News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atokensis

Shonisaurus

Papo's gorgosaurus is well modeled but nevertheless it is very small unfortunately. :(

Veloci

Is anyone else on the Everything Dinosaur waiting list for a Pentaceratops?

I've never been on a waiting list before. I'm refreshing my emails every day so I don't miss out

ceratopsian

Quote from: Veloci on August 09, 2019, 02:29:40 PM
Is anyone else on the Everything Dinosaur waiting list for a Pentaceratops?

I've never been on a waiting list before. I'm refreshing my emails every day so I don't miss out

I ordered very quickly so mine is already in the post. They must have had a real run on them!  But I have reserved other models with ED before and they are very efficient.

Silvanusaurus

Jeez louise ED sold out of both new papos already? Does that normally happen?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 09, 2019, 06:29:36 PM
Jeez louise ED sold out of both new papos already? Does that normally happen?

It seems a bit unusual. However they also say they are expecting more to arrive within 48 hours, so it doesn't sound a big deal.

hao_bao

Should have been a gallimimus.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Mattyonyx on August 08, 2019, 11:15:29 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum, nice to meet you all!

About the Papo Pentaceratops, aren't the feet wrong?

Welcome, nice to meet you avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx !

Yes, the front feet are incorrect.  The outer (4th) digit should not have a claw, and there should be an even smaller fifth digit.  The pad at the center of the front feet is also unlikely.  Shame they missed these details as they did much better with their Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus.

Veloci

Pentaceratops now back in stock!

Dino Scream3232

Just got in the Pentaceratops and Gorgosaurus from ED. I'm impressed with both of these models. Wish the gorgosaurus was a little bigger, but still has lots of detail for its small size. Absolutely love the Pentaceratops even though it has a couple accuracy issues. Here's the review for the Pentaceratops. Currently working on the review for the gorgosaurus. https://youtu.be/Mio7unU8Ac4

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 I congratulate you on your video, the pentaceratops together with the Papo spinosaurus limited version are the star figures of Papo from this year 2019. It is larger than one imagines the Papo triceratops is only slightly larger than the pentaceratops. I like your comparative video of Papo pentaceratops with other figures of his brand.

Dino Scream3232

Really liking this Gorgosaurus. The size is the only thing I don't like about it. The paint apps and sculpting is fantastic. Just wish there was more diversity in the 2019 line up. Anyways enjoy the review. https://youtu.be/heVrMLzFvwM

Shonisaurus

Dino Scream I have seen your video and it is true, the gorgosaurus is very small but fortunately very well painted and very detailed. The gorgosaurus looks tiny next to Papo tyrannosaurus.

Atokensis

Time to wait for that limited Spino due Sept/Oct
And then new for 2020 images around Dec

Kileskus

Gorgosaurus look beautiful, but one thing ruins a figure for me. It's too small, hard to make dioramas with other campanian dinosaurs, it would be out of scale. And it can't pass as juvenile, beacause proportions are different.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kileskus on August 23, 2019, 11:15:32 AM
Gorgosaurus look beautiful, but one thing ruins a figure for me. It's too small, hard to make dioramas with other campanian dinosaurs, it would be out of scale. And it can't pass as juvenile, beacause proportions are different.

According to you, I would prefer that Papo's gorgosaurus be made with a size similar to his tyrannosaurus rex. I support "cousins of tyrannosaurus rex" with similar size to its iconic figure. Sincerely Papo would sell much more.

Syndicate Bias

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

Hello sorry to ask but is there any updates regarding the Papo Spinosaurus? I saw that it can be expected as early as september but just wanted to to double check. Thanks!

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 27, 2019, 12:54:09 AM

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

Hello sorry to ask but is there any updates regarding the Papo Spinosaurus? I saw that it can be expected as early as september but just wanted to to double check. Thanks!

The Papo Spinosaurus has been delayed until October 2019.  Here is a recent blog post from us explaining the current position: Papo Spinosaurus Update.  We have a meeting with Papo senior managemenet scheduled for early September, we hope to have an update at this meeting.  If we have additional information we will post it up on the Everything Dinosaur blog site and on our Facebook page.  Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: