News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

I have a feeling we might be dissapointed again this year but you know what? I bet my last bill that we will get some new repaints that I can guarantee  ; :P

SidB

I'd like to see the triceratops get a dynamic, new repaint, maybe somewhat along the lines of their Pentaceratops. It's long overdue.

Syndicate Bias

Jesus christ the Mexican and guatemalan distributors are more obsessed with Papo one of them even has a spino skull key chain i think that will come with whoever orders from them.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1465373880433040?view=permalink&id=2216611561975931&anchor_composer=false

I also asked BigBadToyStore for any updates regarding the Spinosaurus for anyone in the U.S looking for the cheapest possible price for it with that $4 flat rate shipping. Will update if something comes up they did tell me more Papos will come soon within the weeks.

Also for anyone who may not have accessed Baidu or link is broken to the Spino here.

Comparison shot

Shonisaurus

The painted colors of the original figure differ with respect to the prototype are much darker. As for the teeth they are less detailed in the figure that will be marketed soon comparing it with the figure they showed us of the prototype. I thought that his painting and details would be as bright as his pentaceratops and gorgosaurus and his repainting as well as the stegosaurus repainting prototype.

Duna

I see it lighter and more like the promo pic, in the pic with the real figure in the box, than in the comparison pic of "the same" pic with the figure cut ... Gosh, the tail looks almost black and it's not like that in the real figure ...  ::)

Duna

PumperKrickel

Yeah, the comparison shot is noticeably darker and the colors look washed out. The paint job itself looks near identical to the promo shots.

Shonisaurus

Well, hopefully the painting of the spinosaurus is the same as the promotional photographs is for me the figure of Papo one of the most anticipated this year, in double games (urzeitshop, everythingdinosaur). I would not wish to take a disappointment with the figure.

Syndicate Bias

Honestly the Spino seems good to me to seriously think that mass produced figures will ever be exactly like their promotional shots is a little nit picky. Either way it's extremely close to me. Even Rebor has differing quality that is hard to see unless you have a new model vs an older one aka the Acrocanthosaurus that released a while back vs getting it now. They have two distinct features with the orange and subtleness of it and how charcoaly it is.

PhilSauria

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Duna on November 13, 2019, 01:11:51 PM
I see it lighter and more like the promo pic, in the pic with the real figure in the box, than in the comparison pic of "the same" pic with the figure cut ... Gosh, the tail looks almost black and it's not like that in the real figure ...  ::)

Yes... that's how shadows work.

Duna

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on November 14, 2019, 07:20:43 AM

It's not about the shadows, in the comparison shot ALL the pic is darker, even the lighter areas (head, fin, body, teeth ...). And is not so dark ...

Shonisaurus

I hope that the spinosaurus will be marketed before I go on a Christmas vacation with my father and my relatives on December 18 and that Mike from everythingdinosaur will reserve a copy for me until January 1 of next year I will not be at my address and maybe it is the last figure I bought for a long period of time. Papo don't let me down for the umpteenth time and sell the spinosaurus soon!

By the way, when will they market Eofauna atlasaurus? They said it would be in early November and we are already in mid-November. I know it does not belong to the forum but to give an example at least Papo I hope he does not do that task and before January 17 he sells his figure in everythingdinosaur.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Duna on November 14, 2019, 02:55:39 PM
Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on November 14, 2019, 07:20:43 AM

It's not about the shadows, in the comparison shot ALL the pic is darker, even the lighter areas (head, fin, body, teeth ...). And is not so dark ...

Oh I see what you mean. I thought you were talking just about the tail, but yeah even the sail and the rest are darker. My mistake.

stargatedalek

The image was just accidentally darkened in whatever program they used to crop it. Not a big deal.

Syndicate Bias

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1373404679377619?view=permalink&id=2782396571811749

Theres a video of where the Spino picture came from. It grazes right over it at the very end wonder if that's a store or papo's own office.

Ceratosaurus

In case anyone hasn't seen the video Everything Dinosaur posted. (ETA Dec 10th)

https://youtu.be/MG1XjxfPBKc
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

MLMjp

I think I will order the non-box version. As cool as it would be to have it since its a limited edition, that box is freaking huge and the shipping cost will be high like everythingdinosaur says. And I have other things to buy since its Christmas season. Also space reasons...

Duna

I CAN'T WAIT!  :D :D It's almost here ...

Syndicate Bias

I canr wait for that Giganotosaurus limited Edition model coming 2020  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: