News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Yes, no room for optimism now, at least as far as scaling up well with the Papo T-rexes. Oh well, guess I'll have to enjoy it on its own merits.

Atokensis

Found these on a papo facebook group..

Shonisaurus

Papo's pentaceratops looks great, even larger or at least more bulky than its Schleich counterpart, as shown by the Rupi Bolz video that Sydicate Bias showed us. The gorgosaurus is a beautiful sculpture well detailed and beautifully sculpted and painted. I suppose that in Spain and in my Museum Shop they will be available for after the summer and I can say the same about the prehistoric animals of Collecta, apart from the two exclusive spinosaurus limited version of Papo that I reserve to urzeitshop and everythingdinosaur.

In short, Papo's pentaceratops and gorgosaurus are much better than their repainted allosaurus and tyrannosaurus rex from Papo 2019 by far.

PrimevalRaptor

The Gorgosaurus still has a bit of a wonky pose to me but man they really knocked it out of the park with those two!
The Pentaceratops is just absolutely gorgeous, really gotta get my hands on that one.

Ravonium

Fun bit of trivia for any scale nerds; the Gorgosaurus is the first ever standard-sized theropod Papo has made that is <1:40 no matter what length estimate you use (accounting for the head curvature, their original Spinosaurus is ~1:40 if the lowest length estimate is used).

Killekor

I honestly still like the Papo gorgasaurus, despite of it's small size.
From what I understood it's big as the feathered velociraptor, right?
Anyways, any news of the Spinosaurus?

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

They said that Papo spinosaurus would be available in September / October. I have Mike in charge of everythingdinosaur and Miromimus of urzeitshop. Although I go on summer vacations in September I hope both spinosaurus figures keep me (I want to have two figures of that impressive semi-aquatic theropod). I hope you remember that I have this beauty in charge in each of your stores. For me it is even comparable in genius to the spinosaurus of PNSO, Schleich, Collecta and also Safari (although that figure for me is the weakest in the Safari 2019 group).

I wish I had the spinosaurus soon or at least buy it in advance from urzeitshop and everythingdinosaur.

DragonRider02

Both Penta and Gorgo are avaiable at EverythingDinosaur!

SidB

Thanks! I put my order in, right away.

Atokensis

Placing my order tonight, thanks!

Placed.

PhilSauria

None of those Papos available here in Australia yet (what a suprise), but I'll be snapping up that Penta when it does but maybe not the Gorgo.

The Spino will be ordered on sight! and I'd place it up there with the PNSO in terms of quality. I promised myself I'd pick up all of the Spinos released this year but I'm really not so sure about the Safari Ltd, have to say that it really looks like a toy next to the others.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Atokensis

Shonisaurus

avatar_Atokensis @Atokensis Thanks for the videos and in my language. Very cool figures are the pentaceratops and the gorgosaurus of Papo.

dragon53

"The Incredible Shrinking Gorgosaurus"......the Papo Gorgosaurus looks smaller with every new image of it. :o

tanystropheus

Gorgosaurus was relatively small compared to the T-rex (granted this would be an appropriate size for an adolescent):

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tyrannosauridae_Size_Diagram_by_PaleoGeek.svg

suspsy

Papo has never been great with scale. Like Gorgosaurus, Carnotaurus was roughly the same size as Allosaurus, yet look at their toys. Me, I'm happy to have a Gorgosaurus that won't take up too much space on the shelf.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Can't believe it's almost over. Soon enough we will find out what the next figures will be in a few months.

Mattyonyx

Hello, I'm new to the forum, nice to meet you all!

About the Papo Pentaceratops, aren't the feet wrong?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: