News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

They are merely painted. So one would have to apply white paint after filing them down.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Andreioli

I just found some video footage of the new Schleich Animantarx, it's a review from forum fellow Jetoar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-eywFkb3g

Shonisaurus

Magnificent review of Jetoar. I really like the animantarx of Schleich 2019 what I see as a defect of that figure is that its head in relation to the eyes makes it seem to be a child dinosaur.

For the rest without being a person understood and taking into account that I almost ignored that dinosaur figure seems to me a pretty good figure. Although perhaps I like more the figures of the Schleich giganotosaurus (repainted) and obviously the spinosaurus of Schleich 2019 whose figure occupies the first position.

Libraraptor

Yesterday  I held in my hands the Spinosaurus and the Dimorphodon.  Credit where credit is due: The Spino is great,  hands down.  The Dimorphodon,  on the other hand is a complete mess except for the beautiful head. But I don't know how such a sloppy sculpt could even pass the internal quality control at Schleich.  So it is a mixed bag once again. 

Loon

Some questions:

When do these figures start hitting stores?

Where's the best place to get them?

I always see schleichs at Barnes and Noble at the mall, but is there anywhere better?

spinosaurus1

i just received the schleich spino today. it looks every bit as good as the promo pics

the detail is on point

Minmiminime

It's taking me a lot of willpower to resist the Spinosaurus as I'm trying not to indulge myself too much given that Christmas has just passed and there are forthcoming family events such as birthdays, births and weddings, but I want it oh so badly :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on December 31, 2018, 07:21:25 AM
Some questions:

I always see schleichs at Barnes and Noble at the mall, but is there anywhere better?

Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 15, 2018, 12:40:52 AM
Looks pretty good, but the teeth will need to be filed down a bit on both models. One pair of teeth look particularly atrocious on the Dimorphodon.
Thanks for the hint - it worked very well on my Spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on December 31, 2018, 07:21:25 AM
Some questions:

In Europe, as far as I know, the novelties of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Schleich have already arrived. In fact, in my store of all life, such novelties arrived in mid-December of this past year 2018.

I suppose that in other continents or nations the arrival of the novelties of Schleich will vary depending on the order that each store makes of said figures of that brand.

Takama

Not that it matters to everyone but i JUST NOW, Recived my Animantarx, and to my surprise they are doing away with the Fact Tags that came with the figures since 2016.

Loon

Quote from: Takama on January 14, 2019, 09:48:35 PM
Not that it matters to everyone but i JUST NOW, Recived my Animantarx, and to my surprise they are doing away with the Fact Tags that came with the figures since 2016.
In b4 something about them being too inaccurate

Shonisaurus

By the way the unjustly criticized Schleich's dimorphodon (I have also criticized it) of the year 2019 has some similarity with the dimorphodon of Julius Csotonyi I pass a link where you can see a certain similarity in the posture and modeling mode of the figure of Schleich with the magnificent paleoartistic representation of Csotonyi artist that I like very much for his hyperrealism in his paintings, I pass you in the link of the illustration of Julius Csontonyi,

http://csotonyi.com/Dimorphodon.html

And on the other hand Schleich's dimorphodon,

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/GB/dinosaurs/products/dimorphodon-15012.html

I understand that Schleich's paleoartist has had some inspiration in that work from my honest point of view.

SidB

Your point is well made. What differentiates the two seems to be the angling of the front feet (the Schleich's point forward instead of outwards) and the heavy dark coloration of the claws on the Schleich's. The difference is quite noticeable, though the inspiration is obvious.

ITdactyl

Hi avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I agree that the new Dimorphodon figure seems to be "inspired" by the Csotonyi art.  I would say even the CollectA Supreme Dimorphodon seems to be inspired by the same artwork.

I'm not aware of any (recent] formal paper that describes how Dimorphodon should be restored, but it seems that after Dr. Mark Witton's talks and blog posts around 2015, the restoration for this pterosaur changed dramatically.  As a result, this figure just feels old despite being a 2019 release. Given our current knowledge about pterosaurs, some details of the figure feel wrong (just because it was based off an old illustration).

For reference:
Julius Csotonyi, 2005:

Raul Martin, 2014:

Mark Witton, 2015:

Nobu Tamura, 2016:

Julio Lacerda, 2017:

Gabriel Ugueto, 2018:

suspsy

An image of what appears to be a Diabloceratops is now circulating on Facebook and elsewhere online. Guess it's one of the summer items.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Well sincerely I would like to soon reveal the promotional photos of dinosaurs of Schleich 2019. A diabloceratops (if it is confirmed that the dinosaur is that rare ceraptoside) would be great news in the sense that Schleich is launched on the adventure of marketing animal figures prehistoric (in this case dinosaur) relatively rare (in this case) by a company that until very recently had us accustomed to figures of typical and well-known dinosaurs.

My greatest wish that the ceraptoside (diabloceratops if confirmed over time) is as spectacular or more than the pentaceratops of the same brand. My dream is that they are of the quality of the dinosaurs that makes this company Vlad Konstantinov is a great sculptor.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2019, 01:06:17 PM
An image of what appears to be a Diabloceratops is now circulating on Facebook and elsewhere online. Guess it's one of the summer items.

Any link/ photos you could share?
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

DragonRider02

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2019, 01:06:17 PM
It's color sheme is Suspiciously similar to the CollectA Diabloceratops...

But it looks promising! I hope it's gonna be on their Spinosaurus level!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: