News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elengassen

Quote from: Carnoking on May 09, 2024, 08:04:56 PMThey look right home alongside those PNSO figures. The Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus look great with those lips!

Agreed! Too bad lip customizations aren't within my budget or I would buy these. Perhaps Haolonggood will make a lipped Albertosaurus/Gorgosaurus someday? Hopefully their tyrannosaurs will have improved by then.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Concavenator

avatar_Elengassen @Elengassen I would gladly take a new Gorgosaurus, but Safari's Albertosaurus is as good as it gets in my opinion. And it's lipped too.

Elengassen

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2024, 04:33:57 PMavatar_Elengassen @Elengassen I would gladly take a new Gorgosaurus, but Safari's Albertosaurus is as good as it gets in my opinion. And it's lipped too.

I do like the Safari's sculpt, just not the colour scheme. If nobody else comes out with a good one, I might get one someday and put my repainting skills to the test  O:-)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on May 08, 2024, 01:07:16 AMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Well I wasn't sure it would too much of an exciting haul to see for folks here. I am excited to have the baby Stegosaurus in hand. Really cute, and better then I thought it was initially (more thoughts on that in the 2024 thread). Having a JPIII Grant (and raptor) is great, after missing out on the 2019 version. Just need the Corythosaurus (and hopefully a HC Spinosaurus).

And yes, he's already getting a fair amount of use of it, as is Bob, on of our 2 female cats (other then my baby girl Spaz), and our second oldest cat:

Just don't close up the box and send it to Amazon, like somebody recently did! https://www.nbcnews.com/news/animal-news/utah-cat-found-amazon-warehouse-week-sneaking-return-box-rcna149695
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Wow that's wild. Glad that cat survived and was reunited with her family, especially being a support animal. I can understand what they went through even if it was a different situation entirely. An important lesson learned.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

The lesson: cats love boxes  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DefinitelyNOTDilo

This is gonna be my biggest acquisitions post yet so here goes!
First up we've got a couple of guys I ordered a while ago and received about 2 weeks or so ago, starting with Therizinosaurus!

Spoiler
Here we've got some closeups!

And a comparison with my other Nemegt species! (With HLG's Tianzhenosaurus standing in as Saichania which it might be synonymous with.)
[close]

And of course the gorgeous new Lufengosaurus!

Spoiler
And of course the closeups.

And a comparison with my other Chinese herbivore, Sinoceratops!
[close]

And this massive guy I received for my B-Day last Monday, HLG's incredible Apatosaurus!

Spoiler
The closeups of course.

And a comparison with my other Morrison species.

And my other sauropodomorphs!
[close]

And of course all of them together!

Gonna repost this with more in depth thoughts in my collection thread later!

PrimevalRaptor

After an eternity I finally got another Kaiyodo figure thanks to a free shipping campaign on a store, always extremely amazed by the amount of detail on those tiny sculpts, they even painted the claws!
The wrist orientation is a bit outdated but otherwise absolutely stunning, glad to finally have a more updated model of my favorite pterosaur alongside Hatzegopteryx :D

Ludodactylus

It's my birthday today, and my wife got me a few figures off my wishlist:

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Roselaar

A few more Mattel acquisitions:

Mellow Stego

This chunky boi came in today.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Mellow Stego

And these little dudes
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Sim

I received the two Haolonggood Gastonia versions! ^-^  I'm only keeping one though, and it's not the one I was expecting to prefer.  It's the yellow version.  It's SO good!  I have the yellow Haolonggood Scolosaurus too, but I'm fine with having both figures.  The green Gastonia just doesn't appeal to me, to my surprise.  I'll put it for sale.  I'm content with the outcome, if I only keep one Gastonia I'll have more room for other figures than if I kept both.

Faelrin

Here's the birthday boy's haul (featuring Bob who approves):

Got all these at Walmart shockingly. I was planning to stop at Target but it was getting late and I wanted to get home for dinner (burgers my mom made). Some close up pics. Was shocked Walmart had the Kaprosuchus wave. I mean the Jurassic section was pretty sparse honestly. Only two of those, one Guaibasaurus, and a couple of Toujiangosaurus, which all seemed to have loose arms (unless part of the action feature not sure). I would like to get that stegosaur, but not sure those were in good condition, so passed on them. Oh and there was another Eoraptor vs Stegouros and Avaceratops there. Maybe a Poposaurus as well.

I picked the Pokemon set up only because it caught my eye while passing a shelf and it had my childhood favorite fossil 'mon Omanyte. I like Lucario too, but former is certainly a bit more forum appropriate.  :))  Another set I saw had Metang with Kabuto. Might go back for it another day.

They were also loaded with Godzilla figures from the new film (except the set with Doug. Still need to find it). Only a couple of Shimo, and figured I would pick one up to tide me over until the Hiya Toys one releases (which I have pre-ordered).

Last thing to catch my eye as I was leaving was this Altered Beast Werewolf figure. One of my favorite Genesis games growing up. Played quite a bit of it with my brother in the co-op mode as a kid. First time I found out about this figure, or this series. It's from Jakks Pacific who made quite a bit of Nintendo figures back in the day. Kind of want to go back for another for one to have onr loos, and another in box. It also comes with one of those "power up" floaty balls. I ought to get my hands on the Killer Instinct Sabrewulf figure someday to go with this one (even if it is based on the Xbox redesign and not the og design), as it is another one of my childhood favorite video game werewolf.

BlueKrono

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Happy birthday! 🥳

I'd be interested in seeing a size comparison of that werewolf.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Aside from my Neca American Werewolf, anything else you'd like me to compare it to (Jurassic, PNSO, Safari, etc)?

Concavenator

Prehistory Resurrection

Happy Birthday avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin ! Nice Haul! Even Bob seems to say the same thing. Wish you all the best that life has to offer.

Carnoking

My modest May haul, featuring the HAOLONGGOOD Edmontosaurus, Euoplocephalus, PNSO Mandschurosaurus, and Mattel infant Apatosaurus.

I would actually be pretty proud of myself for this past month if this was the full story, but I would be lying if I said my dinosaur related expenses didn't also include a couple of pre-orders, two figures still enroute, as well as a few paleo books and museum apparel. I'll be the first to admit that I have a problem.

Oh well, more photos as always in their respective threads.

Elengassen

Just got these in today – thanks avatar_Sim @Sim ! These are all amazing figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: