News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

I know it's all still under raps, but I found a Facebook post of a shop in Brazil that might be more than just speculation.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/dinoshopbr/posts/

The post from yestarday (27.11) says:
"Ainda não sei o que é fato ou não, mas um passarinho jurássico me falou que para 2019 a Papo deverá realmente ter a versão do T-Rex correndo numa nova cor, a marrom. Provavelmente devem tirar a versão bacon listrada atual. O Alossauro teria uma mudança facial e passaria ter a cara mais parecida com o Alossauro com mandíbula quebrada do Planeta Dinossauro. Se for mesmo a dúvida é se vão manter o mesmo corpo e/ou pintura atual ou puxar para o dino do documentário. Que existe um estudo para mudar a cor do Triceratops, o que seria uma pena. Que eles tem há tempos um Galimimus modelado que possivelmente será lançado ano que vem. Que deve vir um Hadrossauro com ninho, num modelo estilo diorama como a Rebor, talvez um Maiassauro? Que virá um saurópode, cogita-se num Camarassauro. E que terão um novo Ceratopsídeo. Se tudo for realmente verdade confesso que acharei ótimo, menos alteração de cor do Triceratops."

Google translated:
"I still do not know what it is or not, but a Jurassic bird told me that by 2019 Papo should really have the T-Rex version running in a new color, the brown one. You should probably take the current striped bacon version. Alosaurus would have a facial change and would have the face more like Alosaosaurus with broken jaw of the Planet Dinosaur. If there is even doubt is whether they will keep the same body and / or current painting or pull for the documentary dino. That there is a study to change the color of Triceratops, which would be a pity. That they have long ago a modeled Galimimus that possibly will be released next year. What should a Hadrosaur with a nest come in, in a diorama style model like the Rebor, perhaps a Maiasauro? That a sauropod will come, one thinks of a Camarasaurus. And they will have a new Keratopsid. If all is really true I confess I will find it great, less color change of Triceratops."

So far it ads up.

There's bound to be more leaks until some official photo release by ED or other sources.

PS. also if you scroll down to a post from 26.11 there are a few more pictures of the new Schleich Spinosaurus.

tanystropheus

Does anyone know if the Allosaurus is a repaint or a new sculpt? It seems that Papo is hinting at the latter...

Reptilia

Mmmmh... Gallimimus, Maiasaura, Camarasaurus and Pentaceratops? That would be surprising by Papo, four new herbivores and no big carnivore at all. I will comment later, when and if those speculations will be confirmed. And thank God that Dimetrodon isn't an official product.

Minmiminime

If this is true, I'm a very, very happy collector indeed ^-^ Providing of course, that these are sculpted by Mr Seo..! A new sculpt of Allosaurus would seem strangely superfluous, but providing it's decent it'll certainly find a home in my collection, as Allosaurus is my favourite dinosaur ;D The one from Planet Dinosaur has aged pretty well and it's certainly more accurate than their current beauty :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If that is a Pentaceratops and it has relatively accurate hands I am interested in it.

There's no way Papo will release a load of herbivores and no carnivores unfortunately.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Syndicate Bias

Didnt someone say 6 releases? 2 being repaints?

So

1 Pentaceratops most likely
1 hadrosaur
1 sauropod
???? Allosaurus resculpted
Brown running Rex
Allo repaint?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 28, 2018, 08:47:36 PM
Didnt someone say 6 releases? 2 being repaints?

So

1 Pentaceratops most likely
1 hadrosaur
1 sauropod
???? Allosaurus resculpted
Brown running Rex
Allo repaint?
A Hadrosaur? That can't be right. Though if Papo release a Hadrosaur next year whilst Papo and CollectA have refused to, I will be amazed.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 28, 2018, 08:26:24 PM
If that is a Pentaceratops and it has relatively accurate hands I am interested in it.

There's no way Papo will release a load of herbivores and no carnivores unfortunately.

Papo has had theropod 'soft' years in the past. The Iguanodon may have been a test to launch a future hadrosaur (yes, I realize Iguanodon is not a hadrosaur) line. We can probably expect an Edmontosaurus, Parasaurolophus (resculpt), Saurolophus and Maiasaura within the next few years (A Corythosaurus if they are willing to take risks). Hopefully, they eschew the articulated jaw on the herbivores as it messes with the aesthetics.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 28, 2018, 09:10:22 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 28, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

Papo has had theropod 'soft' years in the past. The Iguanodon may have been a test to launch a future hadrosaur (yes, I realize Iguanodon is not a hadrosaur) line. We can probably expect an Edmontosaurus, Parasaurolophus (resculpt), Saurolophus and Maiasaura within the next few years (A Corythosaurus if they are willing to take risks). Hopefully, they eschew the articulated jaw on the herbivores as it messes with the aesthetics.
If they release more Hadrosaurs I will be very pleased. And I also hope they don't have the jaw like the Iguanodon

Jose S.M.

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 28, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

Last year was the less theropod oriented with no new big theropod, only a repaint of a existing sculpt, that makes me think there will be at least one new big theropod sculpt this year, but I could be wrong of course.

I personally think that Corythosaurus is less risky than Maisaura and Saurolophus. Maybe it's not known by name but I've seen "helmeted Hadrosaurs" in those bags of cheap Dinosaurs in stores.

Shonisaurus

Honestly I can not believe that Papo makes so many dinosaurs in the next 2019. A ceraptoside (pentaceratops presumably), a gallimimus, a maiasaura (presumably), camarasaurus (presumably) and an allosaurus (re-sculpted as that of Planet Dinosaur with a broken jaw) and two re-painted tyrannosaurus rex brown (hopefully it does not have the same touch of color that I own because I would regret it cost me 100 euros) and a repainted triceratops.

It seems a great year for Papo and obviously the giganotosaurus that was rumored will have to wait maybe another year or who knows. Honestly it does not traumatize me.

Four new prehistoric animals is an achievement for a leading company like Papo, and a pop version of Papo allosaurus from the artistic point of view is a welcome thing for me.

We hope that the news is confirmed and to wait for the photographs. Papo like the rest of prehistoric animal toy companies is a house of surprises.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 28, 2018, 09:36:28 PM
Honestly I can not believe that Papo makes so many dinosaurs in the next 2019. A ceraptoside (pentaceratops presumably), a gallimimus, a maiasaura (presumably), camarasaurus (presumably) and an allosaurus (re-sculpted as that of Planet Dinosaur with a broken jaw) and two re-painted tyrannosaurus rex brown (hopefully it does not have the same touch of color that I own because I would regret it cost me 100 euros) and a repainted triceratops.

It seems a great year for Papo and obviously the giganotosaurus that was rumored will have to wait maybe another year or who knows. Honestly it does not traumatize me.

Four new prehistoric animals is an achievement for a leading company like Papo, and a pop version of Papo allosaurus from the artistic point of view is a welcome thing for me.

We hope that the news is confirmed and to wait for the photographs. Papo like the rest of prehistoric animal toy companies is a house of surprises.

I'm not gonna lie I was hoping for a Carcharodontosaurus or Concavenator but I guess more herbivores is good too. I need more anyways in my collection

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on November 28, 2018, 06:52:44 PM
Alosaurus would have a facial change and would have the face more like Alosaosaurus with broken jaw of the Planet Dinosaur.
I'm guessing they meant the Allosaurus with the broken jaw from Dinosaur Revolution.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Atokensis

If we're getting an Allosaurus I really hope it isn't base off this Allosaurus.

DinoObsessed

Thats what i heard its based off of.

Shadowknight1

On the one hand, I like that Allosaurus's color scheme a lot.  On the other...we already have one snaggletoothed predator from Papo.  The only thing that really needs changing sculpt wise on their Allo is the bunny hands, I think.  I mean, I'm not an Allosaur expert here, but they did a fairly good job aside from that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

well it will be different.  i bet every fan of the showKrentz will get one.

Shonisaurus

By the way, when are you going to release the photographs of the figures? Except for the fragment of the ceraptoside (presumably pentaceratops) they have not released much information, I suppose they will wait until the middle-end of December. Papo usually reveals his novelties much later than other toy brands.

hao_bao

We really don't need another big mean therapod, the collection is top heavy as it is. I'm personally hoping for a gallimimus, it's been on my wish list for years. If they release one in a running pose, I'll buy a whole flock and post the photos on here. Problem is my green running rex has completely lost its stance and can't even remain in place with blu tack, I may need to buy it again.  :'(

Doug Watson

Quote from: hao_bao on November 29, 2018, 03:31:06 PM
Problem is my green running rex has completely lost its stance and can't even remain in place with blu tack, I may need to buy it again.  :'(

That is another plus to the original France only Brown Running T rex, mine can do what my Green Running T rex can't, stand. I wonder if all the original Brownies stand.

P.S. I'd also love a JP inspired Gallimimus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: