News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Oh! Oh my 😹 Not the worst I've ever seen but it looks a bit like a gargoyle and the wing patterning looks like it was added by an enthusiastic pre-schooler. And what is going on with those limbs?! By contrast that CollectA knock-off looks pretty well accomplished!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

DragonRider02

So the Dimorphodon from Theri set is not getting a single realese? Meh.
Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this one... Overall it looks nice but God, what happened to his wings??

PhilSauria

I'm usually a sucker for standing Pterosaurs but I think that I'll pass on this one!

tanystropheus

Quote from: MLMjp on October 24, 2018, 05:15:15 PM
I'm just gonna post this artwork here and leave... ::)

The Schleich version seems very similar to that art work, and the head sculpt is quite good. The limbs look a bit wonky, unfortunately.

The reason the Schleich version has two sets of wings is because of the art work it is inspired by.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 24, 2018, 09:51:13 PM
I'm usually a sucker for standing Pterosaurs but I think that I'll pass on this one!

Same here! I think Schleich should just stick to these poses for their flying reptiles....

But seriously, how did Schleich mess the Dimorphodon up so bad? Their other Dimorphodon looks way better than this.

Even their old Anhanguera looks better!

Lanthanotus

Hmm, after CollectA's top notch interpretation of that interesting species last year it took some real daring to approach it once more - not surprsingly Schleich failed with that. To be sure, the bar was high and some hot water could mend that thing in something much more improved... but it's nevertheless a definete skip for me.

Faelrin

I mean it's certainly not the worst Dimorphodon made, but a darn shame they've went and gone and plagiarized the color scheme from someone's artwork again.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Vidusaurus

The more I look at that Dimorphodon, the worse it gets. Although the sculpt itself is actually very decent, there's a lot going on with it that isn't good. One, it looks like they pretty much directly copied that artwork that's been posted upthread, right down to the inaccuracies. Two, why in the world does it look like its patagium attaches to its armpit????

terrorchicken

its the unnatural  posture that bugs me. Its stance is so... tense, with its tail all straightened out.
Its almost  like its.... scared stiff.  O:-)

Takama

Dimorphodon Added to the first post

Halichoeres

This Dimorphodon has its problems, but it is not worse than their previous one. That green thing looks like fuzzy green pajamas draped over a bent wire hanger.

Bummer about the lifted artwork. Seems to happen quite a lot.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brocc21

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 24, 2018, 05:07:57 PM
It looks like that knockoff I've seen of the CollectA Dimorphon I've seen floating around Ebay...

I don't know much about Dimorphodons but... those arms, they look bizarre...!

That image confuses me on many levels.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

Honestly I really like the Schleich 2019 dimorphodon is an improvement over its previous version. It is at the same height of the best companies of prehistoric animals What I do not like is his position but what is said the modeling is very good and far exceeds all his predecessors pterosaurs of the Schleich brand in four-legged version.

Concavenator

Has anyone ordered the new models?
I can't wait to see more real life pics,aside from the ones posted by Safari :P

LeapingLaelaps

I'm honestly super disappointed with the giga (the model is... Awful, honestly) but the spino more than makes up for it! ;D

Joey

Oh Dang ... Is it just me or does that Dimorphodon have broken arms? ???

Shonisaurus

According to a message from Andreioli about Papo's dinosaurs, he announced that there are new photographs of Schleich's spinosaurus 2019. Sincerely, the photographs from my honest opinion speak for themselves. Vlad Konstantinov has done an outstanding job a true work of art. Sincerely this spinosaurus Schleich 2019 for my part is going to be my favorite spinosaurus, regardless that I like other versions of spinosaurus of other companies including our famous Doug who is also outstanding.

I pass the facebook link that I have captured.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156819397641764&set=pcb.10156819398251764&type=3&theater

Jose S.M.

Talking about Pentaceratops, the one by Schleich is going to be discontinued next year, the purple Spinosaurus, orange Giga and original Dimetrodon too.

Shonisaurus

Well, the pentaceratops has not lasted for a long time, it started to be commercialized in 2014 and it is already suspended this year 2019. I understand that the unbeatable triceratops has more popularity among children and even collectors. Schleich descataloga his figures with a speed of lightning, I think it is a company in constant change in relation to the figures not only of dinosaurs but of animals in general.

Except for some figures of Bayala, Schleich does not usually keep a lot of figures because they may massively make a certain number of figures in limited editions when they are sold, they all amortize the figure by discontinuing it. In my case I respect and love their Schleich figures and many of them I love but I do not understand their policy.

Schleich's pentaceratops was one of his best figures along with the first version kentrosaurus.

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 05, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
[...]I understand that the unbeatable triceratops has more popularity among children and even collectors.[...]

Well, I remember that before the current grey Schleich Triceratops was released, the previous brown version was retired.  The same thing might be happening on this occasion, with Schleich planning to release a new Pentaceratops.

For what it's worth, the Everything Dinosaur blog post about the Schleich retirements says, "The Schleich Pentaceratops model, which first came out in 2014, is also being withdrawn.  It is likely to be replaced by a new horned dinosaur figure that may come out in the second half of 2019.": https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/11/29/schleich-prehistoric-animal-model-retirements.html

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: