesthetically appealing model that I don't necessarily care. I feel like this is almost the sort of style many of us have wished Papo was doing.

hi!
Sorry, I'm not a dino expert but I chose the Oloritan as my hadrosaur representative after reading and finding that it was accurate. Could you please detail what's the problem with it?

Fembrogon

I actually don't know what's wrong with it myself, avatar_Odobenocetops @Odobenocetops; I haven't done the research myself. I want to say I saw other members remarking on some proportional and anatomical artistic license, but if anyone can give a more definitive answer, it would be most welcome.

B @Bokisaurus gave the figure a pretty glowing Blog review a few years ago, but didn't elaborate on the scientific details.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

To my knowledge the biggest issue is really just that it's a little shrinkwrapped and lacking musculature. I'm also not entirely sure if it has kitten hands or not.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: