News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utd7

We should be seeing news on Papo's 2020 releases soon right?
We live in a Jurassic World

Flaffy

Quote from: utd7 on November 27, 2019, 03:17:19 PM
We should be seeing news on Papo's 2020 releases soon right?
Been wondering that myself. December is fast approaching and still no news.

Syndicate Bias

I wouldn't start worrying until next week. It is a bit odd that nothing has come yet as previous years we have been able to see well before December. I'd ask R @Reptilia since he's usually the first one to know but he hasn't been around lately. Baidu is dry too so there's that.

Shonisaurus

The revelation of Papo 2020 figures (news) may be delayed until mid or late December. I am honestly not at all worried, especially when it took a year to reveal the new dinosaur figures until the end / beginning of the year, I remember that it was Papo's pachyrhinosaurus if I remember correctly.

I believe that despite everything Papo is a brand that has good economic health within what fits.

Shonisaurus

In urzeitshop.de you can preorder the Papo spinosaurus limited edition.

The payment of the spinosaurus limited version of Papo already made it to Miron I made it on August 21 of this year. I only have to wait until I arrive at my home together with the atlasaurus and deinotherium of Eofauna.  ^-^

dragon53

Does Everything Dinosaur have a shipping estimate in their checkout so a customer can get an estimate on the shipping cost to the US?
I didn't see one on the ED website.

I'm trying to compare ED's price of £34.99 vs. Happy Hen's $59.99 plus shipping in the US.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: dragon53 on November 29, 2019, 02:21:53 PM
Does Everything Dinosaur have a shipping estimate in their checkout so a customer can get an estimate on the shipping cost to the US?

I'm trying to compare ED's price of £34.99 vs. Happy Hen's $59.99 plus shipping in the US.

Try checking out the Papo Brachiosaurus for a rough estimate of what you should expect it to be around

Dan

Syndicate Bias

Jesus that was way earlier than expected  ???

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 29, 2019, 02:21:53 PM

I'm thinking it would be about the same as the figure? but don't quote me on that.  Dan's shipping was 16.95 for the East Coast of the U.S. if needed.

dragon53

SHONISAURUS:

Thanks for the info. Using the Papo Brachiosaurus, the cheapest shipping to Houston, TX, US is International Standard Shipping which is 15.6 pounds sterling. Added to the Spinosaurus price of 34.99 pounds sterling is 50.59 pound sterling which is about $65.46.

Faelrin

I'm definitely thinking about getting it from Happy Hen toys. That free shipping over $100 is just too good not to pass up with something like this, especially as it means I can throw on a few other figures alongside it. The only issue is I'm now going to need to wait until the end of December for the funds. Hopefully it'll still be in stock by then.

S @Syndicate Bias Just as I was about to link it, you beat me to posting it, lol. Price is $53.99 if anyone is curious.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Faelrin on November 29, 2019, 07:51:16 PM
I'm definitely thinking about getting it from Happy Hen toys. That free shipping over $100 is just too good not to pass up with something like this, especially as it means I can throw on a few other figures alongside it. The only issue is I'm now going to need to wait until the end of December for the funds. Hopefully it'll still be in stock by then.

S @Syndicate Bias Just as I was about to link it, you beat me to posting it, lol. Price is $53.99 if anyone is curious.

funnily enough I had bought my Spino from them 4 hours ago when they emailed me about it. Speaking of which someone on FB has in hand pics so I'll post those soon

One thing though...the paint app is umm it's not exactly anything close to the prototype and by thst i mean papo usually has a very close match with their dinossurs to the prototypes so this worries me a bit. Made me rethink about getting two so I just got one...

My order just shipped   :))
That was fast HappyHenToys is on it!
Also it was about $68 or so total for me for just the Spino including shipping

Duna

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 29, 2019, 08:00:38 PM
One thing though...the paint app is umm it's not exactly anything close to the prototype and by thst i mean papo usually has a very close match with their dinossurs to the prototypes so this worries me a bit. Made me rethink about getting two so I just got one...

Yes, I've noticed the same. The pictures of HappyHenToys figure differ quite a lot from the first prototype, which colors were as richer as Pentaceratops (which is a work of art).

But the one that Mike has on Ed video, is painted different, more like the prototype, but still not as good. Either way, I really like it a lot.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I saw Happy Hen's on stock pics..the paint certainly took a nosedive. Almost feels like a knockoff of the original.  That seam under the tail looks pretty obvious too.   Also the box is HUGE and seems much larger than needed?

Shonisaurus

It seems that the colors of the Papo 2019 spinosaurus limited edition are not as rich as those of the prototype. Anyway, his figure is outstanding. I can't stop thinking about that exceptional figure and masterpiece.

What is frustrating that they put first a wonderful and retouched photograph of the prototype and then the real figure varies completely and unfortunately the spinosaurus does not coincide with the prototype as for example if it has happened (fortunately) with its pentaceratops and gorgosaurus being figures on the part de Papo 2019 cheaper and less luxuriously presented.

Faelrin

S @Syndicate Bias That really isn't too bad at all, though I remain hopeful I can get it with a bunch of other figures I'm behind on (such as the CollectA Edaphosaurus, etc).

Yeah a shame about the paint job looking that way (especially on the sail), but I'm sure this will still be impressive to have in person, if not at least on the sheer size of it.

Here's a pic of it in the box (from Happy Hen toys):

It looks a little bit better to me in this image, but it is pretty clear the quality of the paint application has been reduced. I wonder why this is, but then again I suppose this isn't the first time this has happened either.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Darn, I caved and bought it on HappyHenToys (I can't see that name and not think of Toy Story 2). Thanks guys for the link.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just seems a lot of wasted paper and plastic in that box.  The older Carnegie and Battat figures were more economical. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: