News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotori_Sonoda

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

CityRaptor

Ah, the leader and the logo of the Dinosaur Protection group.
Alternate: A couple of Claires.
An of course it can be seen a hommage to the Sarah Harding figure from the TLW line, who was also a red headed lady packaged with a Stegosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 20, 2019, 08:55:18 AM
Ah, the leader and the logo of the Dinosaur Protection group.
Alternate: A couple of Claires.
An of course it can be seen a hommage to the Sarah Harding figure from the TLW line, who was also a red headed lady packaged with a Stegosaurus.

Huh so that animatronic Stego is named Claire! That's... really cute.

Also I just opened her up and wow her hips are really loose. She can stand no problem but forget about action-y poses.
Good thing I already have the Gyrosphere version.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Libraraptor

Could not resist this whatever saurus from China today. Took a picture for the diorama contest but now it is too late,  lol!

Killekor

Today I received my first order from Everything Dinosaur, and I'm REALLY satisfied of it!
I'll certainly order models from that shop again!
The figures that I've ordered are wonderful! I'll talk about them in my collection thread.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

PrimevalRaptor

Found the Bullyland Therizinosaurus in a TK Maxx for like 6 bucks and decided to finally pick this guy up.

Of course it has some flaws like the proportions and the 5th claw on the feet but I really like this guy, has a lot of character and a neat pose, though the Safari Great Dinosaurs Therizinosaurus is still my favorite.

It certainly fares much better than the other German Therizinosaurus, as much as I like the character of that guy. :P

Faelrin

So I had quite the haul come in yesterday from two different places. First off, is the Battle Damage Herrerasaurus, Monolophosaurus, and Proceratosaurus, and Savage Strike Plesiosaurus from my friend in Germany.

The rest are from two ebay lots (from the same seller), which is being split up between two other folks over on instagram. For the ones that I claimed (with no objections), it's a good mix of mostly Carnegie Collection figures (with some certainly older then me), but some older Safari Ltd, the Mojo Smilodon, a mystery Mammoth (not sure if that's like an Invicta or something else) some older Schleich, and perhaps the most exciting for me personally (and was why I got involved in this to begin with), is the Toyway Walking with Dinosaurs Allosaurus. Obtaining that figure for me personally is a dream come true, as I certainly did grow up watching Walking with Dinosaurs as a child, and particularly the Big Al special over and over again. In fact the WWD (and Big Al) Allosaurus became one of my all time favorite dinosaurs back then (fueled further after my dad showed me the Gwangi movie, even though it was an older depiction).

And if the other folks over on instagram are not interested in claiming these, then I will gladly keep them:

Here are the two lots (those circled in green were the figures I wanted to claim), for anyone curious as to what is left (that if the other folks on instagram don't want, I'll keep them, unless anyone here is particularly after anything unclaimed, but well that will have to wait):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Some great stuff, everyone! avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor that reminds me of some of the "Made in China" Scelidosaurus figures that you find at discount stores. avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin that's a huge lot! Good luck offloading the extras :)

Me, I'd spent a while living in a smaller city, and I'd really missed having lots of great bookstores around. Picked these up on the walk home from dinner last night. I'm very happy to be back in Chicago!

(Despite the outdated theropods on the cover of the early mammals book, it's rich with good information on Mesozoic synapsids.)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archosauria

I've unfortunately been pretty inactive on this forum for several months (mostly due to college-related matters), but in that time I've managed to get my hands on numerous new figures, some of which I've wanted since I was a child.

I can't post any pictures at the moment as I currently don't have my phone on me, but here's a list of the figures I've bought over the past eight months or so:

-Carnegie Plateosaurus
-Carnegie Dilophosaurus pair
-Carnegie Deltadromeus
-Carnegie Corythosaurus
-Original Carnegie Tyrannosaurus
-Original Carnegie Allosaurus
-Safari Ltd Dunkleosteus
-Safari Ltd Megalodon
-2019 Safari Ltd Triceratops
-2008(?) Safari Ltd Stegosaurus
-JW:FK Metriacanthosaurus, Pteranodon, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Ankylosaurus
-JW:FK Parasaurolophus
-JW:FK Battle Damage Blue, Herrerasaurus, Triceratops, and Pteranodon
-JW:FK Mosasaurus
-JW:FK Rhamphorhynchus, Dracorex, Protoceratops, and Delta
-Battat Terra Euoplocephalus, Stegosaurus, and Pachyrhinosaurus (I now have a complete collection!)
-Vitae Zhejiangosaurus, Zhejiangopterus, Wuerhosaurus, Sinraptor, and Chilantaisaurus
-And lastly, the holy grail of my collection, the Carnegie Camarasaurus!

I'll post pictures tomorrow :D
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2019, 12:31:42 AM

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: I've always been wondering what the Hadrosaurs book looks like from the inside.
  Could you tell a bit about its design and illustrations?

Halichoeres

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian it's a collection of new (well, at the time) studies as well as some reviews of existing knowledge. More of a reference than an art book, although a conscientious artist could make very good use of it.

Table of contents:

[/url]

The illustrations are mostly osteological:

(Hypacrosaurus) skull

(Hypselospinus) dorsal vertebra

(skeletal diagram of an unnamed specimen)

There is this lovely illustration on the title pages:

And this one on the chapter headings:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dinoguy2

Just got a triple threat... Already had the Carnegie Acro but it was a good price for the Albertosaurus and WS Acro alone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4E_Ef5FcNg/?igshid=1vk9umbwbyd22
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Roselaar

Got in on the JW Legacy story pack craze and got me these:

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Piltdown 龍

I must say I have never encountered a more expensive and troublesome dinosaur purchase as this one. This is the first time I have met a dino that got separated from its shipping waybill  :o And to think the object of all the fuss is not even a Tyrannosaurus, it's just a Spinosaurus  :-[  >:D 

By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Halichoeres

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Upon removing the dust jacket I found one other aspect of the design of this book that might appeal to you: The boards of the binding are embossed with a really nice scaly design. I can't find any reference to it in the book itself, but to me it looks a little like some impressions of Saurolophus.

Syndicate Bias

Carcharodontosaurus Skull I ordered a while back just came through the post today  ^-^

Now all I need is a Mapu and Giganotosaurus

Ikessauro

Quite nice skull, is it 3D printed? Looks quite neat, do you mind telling who makes it?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 30, 2019, 09:42:01 PM
Quite nice skull, is it 3D printed? Looks quite neat, do you mind telling who makes it?

Thanks I believe so. I got it from Vuwuvuv or however it goes   :P

Not sure if he has any more of these since this was his only one just like the Giganotosaurus skull he sold a while back. He's currently working on a Suchomimus Skull though. It was 80 USD roughly so definitely not the cheapest price for it's size but it's beautiful

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 29, 2019, 11:14:50 PM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Upon removing the dust jacket I found one other aspect of the design of this book that might appeal to you: The boards of the binding are embossed with a really nice scaly design. I can't find any reference to it in the book itself, but to me it looks a little like some impressions of Saurolophus.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: That is very nice! Thank you for the photos and the insight.
  Unfortunately I still don't get any e-mail notifications, so I have spotted your pictures a bit late.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: