News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerbesSchuhwerk

I am wondering if its the upper jaw of the Gorgosaurus, thats actually moving. It appears so.

hao_bao

Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 07, 2018, 03:30:51 PM
I would love to see the 3 point stance of the Pentaceratops. The position of the tail looks like it would be bended upwards in a weird way but until I see it I can't judge.

Why not just rotate the image? Lol

Saurox

The pentaceratops and Gorgosaurus I will definitely get.

I'm not a fan of the repainted stegosaurs or Allosaurus and I've already got a brown running T.  rex, ( the superior one rather than this airbrushed cop out).

Hopefully we get one more 'pièce de résistance' for us all (hopefully a Carcharadontosaurus or giganatosaurus).

Flaffy

Quote from: hao_bao on December 07, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 07, 2018, 03:30:51 PM
I would love to see the 3 point stance of the Pentaceratops. The position of the tail looks like it would be bended upwards in a weird way but until I see it I can't judge.

Why not just rotate the image? Lol
Because the end result will be the Pentaceratops in that horrible pose, but simple rotated.
The single image doesn't give enough information as to how the figure looks when in it's alternate quad pose.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Sentry on December 07, 2018, 07:37:13 PM
The pentaceratops and Gorgosaurus I will definitely get.

I'm not a fan of the repainted stegosaurs or Allosaurus and I've already got a brown running T.  rex, ( the superior one rather than this airbrushed cop out).

Hopefully we get one more 'pièce de résistance' for us all (hopefully a Carcharadontosaurus or giganatosaurus).

Im honestly hoping for a Carcharodontosaurus.

Atokensis

Same, I hoping for either a Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus. If there's going to be more models, that is.

dragon53

Papo released more than two all-new dinosaurs in 2018, so I'm hoping there will be at least one more for 2019----the long-rumored Giganotosaurus. :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: dragon53 on December 07, 2018, 11:39:12 PM
Papo released more than two all-new dinosaurs in 2018, so I'm hoping there will be at least one more for 2019----the long-rumored Giganotosaurus. :)

What if they release another derpy looking Neanderthal (perhaps, in a different hue to encourage diversity) instead...?

Shonisaurus

Honestly if Papo reveals another novelty for 2019 I would not mind a giganotosaurus, carcharodontosaurus or a mapusaurus. A theropod of the carcharodontosaurid species would be great.  :)

Zhuchengotyrant

Too bad the Penta is in such a bad pose, I was so excited.  :-\
-Zhuchengotyrant

Atokensis

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 08, 2018, 12:33:24 AM
Too bad the Penta is in such a bad pose, I was so excited.  :-\

It can also go on all fours into a ramming pose from what I've heard. Just have to wait for some pictures. ;)

japfeif

Definitely not a fan of the pose of the Pentaceratops, although I'm happy they even made a figure of the animal. I know folks are saying it can be posed either upright or on all fours but I can't imagine that would look good...I'd think the back feet would aim backward since they are currently in a standing position. Oh well..we will see.
I would really like to see Papo have done a few other "classic" dinos rather than repaints of existing figures...I know everyone and their dog is on the "I want a Giganotosaurus from each company" bandwagon right now but I'd rather see some well-known but vastly under-represented species produced from Papo, like Corythosaurus or Lambeosaurus (and a much-needed updated Parasaurolophus), Protoceratops, Centrosaurus, etc., and some non-dinos like Sphenacodon, Diplocaulus, Moschops, and the like. Just my two pennies' worth!

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on December 07, 2018, 04:18:37 PM
I am wondering if its the upper jaw of the Gorgosaurus, thats actually moving. It appears so.
Nope. Bottom jaw like all their other theropods. You can tell in the link by the two pictures.
https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/719-gorgosaurus.html
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Reptilia

If you guys want to keep on fantasizing about other stuff to come after Papo officially announced their novelties, well that's fine. But then just don't be disappointed if nothing happens. Someone should rather ask Paladinos Mexico what they were talking about when they named Gallimimus, Camarasaurus and a Maiasaura with nest! Maybe they have some exclusive info regarding work in progress stuff, and they were simply guessing on what could be released.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on December 08, 2018, 01:52:39 PM
If you guys want to keep on fantasizing about other stuff to come after Papo officially announced their novelties, well that's fine. But then just don't be disappointed if nothing happens. Someone should rather ask Paladinos Mexico what they were talking about when they named Gallimimus, Camarasaurus and a Maiasaura with nest! Maybe they have some exclusive info regarding work in progress stuff, and they were simply guessing on what could be released.

Totally agree with you R @Reptilia . I have the certainty (the evidence shows) that Papo for 2019 will not reveal more news of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. Dreaming is free but the reality is reality and for now we already have this year two magnificent new figures (from my point of view) by Papo: the gorgosaurus and the pentaceratops there are plenty of reasons to celebrate.

Honestly should not give false hope certain forums outside of DTF of nonexistent news or that they are going to publish new figures of prehistoric animals by Papo. This year the news is reduced to two more the three beautiful novelties of brown tyrannosaurus painting running (although unfortunately it is identical to the exclusive model that cost so much effort and money) and allosaurus and stegosaurus (these last two painted in a way outstanding artistic).

Sincerely this year is limited to five figures and honestly should leave Paladinos Mexico to give false hope.

It is comparable in giving a false hope that the lottery will surely touch you and you will win billions of dollars / euros / yen for putting a metaphorical example and then that reality does not exist, or for example they tell you about that you are going to be cured of an incurable disease. With all the respect and affection that I have for Paladinos Mexico, you should not play with the feeling of the people, not only of the collectors, but also of the children and the younger people. Give unfounded illusions and you know that they are not going to materialize we should never realize.

Another thing is to dream and have illusions in which such an extinct animal figure is going to be made, such as the forums that we have of hopes for 2020 on a certain toy brand.

Ceratosaurus

Not saying it's gonna happen again but I wanted to point out that last year they revealed their Compsognathus, Acrocanthosaurus (repaint) and Quetzalcoatlus well after their initial reveal for their Juvenile Spinosaurus, Caveman (repaint), Therizinosaurus, Iguanodon and Amargasaurus.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

dragon53

In the SpinoDude video, at 3:00 elapsed time, he says that if 2019 will be like 2018, Papo might be releasing a second batch of new dinosaurs.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXkcDZ7nNVk

Jose S.M.

If there's going to be another batch is just especulation right now. I honestly never thought the Camarasaurus, Gallimimus and Maisaura rumors were a sure thing and still not. And wasn't a Brazilian shop the one that spread that rumor? Not Paladinos.

terrorchicken

the penta's pose doesn't look bad when placed next to the gorgo as if recreating an attack scene  The problem is that its the only way to make the figure's stance not look ridiculous.

utd7

Why has ED not posted an article on their site regarding the future 2019 PAPO models yet?
We live in a Jurassic World

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: