News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I really REALLY like to know the origin of this image

Shonisaurus

Certainly Schleich's diabloceratops looks a lot like the war paint touches to Collecta's diabloceratops. Honestly, I find it quite promising. Schleich is doing I understand things pretty well.

I think Schleich are fortunately going in the right direction. Although it is only a fragment of that ceraptoside I think it can be a figure equal to or better than the discontinued pentaceratops, but still need to see the rest of the body and the head. It is too early to make a realistic assessment, but I have high hopes that the figure is good and I hope it is outstanding.

Concavenator

Wow, that Diabloceratops looks quite promising! It looks a lot better than their Pentaceratops , and it looks like it will be a better figure than their new Spinosaurus too. The Spinosaurus looked good on the promo pics, but the final figure that was release turned out pretty sloppily in my opinion.

I don´t know whether or not I will buy any Schleich figure this year, but if I end up getting any it will probably be this Diabloceratops.

Also, I noticed that the Spinosaurus, Diabloceratops and Psittacosaurus don´t have the same style as the rest of Schleichs.Does anyone know the sculptor? ???

Brocc21

The diabloceratops hype train has entered the station.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Jose S.M.

That looks very interesting indeed. The head I think it's the best ceratopsid head from them and the color scheme looks nice. I can't wait to see a full body picture, they never get the feet right, that was kind of the only negative about their latest triceratops.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on January 24, 2019, 02:31:55 PM
Wow, that Diabloceratops looks quite promising! It looks a lot better than their Pentaceratops , and it looks like it will be a better figure than their new Spinosaurus too. The Spinosaurus looked good on the promo pics, but the final figure that was release turned out pretty sloppily in my opinion.

I don´t know whether or not I will buy any Schleich figure this year, but if I end up getting any it will probably be this Diabloceratops.

Also, I noticed that the Spinosaurus, Diabloceratops and Psittacosaurus don´t have the same style as the rest of Schleichs.Does anyone know the sculptor? ???

I do not know exactly what the sculptor will be but there is a very good dinosaur sculptor who works in Schleich called Vlad Konstantivov, can it be him?

Bokisaurus

I hope that it is real indeed and not just a fan made photo. Looks nice ( it was hard for me to say that! ;D). Colors does look so much like CollectA's Diablo.

Neosodon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 24, 2019, 06:16:00 PM
I hope that it is real indeed and not just a fan made photo. Looks nice ( it was hard for me to say that! ;D). Colors does look so much like CollectA's Diablo.
Although it looks amazing it still has the texturing of some other shleich figures. Would be allot of work just for trolling.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Neosodon on January 24, 2019, 07:04:30 PM
Although it looks amazing it still has the texturing of some other shleich figures. Would be allot of work just for trolling.

The beak is very similar to its recently discontinued pentaceratops.

Jose S.M.

OH this makes me thing if it's not a customized Pentaceratops, I hope not. The Triceratops from last year used the same kind of texture, instead of the better one used in the Psittacosaurus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. I do not believe at all that this diabloceratops (I suppose) is a personalized pentaceratops. This ceraptoside does not have the horn in the nose so pronounced. On the other hand the main horns are curved upwards and not downwards as the pentaceratops have them. It gives me the impression that it is a diabloceratops and I hope not to be mistaken, but it is certainly not an existing Schleich dinosaur with a new touch of paint.

Jose S.M.

I didn't meant an official release like a repaint, but a collector's customization like the ones that can be seen here in the forum, where a member cuts parts from a sculpt and makes new ones so they can convert it into a totally new species.
On the other hand the picture has something like the corner of a tag so its probably a real product (unless they used photoshop)

Primeval12

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 24, 2019, 09:12:34 PM
I didn't meant an official release like a repaint, but a collector's customization like the ones that can be seen here in the forum, where a member cuts parts from a sculpt and makes new ones so they can convert it into a totally new species.
On the other hand the picture has something like the corner of a tag so its probably a real product (unless they used photoshop)

What about the JWFK Pachyrhinosaurus/Triceratops to Sinoceratops transformation??? 

Takama

I believe its an official toyfair Picture.

Everything Dinosaur did inply that a new horned dinosaur would be out for the summer from this company

PhilSauria

Yeah I'm going with official and looking for a space to place it on my shelves already. Could be the same sculptor as the new Triceratops I'm thinking. I get the same vibe on looking at the detail and features.

Thought that Schleich were all done for this year but very pleased to see that this may not be the case!

Takama

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 24, 2019, 09:59:37 PM
Yeah I'm going with official and looking for a space to place it on my shelves already. Could be the same sculptor as the new Triceratops I'm thinking. I get the same vibe on looking at the detail and features.

Thought that Schleich were all done for this year but very pleased to see that this may not be the case!

That was never the case since 2016

Schleich is the only company that does not Reveal everything they have instore for the year at the begining. Instead they keep there Summer products a secret...or at least try to. There summer products always seem to get leaked, and Schleich seems to hate it ::)

SpartanSquat

I like it! Looks like pentaceratops sculptor. I hope it will be relaunch again, one my fav sculpt of schleich from this recent years.

PhilSauria

Quote from: Takama on January 24, 2019, 10:13:48 PM

Schleich is the only company that does not Reveal everything they have instore for the year at the begining. Instead they keep there Summer products a secret...or at least try to. There summer products always seem to get leaked, and Schleich seems to hate it ::)

Clearly I was not aware of this so thanks for the info.

Takama

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 25, 2019, 02:29:50 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 24, 2019, 10:13:48 PM

Clearly I was not aware of this so thanks for the info.

I did not intend that to be condencending.      Sorry if it was :(

PhilSauria

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I was a little unsure of the tone though and so opted for what I hoped was a neutral response.

I freely admit that there are members on here that have a better grasp on the routines and practices of the various manufacturers than I do and look forward to what else Schleich may have in store, given the upturn in the quality of some of their  recent product.

As somebody else said - 2019 is a great year to be a collector (and conversely therefore a bad one if you have any ambition to increase you bank balance!).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: