News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 14, 2024, 01:43:01 PMFinally got the Schleich Gastonia after a huge sale, the paint app iiiis a bit sloppy (and I kinda wish they painted all the osteoderms) and of course it should be wider but the pose and sculpt itself are pretty nice. Definitely one of their better offerings.

Possible repaint candidate. Picked up one myself.

Roselaar

Quote from: Carnoking on March 12, 2024, 09:21:11 PMSay... those AC figures look a tad familiar...

Did you sell them to me via eBay? If so, thanks for all your kind assistance! :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 12, 2024, 03:25:12 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 11, 2024, 11:00:37 PMI haven't seen that AAA Dimetrodon! They were really the peak of animal figures when I was a kid. Good to see photos from you! More to come?

Probably not many. I still can't upload pics directly to the site, so its still mildly tedious.

While I don't share your specific discontent with the image procedure on the forum, I definitely relate to having a quixotic gripe with a forum feature. For me it's the 'like' button, I hate it so much.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 17, 2024, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 12, 2024, 03:25:12 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 11, 2024, 11:00:37 PMI haven't seen that AAA Dimetrodon! They were really the peak of animal figures when I was a kid. Good to see photos from you! More to come?

Probably not many. I still can't upload pics directly to the site, so its still mildly tedious.

While I don't share your specific discontent with the image procedure on the forum, I definitely relate to having a quixotic gripe with a forum feature. For me it's the 'like' button, I hate it so much.

I often catch myself hitting it instead of answering with a text. Makes me lazy to a certain extend.
Anyway, back to topic:

Great new stuff, everyone! I found  the old Safari Carnegie Collection Smilodon on a flea market. Along with two Tyco Dino Riders Placerias and one Tyco Dino Riders Dimetrodon. Paid 10 Euro for them all :)

JimoAi

Haul time

A bunch of safari ltd sea animals. Am shifting my collection I to a smaller scale. The lineup I have gotten is the Safari ltd Manta, Toob sawfish which I'm using as Pristis clavata and a K/O of the toon Bottlenose dolphin which I may eventually get the toob

For this and my next haul, it would be my last prehistorics for a long time as I have grown tired of having to constantly replace figures. Here I have gotten the Safari ltd liopleurodon, which is a childhood favourite, the Kaiyodo Icthyosaurus, which I'm using as a smaller species in the genus and the Favorite Ankylosaurus which is q crudely painted on my copy and I noticed the feet looks quite odd (see next picture)

Lastly, some SpongeBob merch. The Super7 ultimates wave 2 finally shipped after waiting since September 2022 and they're basically 1:1 copies of the characters from the show. Some other items I've obtain includes a Youtooz Sandy, Miku Squidward, hopes and dreams grave and the tiki house.

Retrosaurus

A few more mail arrivals. A second original run Carnegie Triceratops, Kleinwelka Anatosaurus, and the Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus which looks very at home with the Invicta figures.

triceratops83

Quote from: Retrosaurus on March 20, 2024, 06:31:47 AMA few more mail arrivals. A second original run Carnegie Triceratops, Kleinwelka Anatosaurus, and the Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus which looks very at home with the Invicta figures.

You did really well to get a hold of the Kleinwelka and Basel figures. I long since gave up trying to find them.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Retrosaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 20, 2024, 06:38:22 AM
Quote from: Retrosaurus on March 20, 2024, 06:31:47 AMA few more mail arrivals. A second original run Carnegie Triceratops, Kleinwelka Anatosaurus, and the Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus which looks very at home with the Invicta figures.

You did really well to get a hold of the Kleinwelka and Basel figures. I long since gave up trying to find them.

I've just been on a bit of a lucky streak lately. I've got some more Kleinwelka on the way, some of which I'll be putting up for trade so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks  :))

DinoFan2010

still don't know how to post pics, but my parents went to Chattanooga last weekend, and brought back some neat dinos from a 2nd and Charles-type bookstore. They are:
 Dino Escape Dracorex
 Dino Escape/Camp Cretaceous Velociraptor (Dark Blue and Yellow)
 Dino Rivals Protoceratops
 Dino Escape/Camp Cretaceous Monolophosaurus (Brown)
 Velociraptor "Blue", not sure which line it's from
 Hasbro Jurassic Park 3 Re-ak A-tak Tyrannosaurus (small)
 AAA Baby "Allosaurus"
☄

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Sim

So... I received some Vitae figures...

First is the Sinraptor.  I ordered the regular version but was sent the "cheap" version.  And you know what?  I love it!  The wrinkly skin looks better on the cheap version as there isn't a dark wash which makes it look more extreme.  I'm very happy with this Sinraptor, it was lucky I was sent the cheap one, I wouldn't have given it a chance otherwise.  I have had the regular Vitae Sinraptor in the past, so now having experienced both I know for sure the cheap version is the one for me.  I'm also happy to have a Sinraptor dongi figure, I've always found it an intriguing species.

Second is the Jinyunpelta.  It arrived intact!  The one I've received is the regular version, whch is the one I ordered.  I'm happy with it. :)

For both I used a permanent glossy black paint marker to touch up their eyes.  I'm satisfied with both now! :)

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim When you mentioned you once received a broken Jinyunpelta, I was pretty sure it was an outlier, as other people's copies were fine (mine was, too). Glad your Jinyunpelta is fine this time around!

Sim

I've received the green Haolonggood Chasmosaurus!  I'm very happy with it, finally I have a Chasmosaurus! ^-^

Concavenator

Recently got my first resin models. Not my collecting's main interest, but I can make an exception here and there. Very impressed with these two!

Megaloceros courtesy of avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy and Tlatolophus courtesy of A @Ancestor models

More pics of these in my collection's thread.

Primeval12

This Monolophosaurus isn't that bad... It's also 1:43-1:45 scale which is quite cool. I didn't realize how small Monolophosaurus was until I got this figure!

Roselaar

Finally got my hand on this little beastie, that's the Dino Rivals line at last complete for me:

Faelrin

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar Congrats on tracking that one down. Was one of my favorites in the line early on. The neck articulation is up there with the BD Blue. I got mine (along with the rest of that wave) from my friend in Germany back in the day. Wild how many years it has been since then.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Really need to post here more often. Currently hauls are very Jurassic centric...

Megalosaurus was ordered on the 200th Anniversary. The only mainline in this haul.

I spared no expense ( well, some expense since the figures were on sale ) and got more Hammond Collection figures

Ray Arnold was a suprise find since the store was out of him according to their website...

Sarah! Legacy Collection Sarah Harding!

The last one in store.....

Micro Collection

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Primeval12 on March 25, 2024, 03:51:07 AMThis Monolophosaurus isn't that bad... It's also 1:43-1:45 scale which is quite cool. I didn't realize how small Monolophosaurus was until I got this figure!

[picture snip]

It's very nice for a little egg toy! I would like to see them make a Microceratus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Got in a couple of orders from Happy Hen this past month, which included my first Haolonggood figures! The little Kosmoceratops is really charming.

Check out my customs thread!

Torvosaurus

Yesterday I received my Haolonggood Alamosaurus.  I generally go for smaller models, so I expected it to be big, but it is really massive.

I'm 5-10 and have some pretty good-sized hands, just to give you an idea of how big it is. So it's 3rd in line of my current reviews. It's going to be strange reviewing an actual realistic dinosaur instead of the ones that were made for gaming, which tend to be far less accurate and made for what people think a dinosaur should look like.

Torvo

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: