News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

The Dimetrodon doesn't need a repaint.

Faelrin

The Dimetrodon repaint doesn't look too bad. I find it nice that it contrasts with their previous fiery looking one (which I prefer, but still not too bad). I am really disappointed with the Giganotosaurus being a repaint of that old sculpt though. But well at least the Spinosaurus is amazing and the nodosaurid is okay (I mean it isn't one of their worst sculpts anyways). Here's to hoping Papo and CollectA can impress with their upcoming releases now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

He was right Robin Schleich's giganotosaurus is a repaint, although the original figure was much better than the giganotosaurus of the Humbold era and the later figure of Schleich sincerely had the hope that they would do an improved reissue of the giganotosaurus.

The dimetrodon of Schleich as already commented did not need repainting was fine with the original painting.

It only remains to wait for Schleich to surprise us with a 2019 dimorphodon in the style of the spinosaurus and made by Vlad Konstantinov.

I guess they repaint their Schleich figures because their figures are a selling success especially for children, that is, it is ideal for the little ones, although they could have made a giganotosaurus and dimetrodon in the style of spinosaurus and animantarx. Undoubtedly my favorite figure is the Schleich 2019 spinosaurus and to a lesser extent the Schleich 2019 animantarx emphasizing that it is a more than acceptable figure and in this case remarkable although it does not exceed in genius the Schleichk star figure, the spinosaurus .

I would like all of Schleich's figures to be made by Vlad Konstantinov as all Safari figures are made by Doug Watson, Schleich's story would be magnificent. At least to date Schleich has made two figures an outstanding and piece of paleoart (spinosaurus) and another notable (animantarx) taking into account that it is the best nodosaurio made to date improving even its early twentieth century edmontonia if I remember correctly (I have very bad memory) in 2002.

Andreioli

If the dimensions given on this site for the new Spinosaurus are correct, then it should be roughly around the same size as the Collecta Deluxe walking Spino:

https://www.animals-toys.nl/schleich-15009-spinosaurus.html

That's 31 cm in length for the Schleich vs 35 cm in lenght for the Collecta, but the Schleich Spino has a big tail bend.
The height is the same for both, 12 cm.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2018, 04:12:45 AM
I think these images are genuine, if small. The Dimetrodon and Giganotosaurus both look like repaints to me.

Hard pass.

Source: a German retailer. I imagine you can find it without too much trouble.

No! I was genuinely hoping Schleich would give us a brand new Giganotosaurus, what a let down :(

IrritatorRaji

Better images of these disappointments brand new models

Edit: Just in case there's any doubt, the Amazon listing. The Giga is also on there

MLMjp

Quote from: Andreioli on September 28, 2018, 07:38:20 AM
If the dimensions given on this site for the new Spinosaurus are correct, then it should be roughly around the same size as the Collecta Deluxe walking Spino:

That's 31 cm in length for the Schleich vs 35 cm in lenght for the Collecta, but the Schleich Spino has a big tail bend.

That just made my day!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on September 28, 2018, 08:54:45 AM

That just made my day!

The Schleich spinosaurus 2019 is by far the star figure of this brand. I thought it was small, that is, of medium size like the standard spinosaurus figures of Collecta and fortunately it is not like that. It is approximately the same size as the spinosaurus of the aforementioned brand along with that of Safari is going to be a golden year for this strange dinosaur.

Andreioli

It will be a golden year for the cvadruped Spinosaurus with the release of both Safari and Schleich, but I think the topping on the cake is yet to come with the release of the PNSO Spinosaur !

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 28, 2018, 04:38:21 AM
The Dimetrodon doesn't need a repaint.

Agreed! It needs a trash compactor.

Thanks avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji for the bigger pics, but also curse you for the bigger pics, because they hurt to look at. It's like there are two Schleichs at the moment, a competent one and the one we all know and loathe.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2018, 03:49:39 PM
Thanks avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji for the bigger pics, but also curse you for the bigger pics, because they hurt to look at.

It's okay, I'm mad at me too

Ravonium

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 28, 2018, 04:15:31 AM
Damn, why does Schleich think their Giganotosaurus style is good?

I don't know either, but it obviously sells well for them. This is (at least) the 4th Giga that they've used this skull design on, over a timeframe of 9 years.

MLMjp

Those are the reminder that shcleich is always going to mess up somehow, for one, two or three good figures a year, there will be more bad ones accompanying them.

Renecito

Awesome, that means it's is 1:40 scale. This is an instant favorite of mine!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Brocc21

I don't mine the dimetrodon to much. But will Schleich just drop their freaking giga. It looks terrible but the still use it after ten years. But at least the colors seem nice.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Takama

Wow,

Im surpised that my wish came true

Also, Looks like i will be buying the 2015 Giginotosaurus after all.    Only in a diffrent paint scheme

CityRaptor

Quote from: Ravonium on September 28, 2018, 05:03:26 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 28, 2018, 04:15:31 AM
Damn, why does Schleich think their Giganotosaurus style is good?

I don't know either, but it obviously sells well for them. This is (at least) the 4th Giga that they've used this skull design on, over a timeframe of 9 years.

Let's see.
Replica Saurus Giga
Dinosaurs Giga ( first version, based on Replica Saurus )
Dinosaurs Giga ( second version )
Small Giga
Small Giga ( repaint )
Dinosaurs Giga ( second version, repaint )
All with that terrible skull.
I actually owned both small Gigas at one point ( one came with the Saichania I wanted, the other in a Blindbag I got for cheap ) but sold off both.

Quote from: MLMjp on September 28, 2018, 05:36:27 PM
Those are the reminder that shcleich is always going to mess up somehow, for one, two or three good figures a year, there will be more bad ones accompanying them.
To sarcastically quote several German Schleich reviews: "Schleich halt." ( Basically means: "That's just Schleich!" )

Let's see:
Spinosaurus - big surprise how good it looks. May not be perfect, but easily one of Schleich's best Theropods ( if not the best ). Of course their record is rather poor...Might pick this one up.
Giganotosaurus - meh, just a repaint of a bad mold.  Easy pass.
Dimetrodon - is this just me or does the paint scheme look a lot less detailed than the one of the old version? Already have the old version, so pass.

Ooops, forgot one:
Animantarx - looks nice so far. Not perfect, but nice. Might pick this one up.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ruochuan

I just don't understand Schleich. They were able to produce some wonderful figures that is Replica Saurus 12-13 years ago, why can't they do that now? Why would a company systematically make their own products worse?
My dinosaur model pictures:
http://seattlesaurus.tumblr.com

mgaguilar

Quote from: Andreioli on September 28, 2018, 10:57:27 AM
It will be a golden year for the cvadruped Spinosaurus with the release of both Safari and Schleich, but I think the topping on the cake is yet to come with the release of the PNSO Spinosaur !

Oho yes, I almost forgot about the one to finish off the year. God it's going to be GLORIOUS.

Vidusaurus

Quote from: ruochuan on September 30, 2018, 01:33:12 AM
I just don't understand Schleich. They were able to produce some wonderful figures that is Replica Saurus 12-13 years ago, why can't they do that now? Why would a company systematically make their own products worse?

The same reason franchises like Jurassic World and Transformers keep churning out substandard movies: why bother making a good product when people are willing to pay for a bad one?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: