News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I've been preoccupied from the forum lately, but I've kept busy with my collecting all the same; so here are some belated haul images:

A visit to Hobby Lobby resulted in me picking up this Mojo Fun bunch; they were much cheaper than I expected! The dinos - Allosaurus 2.0, Triceratops 2.0, and Troodon - aren't too shabby, but the gator and the Tasmanian Devil are the highlights in my opinion.

A seller on eBay had a bunch of these WWD sets listed and sent me some offers, so I bit. I ended up coming back and buying more later, so I'll come back to update when I've got photos uploaded. *Updated with second batch*
Apart from some annoying stability issues, these are pretty neat, especially the rarer species like Parksosaurus!

A couple of Invicta original(?) posters sold for a steal. I may have to consider mounting one of these in the future, they're so pretty.

And then... There's this.....

I'm honestly a little dumbfounded. I somehow won this beauty on an eBay auction for less than $50. Without a doubt this is one of the most exciting items I've acquired in a while. Scratch one grail off the list!!

SidB

Congratulations, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , on snaring that Carnegie, and for that price too!

Pliosaurking

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, congratulations on getting that gorgeous Diplodocus for an absolute steal!

Ludodactylus

That's a spectacular catch avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon ! Congrats!
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Carnoking

A belated May acquisition, this chubby little guy arrived last Friday, his box looking like it had been sat on by a Wuerhosaurus!

Fembrogon

It looks great, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking! Those bright blue/pink plates do wonders for the color scheme.

Sim

I've acquired:

1. Wild Safari Psittacosaurus.  I'm very impressed by this figure.  It's smaller than I expected, which is a good thing and its sculpting is just so good!  avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson is a master sculptor!

2. PNSO Lufengosaurus.  Finally a prosauropod!  It's beautiful!

3. Wild Safari Concavenator.  I decided that it's possible Concavenator was featherless, so I decided to get this figure of a peculiar allosauroid.  It's the paintjob that isn't great, in my opinion.  There's a smooth section on the underside of its tail which I think can work as being the rectangular scales preserved in that part of the body of the Concavenator holotype with the scales just being too small to see.  I've decided to keep this figure and I hope I'll grow to like it more, the application of its paintjob is the only thing I don't like about it.

Roselaar

A few new Mattel hauls:

Halichoeres

Congrats, everyone! Folks have been busy...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Turkeysaurus

I have ordered bunch of Veronese Cold Cast Bronze Coated Dinosaur Figures:

BrontoScorpio

WOW, that's a really big acquisition you made.

I came across this line years ago - and ordered one - The Dilophosaurus - 
I'll hope you'll have better luck than me -
but I'm sure you would - mine was loose with no box.

My favorites are the Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, Stegosaurus & Iguanodon.

I don't have place for them now in my collection - and anyway they are too big and overwhelming for my current taste -
but they sure are impressive -
give us some photoes once they arrive.

Congrats.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 10, 2024, 06:55:12 AMWOW, that's a really big acquisition you made.

I came across this line years ago - and ordered one - The Dilophosaurus -

My favorites are the Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, Stegosaurus & Iguanodon.

I don't have place for them now in my collection - and anyway they are too big and overwhelming for my current taste -
but they sure are impressive -
give us some photoes once they arrive.

Congrats.

Thank you. It wasn't something i look for but I found it at good price in a second hand site in my country. All of them cost me around 85 dollars including delivery. That's more or less one museum line PNSO price if i order from aliexpress.  I like their  vintage & bronze look.  They look like art pieces even for non fans.

I don't think they will arrive safely though.. Seller had a bad review because  sent another piece without a box. I wrote my concern and she said she'll try her best. We'll see.. i better check if i have any super glue, lol.

I googled : "Cold-Casting" is a term used to describe the process of mixing metal powder with a resin to create castings that give the appearance of solid metal." Probably seller think it's solid metal all the way so they don't care much it safety.  I'll post the photos.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 10, 2024, 06:55:12 AMThe Dilophosaurus -
Sorry to hear that. I don't understand how sellers can be so unthoughtful. I don't have much hope for mine too to be honest. I'll update in a few days.

Turkeysaurus

Unfortunately my dinosaurs have broken pieces as well. Hopefully super glue can fix some of them.

Roselaar

New haul of various Mattel figures!:

Primeval12

I got a fun little factory defect at Barnes and Noble today.

In case you couldn't tell, this little fella is missing his eyes! It was on sale so I had to get it :D

Faelrin

avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 That's quite the funny one. Is it also bad that I thought its nostrils were its eyes at first, lol?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 10, 2024, 06:55:12 AMgive us some photos once they arrive.

Congrats.

Turkeysaurus

I fixed broken pieces with superglue. Not perfect but good enough.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: