News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Hopefully is the same case of the Spinosaurus, it got axed because there's a totally new version of it  and not like the Giga and Dimetrodon that got axed but were replaced with repaints of the same sculpts.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on December 05, 2018, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 05, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
[...]I understand that the unbeatable triceratops has more popularity among children and even collectors.[...]

Well, I remember that before the current grey Schleich Triceratops was released, the previous brown version was retired.  The same thing might be happening on this occasion, with Schleich planning to release a new Pentaceratops.

For what it's worth, the Everything Dinosaur blog post about the Schleich retirements says, "The Schleich Pentaceratops model, which first came out in 2014, is also being withdrawn.  It is likely to be replaced by a new horned dinosaur figure that may come out in the second half of 2019.": https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/11/29/schleich-prehistoric-animal-model-retirements.html

It can be an improved model of pentaceratops or another horned dinosaur, even a styracosaurus. I had not noticed the information, thank you!

I cross my fingers so that in the second half of this year Schleich makes another horned dinosaur and that it is of the excellent and awesome quality of the spinosaurus Schleich 2019.

Shonisaurus

The animantarx for what I see is still not commercialized. In my case I will wait for the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid. Thanks for the information Andreioli.

PhilSauria

Very disappointed that Schleich have once again trotted out that abomination (aka Giganotosaurus) with a new paint job. With each new release of this animal from other companys, Safari and now Eofauna, the Schleich figure looks increasingly cartoonish and childish. I bought this a few years back but since the advent of the aforementioned versions I have since packed it away out of my sight and am very close to donating it to a charity shop! If they had given the designer of the new Spinosaurus (which I will definitely be ordering) a crack at a redesign on the Giganotosaurus you could have coloured my impressed, but as it is my collecting dollars will be heading elsewhere.

Sim

All of Schleich's Giganotosaurus have always been rubbish. :P  Even before Schleich's first ever figure of Giganotosaurus, one of the best figures of this animal already existed - the Carnegie Giganotosaurus.  Schleich's Giganotosaurus and Velociraptor figures are all utter rubbish.  There is clearly no attempt to make them look like a real Giganotosaurus or Velociraptor.  Instead, they've invented their own appearance for Giganotosaurus (for those who haven't seen it yet, the skull of a Schleich Giganotosaurus: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3440 ).  While for Velociraptor they've taken the Jurassic Park design (which is already far from looking like a real animal) and made ugly caricatures of it, one time not even including the enlarged toe claw the animal is well known for ::)

It feels jarring that Schleich is releasing this Giganotosaurus repaint alongside their new Spinosaurus.

sauroid

maybe they will "surprise" us next year by releasing a relatively scientifically accurate Giganotosaurus...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

If the giganotosaurus repainted Schleich continue selling it with the same type of sculpture that means that it is a dinosaur quite accepted among the public that buys it (mainly children). Hopefully I'm wrong but if that dinosaur gives you great benefits I doubt you will change it for another remodeled giganotosaurus even if it is so much better than the current one.

PhilSauria

While on one level I accept that the target buyers for Schleich product are children, given the scant regard for scientific accuracy and somewhat stylized, to be charitable about it, house look; something appealed to me about that figure initially and as it was one of my very early collecting buys since taking a more concerted interest in acquiring prehistoric animal figures I was still becoming aware of what else was out there.

Flash forward to now and to see it re-released in the current landscape of quality that we have it really seems anachronistic, to me. So yes it probably does sell well and the people buying it are doubtless of a different mindset and seeing it through different eyes than us collectors. But it does jar to see it coming out alongside something with the quality and detail of their new Spinosaurus. Chalk and cheese!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on December 07, 2018, 03:58:38 PM
All of Schleich's Giganotosaurus have always been rubbish. :P  Even before Schleich's first ever figure of Giganotosaurus, one of the best figures of this animal already existed - the Carnegie Giganotosaurus.  Schleich's Giganotosaurus and Velociraptor figures are all utter rubbish.  There is clearly no attempt to make them look like a real Giganotosaurus or Velociraptor.  Instead, they've invented their own appearance for Giganotosaurus (for those who haven't seen it yet, the skull of a Schleich Giganotosaurus: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3440 ).  While for Velociraptor they've taken the Jurassic Park design (which is already far from looking like a real animal) and made ugly caricatures of it, one time not even including the enlarged toe claw the animal is well known for ::)

It feels jarring that Schleich is releasing this Giganotosaurus repaint alongside their new Spinosaurus.

It's definitely jarring. I think Schleich has been like that for a while, though. This year's Pteranodon and Velociraptor were horrific, even though a few other pieces were half decent. Last year's Acrocanthosaurus was right out of the worst of the ReplicaSaurus line, while the Stegosaurus was passable. Schleich is the most inconsistent and schizophrenic of the major toy dinosaur companies.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

im guessing they employ different sculptors with varying level of ability/talent.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Andreioli

Shonisaurus

My opinions about the Schleich 2019 spinosaurus are the following: the new Schleich spinosaurus figure is incredibly spectacular. I do not understand paleontology but the details are millimeter, the modeling is perfect.

Its details are refined and the colors, although conservative, are reduced with the red details on the jowls, on the lower part of the neck and on the head.

The legs of said dinosaurs are made in a perfect way, you can notice the nerves, scales and the sail of the spinosaurus is a masterpiece of paleoart. Vlad Konstatinov has made a work of art and honestly I can only say that he is a awesome and very cool figure. His eyes are realistic and they flee from the humanized eyes to which Schleich had accustomed us.

The rear hooves are well molded and the front ones have the characteristic claw of the spinosaurs. It is an outstanding work and his masterpiece and star figure as I have already commented. The teeth are differentiated although they are blunt to avoid accidents to the smallest. And it has an articulated jaw that although I'm not a fan of articulated jaws it does not hurt at all.

The Schleich 2019 dimorphodon the details are good on the head although the details of the denture are a bit coarse and evenly there are no differentiated teeth.

The position of the dimorphodon seems to me unnatural although it is necessary to affirm that the picnofibras is observed in a detailed detail, it is a figure whose coloring in the head favors it.

The wings with details similar to a butterfly is for me one of the failures of the figure. The same can be said about the tail and the position of the legs. That yes the final part of the tail is beautifully sculpted but sincerely can be the best figure of Schleich 2019 after the spinosaurus the animantarx is the only one of the great figures awaiting revision. Sincerely with the outstanding and cool spinosaurus and Schleich dimorphodon that is an improvement on his predecessor this year Collecta has made some remarkable figures in general terms, taking into account that Schleich is a brand aimed at children.

This year Schleich has focused on collectors especially in his figure of spinosaurus 2019. Good year for Schleich from my point of view.

sauroid

Schleich had to put on Goofy's teeth on that Dimorphodon. a sure pass for me.

Renecito

Awesome Spinosaurus indeed!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

postsaurischian

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

tanystropheus

Looks pretty good, but the teeth will need to be filed down a bit on both models. One pair of teeth look particularly atrocious on the Dimorphodon.

japfeif

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 15, 2018, 12:40:52 AM
Looks pretty good, but the teeth will need to be filed down a bit on both models. One pair of teeth look particularly atrocious on the Dimorphodon.

Can you do that? I've thought of filing the teeth on some of the figures with overly blunt teeth but was afraid that the teeth were merely painted and if you tried to file them to points, you would scrap away the white paint and be left with teeth that are whatever the base color of the actual figure is (or are the teeth white-colored throughout?)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: