News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

'Grats on grabbing that plesio
I actually had the urge to grab it just 'cause of the rarity... I don't really have an aquatic themed collection.

Well, do send a brother a note if you spot a Quetz...

Roselaar

New trio of lovely Mattelsaurs:

tanystropheus

I just picked up the Jurassic World Brachiosaurus from Target for $49.99.  The street date is today Sunday, Oct 6 for U.S Targets I didn't see any on the shelves but the guy was kind enough to get one for me from stock. The box is a lot smaller than what I anticipated as there is some assembly involved.

I'm debating whether I should post pics. I have a feeling everyone will have one by the end of the week/month!

Mellow Stego

. Really loving this company that puts out these amazing plushies.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

No Brachiosaurus here yet, but these two also make me rather happy:

PhilSauria

NIce. We've had the concavenator over here, both paint jobs, now if only I could find one of those elusive Plesiosaurs!!

Didn't have any more on the shelf where you shopped did they?

Kotori_Sonoda

Well I got the Dino Rivals Dilophosaurus today!

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Piltdown 龍

At Paragon in Singapore looking for dinosaur toys  :-[  >:D Sadly the TRU didn't carry a single one of the JW dinos I was looking for  :'(  Philippine TRUs have more stock, shocking as the concept seems. (And the staff was far more clueless than their Philippine counterparts  ::) ). I did get the original Sinoceratops  [sic] to console myself. I'm like a kid that way. Fortunately there is a store that sells Papos so I loaded up  ;D Pic soon...
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 13, 2019, 09:46:49 AM
At Paragon in Singapore looking for dinosaur toys  :-[  >:D Sadly the TRU didn't carry a single one of the JW dinos I was looking for  :'(  Philippine TRUs have more stock, shocking as the concept seems. (And the staff was far more clueless than their Philippine counterparts  ::) ). I did get the original Sinoceratops  [sic] to console myself. I'm like a kid that way. Fortunately there is a store that sells Papos so I loaded up  ;D Pic soon...

Lol same. Sometimes if you went this far into the hunt and don't see any of your targets, well you don't want  to come home empty handed and have nothing to show for it.

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Roselaar

Found two more new JW figures in local stores. Oh, that I should live to see these stocked in my own country!

Halzk

Quote from: Roselaar on October 13, 2019, 04:18:36 PM
Found two more new JW figures in local stores. Oh, that I should live to see these stocked in my own country!

Nice finds! I've also found a Nasuto at a local store just yesterday.

Halzk

The Nasuto is from a local store (I was really surprised because they usually don't have a lot of JW stuff) The Alberto is from Amazon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 06, 2019, 06:50:28 AM
Savage Strike Plesiosaurus!

Toys R Us still exists. I am so confused! I thought there were plans to revive Toys R Us some time in the near future?

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 14, 2019, 01:46:51 AMToys R Us still exists. I am so confused! I thought there were plans to revive Toys R Us some time in the near future?
The US branch went bankrupt (unsure if that meant all the stores were shut down or not), but the TRU in Canada and Japan are still going strong.

ITdactyl

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 14, 2019, 01:46:51 AM
Toys R Us still exists. I am so confused! I thought there were plans to revive Toys R Us some time in the near future?

As stargatedalek said, the international franchises are operating as separate entities and doing well (relatively speaking).  On the brighter side of things, apparently the parent company has "emerged from bankruptcy" January of this year and announced this month (October) that new physical stores will be opened in the US soon.

Sorry to deviate from the main topic, but glad that story ended with good news.

tanystropheus

Thank you everyone for the clarification. It's great to see the store returning in the near future :)

Piltdown 龍

Papo Running T rex brown; ceratosaurus; compsognathus; dilophosaurus; carnotaurus. Nothing unusual, but they still filled up my small suitcase, I had to dump some of my clothes  ;D

And the JW sinoceratops is in my handcarried luggage.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Libraraptor

I thought it was time for a Bullyland Lambeosaurus. Got it for half the price on ebay.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: