News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2019

Started by Kayakasaurus, July 31, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I also hope we get some more obscure prehistoric mammals this year. Sivatherium, Megaloceros, or any other ungulate would certainly be nice.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Megaloceros is another one I'd love to see for my Pleistocene (and Skyrim in a way) mammal collection. The only I'm aware of is the retired Bullyland one.

I'm also hoping for a new Stegosaurus this year too. In any case I'm sure I'll be impressed with what else is in store next, since 2019's releases are clearly off to a great start with a fabulously accurate Carnotaurus and a woolly rhino.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Well this is cool! I was not expecting official reveals this early in the year. Utilizing social media this way is a pretty neat idea, too.

I haven't really been craving another Carnotaurus, between my Battat and my Mattel, but this one looks lovely and I'm sure I'll get it.
That wooly rhinoceros looks really good too; I could use some more mammals in my collection!

I'm excited now to see where the next surprise will drop.

Lizerd

If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Shonisaurus

My dream is for Safari to make another tyrannosaurid different from tyrannosaurus rex, for example tarbosaurus (tyrannosaurus bataar).

I would like Safari to make a paraceratherium is a very rare figure in the toy market and frankly is one of my favorite figures.

As for the carnotaurus, it was a necessary figure on the part of Safari, as will be the styracosaurus, stegosaurus, ceratosaurus and utahraptor that would be reissues of their figures of the 90s.

Although I would like dinosaurs and prehistoric animals obscure such as megaloceros, sivatherium, chasmosaurus, protoceratops (a figure is required by that company).

On the other hand the woolly rhinoceros (coelodonta antiquitatis) I see in the hand of Doug Watson and I do not know if it is another creation of the magnificent carnotaurus.

Sincerely this has been a gift that they have published in advance news of 2019. We thank those data filtered by Spinodude with the authorization of Safari.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the video, avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection  I was also alerted and I was going to publish it.

Halichoeres

Wow, taking no chances with leaks this year. I wonder which other social media channels have been graced with sneak previews. Perhaps the DinoToyBlog YouTube channel?

Anyway, that's the nicest Coelodonta toy I've seen. Are we in for another mammal-heavy year? Carnotaurus is among the best, too, and continues the trend of Carnegie replacements.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

To me sincerely I would like to make extinct marine prehistoric animals and especially prehistoric fish a xiphactinus or a leedsichthys scale 1:25 or 1:35 would be great.

From Safari we only have two classic prehistoric fishes, the coelacanth and the dunkleosteus. I would like more prehistoric fish even if they are not extinct like Favorite's.

As for prehistoric mammals, they are perhaps paradoxically even more dear to me than dinosaurs (perhaps because they are more scarce in the toy market).

I hope they make dinosaurs reissued (it is inevitable) but some of the new dinosaurs are a first in the world of the toy like the anzu or the malawisaurus of Safari 2018.

suspsy

I wonder how many other lucky buggers received these packages—and what was in them.

SpartanSquat

Thanks for this! Carnotaurus was always depicted as a very long slim theropod. This one is more thicc and beliable!

Renecito

Yes!!! One of my dream figures from Hopes and dreams thread came true!!!!
The rest of my wish list are: Spinosaurus, Xiphactinus and Leedsichthys.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SBell

Quote from: Takama on July 31, 2018, 09:45:14 PM
Quote from: Ivysaur on July 31, 2018, 09:43:47 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 31, 2018, 09:33:34 PM
Fingers on both hands crossed for Stegosaurus. I expect everyone else to do that same!

I really hope for a Kentrosaurus. Schleich is the only company with a awesome Kentrosaurus. The Kentro needs some more competition.

Safari alredy made a Kentrosaurus in 2010. but it was retired farily quickly for the companey

1) Colorata also made one, but I think it might be retired too. And FameMaster 4D puzzles made (makes) a really nice one, although in puzzle form. And all three are similar in size. And all are better than Schleich.

2) I love that Safari literally said, in their letter, to share images, thoughts and whatever else on Social Media--not only are they getting ahead of the usual SM issues, they are using it to their advantage (cost of 2 figures to them? About $3. Cost of having a marketing and SM team? Way more...) Unlike a certain company that sends out cease&desist letters to fan forums when they just want to share pictures...a certain company that I already made fun of.

3) The rhino is cool...but could just one company make Elasmotherium instead? That one, giant horn is so much cooler! Maybe pair it with a hornless rhino...

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 31, 2018, 11:25:04 PM
Megaloceros is another one I'd love to see for my Pleistocene (and Skyrim in a way) mammal collection. The only I'm aware of is the retired Bullyland one.

I'm also hoping for a new Stegosaurus this year too. In any case I'm sure I'll be impressed with what else is in store next, since 2019's releases are clearly off to a great start with a fabulously accurate Carnotaurus and a woolly rhino.

Check out the Geoworld Megaloceros on the Dejankins website. It's quite good.

Neosodon

I thought for sure this had to be a joke or prank of some sort. Fully finished figures in July? We usually don't even get promos until September. I need a moment for this to sink in. :o

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 31, 2018, 11:49:36 PM
Wow, taking no chances with leaks this year. I wonder which other social media channels have been graced with sneak previews. Perhaps the DinoToyBlog YouTube channel?

Nope. :(

tanystropheus

A bit more detailed than the Carnegie Carno (with the overlying lips) but similar enough to work as a mating pair. In a market full of excellent Carnotaurus (Carnegie, REBOR, Papo and Mattel), it is always refreshing to see another well executed interpretation.

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 01, 2018, 08:10:38 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 31, 2018, 11:49:36 PM

Nope. :(

Boo! >:(

Patrx

Another neat thing I just noticed about the new Carnotaurus—no paravian tarsal scutes! Brilliant :)

Jose S.M.

At first I didn't noted the lips  :)) I was too excited for the figure in general. I already have my lipped theropod, now I need my close mouthed calm posed one  ;D.

SBell

Quote from: SidB on August 01, 2018, 03:07:57 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on July 31, 2018, 11:25:04 PM

Check out the Geoworld Megaloceros on the Dejankins website. It's quite good.

You'd be better off tracking down a Bullyland Megaloceros. Better figure, and better company.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: