News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden Unfortunately both giganotosaurus and dimorphodon will be repainted? I expected something else from Schleich in this case. At least we have now two very good figures the spinosaurus and the animantarx by Schleich this coming year.

IrritatorRaji

Man I REALLY hope the Giga isn't a repaint. Their old Gigas have always fell short of the mark, especially with their weird fenestre full of holes. I know Schleich did a few (3?) repaints last year, and I kinda expect that from any company, but I really hope their new Giga is sculpted from scratch.

CityRaptor

Well, it might be expected. I wonder if the Dimetrodon will get a Jurassic World-inspired paintjob.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

terrorchicken

if you google Schleich 2019 in images  it will lead you to links to YouTube videos of leaked 2019 images but none of them are prehistorics for some reason. But anyway if you collect some of their extant stuff like me thought some of you'd like to know

Sim

avatar_Takama @Takama, I like how in the list in the first post you've made it clear whether you'd want any to be a repaint :)):

Quote from: Takama on August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM
15009 Spinosaurus Dino

15010 Giganotosaurus Dino

15011 Dimetrodon Dino(I prey to God that this is just a repaint)

15012 Dimorphodon Dino

15013 Animantarx Dino

Takama

Quote from: Sim on September 23, 2018, 01:34:31 AM
avatar_Takama @Takama, I like how in the list in the first post you've made it clear whether you'd want any to be a repaint :)):

Quote from: Takama on August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM
15009 Spinosaurus Dino

15010 Giganotosaurus Dino

15011 Dimetrodon Dino(I prey to God that this is just a repaint)

15012 Dimorphodon Dino

15013 Animantarx Dino

Well, thats because i like it when they do new species as oposed to repeating ones they just made.   

I explain my resoning in this review
http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/01/06/spinosaurus-2015world-of-history-by-schleich/

However in 2016, they started to give there models infromation tags, and so i started to buy all of there models even if they were alredy made in the years prior. So far, none have been a repeat since 2016. But i fear that 2019 may break that trend. So i hope its just a repaint, that way there effrots to create somthing from scratch were not wasted on a animal thats alredy been made   

Halichoeres

avatar_Sim @Sim, I'm a little surprised the remains of Spinosaurus rise to your standard for a figure of interest. I know you've said you don't like it when figures are made of animals whose appearance isn't well known and are likely to be falsified by future discoveries (paraphrasing, forgive me if that's an unfair summary). The holotype of Spinosaurus is ash and it's hard to be sure the neotype even represents a single individual. That seems to be a recipe for an animal where our understanding of its anatomy is subject to change. But possibly I'm just out of date on the Spino debate.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Apparently some samples (with mild defects) of the spinosaurus have been leaked into the chinese market, here are some photos:

IrritatorRaji

Wish it were bigger but WOW it looks amazing!

Shonisaurus

It is a masterpiece, makes Schleich one of the best toy dinosaur companies. Vlad Konstantinov has been a magnificent signing from Schleich.

I suppose it will be available later this year as it always happens on behalf of the Schleich brand. I reaffirm that Schleich had the potential to make figures not only for children but also for adult collectors and that it is even more among the best toy dinosaur companies.

MLMjp

Mmmm...

Jugging by that hand the figure does not seem big enough. I don't have any of my figures for reference but to me that Spinosaurus definitely looks smaller than the Collecta deluxe Spinosaurus.

If it is smaller than the collect deluxe Spinosaurus....then there's no point for me....The figure looks AMAZING though.

I hope I am wrong and somehow the actual figure has more or less the size I want it to be. I mean, we don't know how big those hands are, so that is something to take into consideration.

Cretaceous Crab

I don't care how big it is......I WANTS IT!  ^-^

Never been a huge fan of Schleich until now.

SpartanSquat

Oh I thought is going to be a little big but not bad. Watching the details of scales looks lika Vlad made it

Shonisaurus

Quote from: LeviRawl on September 25, 2018, 12:27:30 PM
I don't care how big it is......I WANTS IT!  ^-^

Never been a huge fan of Schleich until now.

Schleich throughout his long history has made quite good figures of dinosaurs, especially in his time at the Humbold Museum in Berlin. That does not mean that since 2018 and 2019 he is starting to make truly successful and outstanding figures.

But even with its aesthetic and scientific imperfections made more than a dozen years ago apatosaurus the brand of Schleich quite cool (somewhat "retro" but cool) and other figures that are counted among the best of the company as the macrauchenia, desmatosuchus , shonisaurus, edmontonia or elasmosaurus for putting some examples of that brand.

They have sincerely improved one hundred percent and are now in equal quality with the best toy dinosaur companies and I hope they are all at the same level of quality and beauty.

Although I have all its figures and even all its color variants honestly I also have to admit that I was never an admirer of the figures of Schleich and even in the past and in the same forum I made quite destructive and disrespectful criticisms towards that brand which is reprehensible, then I changed and realized that it was a wholesale company with a great economic power that was mainly aimed at children, but then I started to believe in this brand and I bet that they would make figures at the same height of genius of the rest of toy dinosaur companies suitable for collectors and I see now that I have not been wrong, Schleich is already one of the best dinosaur brands of toys suitable for adults and children alike and will still surprise us with certainty with new beauties such as his spinosaurus and even the animantarx an armored dinosaur nodosaurio that surpasses the best done to date superior to edmontonia and sauropelta

tanystropheus

I like the naturalistic paint scheme. Absolutely love the crocodilian vibes on the tail. Overall, the figure looks like it has been made by Favorite not Schleich. A must buy, in my opinion.

Nanuqsaurus

This is quite a surprise from Schleich! Certainly one of their best figures so far.  :) The head looks a bit shrink-wrapped, but I like the colors and sculpting. Wish it was a bit bigger though!

Faelrin

It's beautiful.  :'( Definitely one of their best, up there with the Pentaceratops and the Dunkleosteus. I definitely need to get this at some point, along with those others. And of course it has an articulated jaw like the other Schleich theropods, which is also a win for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ezikot

i like the Spino.
what do you think about the proportions (legs, sail, tail)?
(i know we have just few pics)

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 23, 2018, 02:15:36 PM
avatar_Sim @Sim, I'm a little surprised the remains of Spinosaurus rise to your standard for a figure of interest. I know you've said you don't like it when figures are made of animals whose appearance isn't well known and are likely to be falsified by future discoveries (paraphrasing, forgive me if that's an unfair summary). The holotype of Spinosaurus is ash and it's hard to be sure the neotype even represents a single individual. That seems to be a recipe for an animal where our understanding of its anatomy is subject to change. But possibly I'm just out of date on the Spino debate.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: Hehe, it's funny you say that because after seeing this new Schleich Spinosaurus, I went and looked at Spinosaurus and Sigilmassasaurus remains, and considered what aspects are uncertain, as well as how plausible the Schleich figure is as a reconstruction.  After having considered all this, I think Spinosaurus is on the same level as Ankylosaurus for example.  A considerable amount of bones is now known for Spinosaurus and Ankylosaurus that makes a distinctive appearance possible for them, but it's still not certain how some parts of these animals looked.  However for their uncertain parts informed guesses can be made which are reasonably restricted by fossil bones that have been referred to these animals.  The way I feel about prehistoric animals like this is the uncertainty in their appearance makes it more likely for me to not want a figure of them, but if I like a figure of them a lot and I find it's a plausible reconstruction I might be interested in the figure.  There's just enough known of these animals that I can feel I'm looking at a figure representing a real animal rather than something made-up, and for a plausible reconstruction I think it's very hard to be sure how likely or unlikely the uncertain parts are.

I find what I've described above quite different from clearly unpredictable parts of a prehistoric animal's skeleton that strongly define its appearance getting invented (e.g. inventing the head shape of an animal from a family where members have variable head shapes, or inventing most/all of the armour of a thyreophoran).  In these cases this isn't reasonably restricted by fossils that could belong to the animal, and I think it's extremely unlikely the animal's appearance would be guessed correctly.  If the appearance of a prehistoric animal is even more uncertain than Spinosaurus or Ankylosaurus, that's the point where I can't imagine myself being interested in any figure of it.  I feel figures of species like this represent a creature created by a person more than they represent their namesake animal, and I don't get satisfaction from them.

In the description for this Spinosaurus skeletal, the artist puts forward evidence for the Spinosaurus neotype representing a single individual: https://www.deviantart.com/franoys/art/Spinosaurus-aegyptiacus-FSAC-kk-11888-rigorous-708441423
Personally, I feel there's now more than enough things to support the proportions of the neotype, so I don't doubt them.

Neosodon

It reminds me of safari 10 years ago. Seems reminiscent of that style. Never imagined I'd be making that comparison.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: