News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Fresh news:

From what you see on ebay in France you can already locate the Gorgosaurus of Papo link

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Papo-55074-55074-Gorgosaurus-Multicolour/323866750790?hash=item4b67f66f46:g:8egAAOSw6fVdN9Xj

The price as you can see is not advisable for anyone. The price is stratospheric. The positive is that Papo's gorgosaurus will soon be marketed in online stores and worldwide. In my case I will have to wait much longer.

Papo's pentaceratops are waiting for even those who sell the products in eBay stores at unusual prices. It seems that the thing is moving.

Of course, that beautiful figure of Papo would not buy it even if it was not sold in my nation, the price is a folly and I advise that no member of DTF commit a madness of those proportions.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 25, 2019, 11:13:37 PM
Fresh news:

From what you see on ebay in France you can already locate the Gorgosaurus of Papo link

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Papo-55074-55074-Gorgosaurus-Multicolour/323866750790?hash=item4b67f66f46:g:8egAAOSw6fVdN9Xj

The price as you can see is not advisable for anyone. The price is stratospheric. The positive is that Papo's gorgosaurus will soon be marketed in online stores and worldwide. In my case I will have to wait much longer.

Papo's pentaceratops are waiting for even those who sell the products in eBay stores at unusual prices. It seems that the thing is moving.

Of course, that beautiful figure of Papo would not buy it even if it was not sold in my nation, the price is a folly and I advise that no member of DTF commit a madness of those proportions.

Looks pretty reasonably priced

Shonisaurus

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli Thanks for the links, Papo's gorgosaurus and pentaceratops are medium-sized and large. The gorgosaurus of the promotional photo does not do it justice. The urzeitshop photographs give more value to Papo's gorgosaurus and the pentaceratops is as it appears in the promotional figures. In my case I will have to wait until September or October of this year to have these figures.

SidB

Thanks for the tip - I bought one!

Syndicate Bias

Atokensis

Absolutely stunning. Fantastic sculpt, beautiful paint application and two poses! I prefer the quadrupedal  stance. Cannot wait till it arrives on ED, must be very soon now. I'll be getting it along with Papo Gorgosaurus.

I wonder what two Papo Pentaceratops models "ramming into each other" would look like, if it's good I might order a second one later on.

suspsy

Odd that he didn't do a size comparison between the Gorgosaurus and either of the T. rexes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Papo's gorgosaurus looks great much better than promotional photographs. It is something often in size but anyway it is one of the best gorgosaurus made in the toy market and I do not know if it is superior or inferior to its Safari counterpart there would not appeal to me to comment.

Papo pentaceratops is sublime is perhaps the best ceratopsid made by this brand to date far exceeding the pachyrhinosaurus and styracosaurus of the same brand. It is even better than its Schleich counterpart.

S @Syndicate Bias Thanks for downloading those videos.

Syndicate Bias

Dan

Sorry Suspsy, I did not have an unpackaged Tyrannosaurus on hand, but hopefully this helps illustrate the size of the model.

This is a relatively compact theropod figure for the line, comparable to Papo's Ceratosaurus in both size and quality. The sculptor's fine detailing is highly visible throughout the final product. The paint is well blended, and teeth are so sharply defined, it seems miraculous to have passed the EU child safety rating.

dragon53

In an earlier photo, I thought the Papo Gorgosaurus was about the same size as the Papo Allosaurus, but unfortunately, it's smaller.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on August 03, 2019, 12:37:00 AM
In an earlier photo, I thought the Papo Gorgosaurus was about the same size as the Papo Allosaurus, but unfortunately, it's smaller.

Unfortunately the gorgosaurus is much smaller than I imagined it is a very well made figure but the size ... I expected something more as for the size of Papo's gorgosaurus.  :(

SidB

Since it's a bit to the rear of the Allosaurus and allowing for the very slight enlargement of the latter due to it being closer to the lens, I'd think that the Gorgosaurus will prove to be a mite larger than it appears. Hopefully.

kreativtek

Unfortunately the new Gorgosaurus is rather small. I saw it in person earlier today at the Natural History Museum in Vienna (I was really surprised to see such a novelty there!). They didn't have the Pentaceratops but the Gorgosaurus itself was beautiful enough to keep me busy for a while.

It's really well-painted, especially compared to Brachiosaurus or Running T-Rex which look bland and less detailed (Papo really let the quality go for older figures). It is about the size of the Ceratosaurus. I took a couple of photos to show you how it stacks about some of the larger Theropods.

PhilSauria

Pity about the size of this one, perhaps Papo should market them as minis!, there's enough for a range now. That one's a pass for me.

I will be picking up the Pentaceratops after both seeing comparison images of it with the other Papo Ceratopsians and how it looks on all four (well three) feet. And for me that Spinosaurus is a must-have. I've already cleared space on the shelf next to the PNSO Spino.

suspsy

I decided awhile back that I was done with Papo, but I reckon I'd like to get the Gorgosaurus. It is a tyrannosaurid, after all. I just hope I can find it somewhere in a store as opposed to ordering it online and having to pay shipping.

The Pentaceratops is admittedly tempting as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that Papo has made such a tiny gorgosaurus judging by the photographs shown next to the tyrannosaurus and spinosaurus of the same Papo brand. What comforts me is that it is a relative of tyrannosaurus, very underestimated theropods with respect to tyrannosaurus rex and that I would like them to be represented in more detail. On the other hand it comforts me that it is a very detailed and very well painted figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: