News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Only one recent addition as far as prehistoric animals go: Kenner JP Lycaenops
I am the Dinosaur King!

Concavenator

avatar_Odobenocetops @Odobenocetops avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Other than missing the bulky neck as proposed by Bertozzo et al. 2021 (which alluded to Parasaurolophus walkeri, but by phylogenetic bracketing it would make sense for a similar condition being present in related taxa) and possessing cheeks (which would contradict Nabavizadeh 2020), I'm not sure there's anything else wrong with PNSO's Olorotitan.

Sim

My understanding is muscular cheeks have been ruled out, but non-muscular cheeks are still possible.  Also, Olorotitan has a proportionally longer neck than other hadrosaurids so it having a less thick neck too seems possible to me.

JimoAi

Latest haul time:

Eikoh Baby seal

Kaiyodo dimetrodon

Kaiyodo Eryops

Colorata male green turtle

collectA Mosasaurus (prolly mosasaurus lemonnieri)

Eofauna Tyrannosaurus

Sim

I've acquired the CollectA Thalassomedon!  I had previously not wanted it because the wrinkles on its body looked deeper than they actually are.  I gave it a chance and I'm now very, very happy with it!  It's great! ^-^

SidB

This times it's a PNSO from ED, their wonderful new Zabad the Edmontosaurus -

Zabad, @ approximately 1/35, is at the upper size of the range for this genus. Here's a comparison with the fine efforts of Safar and CollectA. Other than its size, note the surpassing fineness of detail and anatomy on PNSO's figure.

top view

Zabad's home within my hadrosaur diorama -

Flaffy

Will likely be placing my order for the PNSO Edmontosaurus and Alamosaurus soon too! A much more refined figure compared to the other two.

Blackdanter

An AliExpressosaur, a very good quality knock-off. Does anyone know what figure this is actually copied from? Thanks.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blackdanter on April 06, 2024, 10:50:45 AMAn AliExpressosaur, a very good quality knock-off. Does anyone know what figure this is actually copied from? Thanks.

It's HAOLONGGOOD's Dicraeosaurus, unfortunately. And I wouldn't call it a knock-off. It's rather a bootleg.

Blackdanter

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 06, 2024, 11:02:30 AM
Quote from: Blackdanter on April 06, 2024, 10:50:45 AMAn AliExpressosaur, a very good quality knock-off. Does anyone know what figure this is actually copied from? Thanks.

It's HAOLONGGOOD's Dicraeosaurus, unfortunately. And I wouldn't call it a knock-off. It's rather a bootleg.

Ah, indeed it would be. That's pretty cut throat then. I nearly bought the Haolonggood version a while back.

Sim

I gave the CollectA 2023 Mosasaurus and Ceratosuchops another chance.

Mosasaurus: The articulated jaw was loose on the copy I received, but its lower jaw teeth fit behind the upper jaw teeth, resolving the problem I had with the original copy I obtained (the teeth interlocking).  So I'm keeping this figure.  It's a satisfying figure that does justice to Mosasaurus!
I read there is a juvenile Mosasaurus hoffmannii specimen that had its skull shattered by a Tylosaurus attack!  It's shocking, but I'm happy to have a good figure of both genera now (my Tylosaurus is PNSO's).

Ceratosuchops: This one didn't have a loose articulated jaw, in contrast to the first copy of it I received.  I wish its teeth were more accurate, but I'm happy with it still so I'm keeping it too.

Brontozaurus

I recently went to Taiwan and Japan, and along the way I picked up a few additions to my collection.

Yamasan Fukuivenator & Kamuysaurus.
TakaraTomy Futabasaurus, Fukuiraptor, Fukuivenator & Fukuisaurus, the latter three including their Fukui Prefecture Dinosaur Museum exclusive colours on the right (though I didn't find the regular Fukuisaurus) and the exclusive Tyrannosaurus based on the museum's animatronic.
Qualia gacha toy Tyrannosaurus and "Spinosauridae" (intended to represent teeth found in the Kitadani Formation).
Baby mammoths from another gacha machine, though I didn't keep the leaflet and Google isn't helping me find their maker.

I also picked up some dinosaur-adjacent stuff including some fossil Pokemon toys, but this is the dinosaur toy forum and not the Pokemon toy forum.  ;)
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Faelrin

avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus Those baby mammoths are from one of those Takara Tomy ARTS Gacha sets I'm pretty sure.

Congrats on the haul though, especially all the museum releases.

Feel free to post your Pokemon additions in the other toys acquisitions thread. I'm sure there are folks here that would like to see them (other then me).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

shahinos

After a ten months long hiatus I received today three Haolonggood models: Chasmosaurus, Edmontonia and Ampelosaurus. Waiting for their Edmontosaurus as well.

The Chasmo is so tiny! Even smaller than Collectas ceratopsians. But all of them fantastic models.

Sim

I now have the CollectA Attenborosaurus.  I'm happy to have it, it's a really well-done figure of a very interesting plesiosaurian!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 09, 2024, 12:30:15 PMI recently went to Taiwan and Japan, and along the way I picked up a few additions to my collection.

Yamasan Fukuivenator & Kamuysaurus.
TakaraTomy Futabasaurus, Fukuiraptor, Fukuivenator & Fukuisaurus, the latter three including their Fukui Prefecture Dinosaur Museum exclusive colours on the right (though I didn't find the regular Fukuisaurus) and the exclusive Tyrannosaurus based on the museum's animatronic.
Qualia gacha toy Tyrannosaurus and "Spinosauridae" (intended to represent teeth found in the Kitadani Formation).
Baby mammoths from another gacha machine, though I didn't keep the leaflet and Google isn't helping me find their maker.

I also picked up some dinosaur-adjacent stuff including some fossil Pokemon toys, but this is the dinosaur toy forum and not the Pokemon toy forum.  ;)

That's a cool assortment, hope you enjoyed the trip! I'd been wondering about the Qualia spinosaurid; this confirms it's a bit small for my personal preference, but it's a very nice-looking figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Got a nice haul of smaller JW figures, thanks to my sister keeping a watchful eye out in her local toy store. I've seen none of these in the Netherlands before so far, so this was a very nice surprise!

Halichoeres

All the Guaibasaurus here in the States seem to be in the hand of re-sellers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Leyster

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres well, to be fair we have little idea of how big was it, apart for a few teeth. The model is ok for a specimen of about five to seven meters in 1:40.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Faelrin

L @Leyster Guaibasaurus has substantial skeletal remains, from several specimens, but one in particular was the best preserved, UFRGS PV0725T. It mostly just lacks the neck and skull. Here is a skeletal reconstruction on the wikipedia page on it:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: