News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

It'll be nice for my safari giga to get a well sculpted friend as I don't yet have the Carnegie one.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Minmiminime

Great to see those close-up pics from all angles! Thanks for sharing those, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. This figure does not disappoint :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

Quote from: MLMjp on September 25, 2018, 11:55:00 AM

If it is smaller than the collect deluxe Spinosaurus....then there's no point for me....The figure looks AMAZING though.

Why is there no point? Spinosaurus come in all shapes and sizes depending on their immediate habitat, dietary intake and relative age.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 26, 2018, 12:18:25 AM

If it is smaller than the collect deluxe Spinosaurus....then there's no point for me....The figure looks AMAZING though.

Why is there no point? Spinosaurus come in all shapes and sizes depending on their immediate habitat, dietary intake and relative age.
Because it wouldn't be in scale with whatever scale they want?

I've pretty much stopped buying anything smaller than 1:25th (1:15th for modern animals) because I've specifically switched to 1:12th scale as a rule and there is only so much realistic variation even among extinct taxa with small sample sizes.

That being said I don't see this being very far off in size from the CollectA Deluxe, they both seem to be roughly a foot?

Neosodon

Nothing smaller than 1:25? That pretty much rules out almost all large herbivores and carnivores.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

stargatedalek

Quote from: Neosodon on September 26, 2018, 03:55:24 AM
Nothing smaller than 1:25? That pretty much rules out almost all large herbivores and carnivores.
I'd rather that than have Tyrannosaurs shorter than flamingos. 1:25th is larger than you probably think, JP figures qualify for example.

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 26, 2018, 12:56:12 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 26, 2018, 12:18:25 AM

Because it wouldn't be in scale with whatever scale they want?

I've pretty much stopped buying anything smaller than 1:25th (1:15th for modern animals) because I've specifically switched to 1:12th scale as a rule and there is only so much realistic variation even among extinct taxa with small sample sizes.

That being said I don't see this being very far off in size from the CollectA Deluxe, they both seem to be roughly a foot?

Exactly my point, I dont need a Spinosaurus figure that represents the maximum size of the creature, but since I like my collection to be in scale then I need a Spinosaurus figure that matches up well with, in my case, the Safari 2017 Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus. The Collecta Spinosaurus fits that spot nicely, but Schleich's Spinosaurus looks much better, so it makes sense for me to want it to be in the same size.

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I do hope it is about the same size, it is just that the picture makes it looks small. But then again, we dont know how big the hand is, so there is still a posibility. We will see later.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely Schleich spinosaurus is one of the best spinosaurus (updated scientific version) made by a toy dinosaur company. It's on par with quality dinosaur toy companies like the ones I mentioned,avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp though I would not venture to say which of the spinosaurus is better.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The in-hand photos show that the Spinosaurus is definitely a fantastic figure. The size is perfect for me too, I am going to have to get it. Not keen on movable jaws, but it's a minor problem.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 26, 2018, 09:04:27 PM
The in-hand photos show that the Spinosaurus is definitely a fantastic figure. The size is perfect for me too, I am going to have to get it. Not keen on movable jaws, but it's a minor problem.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one in the forum not interested in articulated jaws.

Honestly I agree with you I like the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made in one piece. Completely agree with you.

As you say, in my case that is not going to be an obstacle to buying that beauty made by the Schleich brand.

Gwangi

I like articulated jaws because it means I can just close them and keep it that way. I don't like open mouthed figures as much as closed, and closed mouth figures are rare.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2018, 01:55:32 AM
I like articulated jaws because it means I can just close them and keep it that way. I don't like open mouthed figures as much as closed, and closed mouth figures are rare.

I don't like articulations in the jaws or elsewhere, but I concede that this is a significant upside.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brocc21

I think I might like this spino more that the new safari one. Guess its the pose.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Brocc21 on September 27, 2018, 03:07:56 AM
I think I might like this spino more that the new safari one. Guess its the pose.
I think both Spinosauruses are great.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Brocc21

Yeah they are but I like that he's standing.

Shonisaurus

Honestly I like Schleich 2019 spinosaurus more than Safari 2019. Both are very nice but I find Schleich's sculpture more attractive and I apologize to Doug because that figure is not better for me than Schleich's .

Schleich spinosaurus I like more from my personal point of view although there is something in favor of the figure of Safari which is that it does not have articulated jaws, which I appreciate. I prefer rigid jaws without joints.

Renecito

I really love this new spinosaurus!!! I only hate its small size!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Halichoeres

I think these images are genuine, if small. The Dimetrodon and Giganotosaurus both look like repaints to me.

Hard pass.

Source: a German retailer. I imagine you can find it without too much trouble.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

mgaguilar

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2018, 04:12:45 AM
I think these images are genuine, if small. The Dimetrodon and Giganotosaurus both look like repaints to me.

Hard pass.

Damn, why does Schleich think their Giganotosaurus style is good? That skull is HORRIFIC and I am devastated that they would release this alongside such a beautiful Spinosaurus.

Irritation

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 28, 2018, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2018, 04:12:45 AM

Hard pass.

Damn, why does Schleich think their Giganotosaurus style is good? That skull is HORRIFIC and I am devastated that they would release this alongside such a beautiful Spinosaurus.
Don't worry. I'm sure we'll get some better figures when NY Toyfair

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: