News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Minizoo now has the Gorgosaurus and Pentaceratops in stock for $34.99 and $39.99 AUS respectively.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Brocc21

Man, when I first saw that Gorgasaurus I wasn't a fan. It looks clunky, oddly positioned, and just awkward. But now I have it. And it's really growing on me. If your curious, I'd definitely pick it up.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

SidB

Agreed - there's an amazing amount of detail packed into quite a mall figure.

Syndicate Bias

Dans Dinos has updated their Spino info. As of 9/9/19 it's 60 USD so assuming shipping is the same as their normal rate its gonna be 76 dollars.

As far as HappyHenToys they are at 60 as well

Everything Dinosaur I'm not sure but even if they're higher because I'm in the U.S I'll still buy from them since I have mine reserved with them I have a feeling everyone might sell out fast

Faelrin

I wonder who's going to have the cheapest shipping. I'm still wondering when this thing is going to go up for sale. I'm probably going to have to pass on it if hits in October, due to the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian kickstarter ending then, and of course Mattel's Jurassic World Legacy Collection Brachiosaurus is to be released at Target finally, and my Amber Collection figure pre-orders are expected to ship then. I'm only going to be able to afford so much in such a short period of time, especially if it's going for $60 now. If I can't afford it and will need to pass on it (which will be rather unfortunate, as I've been wanting this big bad Spinosaurus for a while now, since it was revealed), but I'll live without it, if it comes down to that, since thankfully there have been other really good models of this made lately (such as Schleich's surprisingly), and there's also still the Rebor one that has yet to release too.

Edit: Well I saw that Happy Hen toys has the shipping rates here: https://www.happyhentoys.com/info.html

I might just get mine from them, and if I can afford it, I'd probably order more figures alongside it to take advantage of the free shipping, probably the Acrocanthosaurus (orange) and Dimetrodon that I've been wanting for a while now and been behind on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2019, 10:54:19 PM
I wonder who's going to have the cheapest shipping. I'm still wondering when this thing is going to go up for sale. I'm probably going to have to pass on it if hits in October, due to the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian kickstarter ending then, and of course Mattel's Jurassic World Legacy Collection Brachiosaurus is to be released at Target finally, and my Amber Collection figure pre-orders are expected to ship then. I'm only going to be able to afford so much in such a short period of time, especially if it's going for $60 now. If I can't afford it and will need to pass on it (which will be rather unfortunate, as I've been wanting this big bad Spinosaurus for a while now, since it was revealed), but I'll live without it, if it comes down to that, since thankfully there have been other really good models of this made lately (such as Schleich's surprisingly), and there's also still the Rebor one that has yet to release too.

Not really sure tbh everyone seems to be around the same price so it's definitely an expensive figure

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 14, 2019, 12:35:31 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on September 10, 2019, 10:54:19 PM

Not really sure tbh everyone seems to be around the same price so it's definitely an expensive figure

saw it was 15" ?  thats pretty big..taller and longer than the brachio

Syndicate Bias

I think the Brachio will remain the tallest but the spino will definitely be the longer one of the two. Not sure if it will beat the apatosaurus but its possible.

I wonder if it'll be released early October one can only hope. It's almost time for the rumours to start popping up about the 2020 releases hopefully but most unlikely the Giganotosaurus will finally become a reality or...not lol

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias We must not lose hope. I have faith that 2020 will be the year of the giganotosaurus, I may be wrong but Papo I think it will market a giganotosaurus that South American theropod has become a fashion figure in almost all other brands of toy dinosaurs and collection companies (resin).

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2019, 08:54:04 AM
S @Syndicate Bias We must not lose hope. I have faith that 2020 will be the year of the giganotosaurus, I may be wrong but Papo I think it will market a giganotosaurus that South American theropod has become a fashion figure in almost all other brands of toy dinosaurs and collection companies (resin).

Fixed it for ya buddy  ;)

I hope so I want a Giga gang of all brands that i like.

Does anyone have any idea of where to find the link to Mr.Seo's mention of a Giga by any chance? R @Reptilia maybe?

Reptilia probably knows we are getting the Papo Giga this year he's got all the insider scoops on Papo.

Still waiting for that Papo Spino  :(

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias Of course Papo is being a very irregular company first said that in June and have been postponing now in October we still do not know if at the end of October in the best case they will commercialize Papo spinosaurus. The Papo brand is quite informal at the time of delivery of its products. In my nation the repainted stegosaurus, pentaceratops and gorgosaurus have been marketed last Saturday. With that I say everything.  :-\

Concavenator

I think that the Eofauna Deinotherium and Atlasaurus, which were announced in August will be released before the Spino,which was announced 6 months earlier  ;D

Syndicate Bias

https://youtu.be/JcqehP0r6to

Scroll down to the comment section

Someone mentioned a second paint app but I must've missed it because I never read anything posted by ED about two versions being released at the same time.

I will have to go back and read their articles again just to make sure but just in case avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur is this true or just someone spreading false information?

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 05, 2019, 11:24:09 PM
https://youtu.be/JcqehP0r6to

Scroll down to the comment section

Someone mentioned a second paint app but I must've missed it because I never read anything posted by ED about two versions being released at the same time.

I will have to go back and read their articles again just to make sure but just in case avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur is this true or just someone spreading false information?

At Everything Dinosaur we are not aware of any second colour variant of the Papo Spinosaurus figure.  We have not been informed.  Like every other dinosaur model collector at the moment, just seeing one version and getting it into stock would make our day.

Concavenator

Everything Dinosaur has stated that the Spinosaurus has been delayed until December of 2019.

Syndicate Bias

well i guess there is always papo 2020 line up

Faelrin

Well better delayed then canceled I guess. At least now I don't need to worry about trying to afford it along with everything else this month as is (especially with the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceratopsian series ending next week and I already pledged over $200).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Well, it will be a good Christmas present then. Also this helps in organizing some expenses.

Syndicate Bias

Guess I'll go ahead and get the Carcharodontosaurus skull then. Might pick up the papo gorgosaurus as well

BBTS has caught up to the papo figures. If they also have that nice 4 dollar flat rate shipping that will make them the go to for U.S aside from HenToys and Amazon

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Papo+Dinosaurs&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

Shonisaurus

Is Papo spinosaurus limited edition now, is it delayed until December 2019? Sincerely Papo is playing with the feelings of people and collectors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: