News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If the Pentaceratops looks okay on all fours, and it doesn't have claws on all its fingers then I am interested. None of the others are interesting to me. I don't like their T. rex or Stegosaurus anyway, or the Allosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Saurox

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 09, 2018, 03:44:16 PM
If the Pentaceratops looks okay on all fours, and it doesn't have claws on all its fingers then I am interested. None of the others are interesting to me. I don't like their T. rex or Stegosaurus anyway, or the Allosaurus.

The repaints are definitely the least impressive for some time.

Atokensis

I might get the Gorgo, but I'm definitely getting the Penta. That's about it (considering there won't be anymore for 2019).

tanystropheus

Quote from: Atokensis on December 10, 2018, 12:54:55 AM
(considering there won't be anymore for 2019).

Is there any confirmation about this? Papo has been doing multiple batches for years!

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 10, 2018, 03:19:21 AM
Quote from: Atokensis on December 10, 2018, 12:54:55 AM
(considering there won't be anymore for 2019).

Is there any confirmation about this? Papo has been doing multiple batches for years!

None. I'm okay assuming they'll put out more than 2 new sculpts.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Well ED hasnt said anything yet and if the 2019 releases are already leaked you'd think they wouuldve been given the green light to show off but they haven't.  Its qorth asking any of those retailers why without them revealing much

Andreioli

Here's the 2019 Papo catalogue:
https://www.papo-france.com/upload/catalogue-PAPO-2019.pdf

No other novelties  :-\

Tupuxuara is still in, but there's no Dimorphodon.
Also, the original Allosaurus color version is missing.

Atokensis

Not looking good for the idea that there will be more new figures for 2019. Also funny thing is last night I had a dream that it was a Protoceratops and Megatherium lol.

I guess the original Allosaurus color is being replaced, so the old one will become discontinued and rare. Either that or they just forgot to put it on the catalog.

darylj

Playing with the image, I think the penta will look great on all fours!!!

Atokensis

Quote from: darylj on December 10, 2018, 09:47:13 PM
Playing with the image, I think the penta will look great on all fours!!!

I picture that its head would be facing down, tail pointing up and one foot lifted up in the air. :P

Reptilia

Quote from: Atokensis on December 10, 2018, 09:22:52 PM
Not looking good for the idea that there will be more new figures for 2019.

Well, simply means there won't be any other new figure for 2019. Updated site and 2019 catalogue are enough of a proof, don't they?

I guess the original Allosaurus color is being replaced, so the old one will become discontinued and rare. Either that or they just forgot to put it on the catalog.

If it's not on the catalogue it's being discontinued, they didn't just forget to put it in there.

So Everything Dinosaur was wrong, Tupuxuara isn't retired. The models retired are the original Allosaurus, the Archaeopteryx, the purple running T-Rex and the Dimorphodon. I'm surprised the Dimorphodon is getting dismissed so quickly, thought its JW design to be commercially appealing for the general public. And I don't understand why they axed the original Allosaurus but not the Stegosaurus.

Giganotosaurus, see ya in 2020.

Shonisaurus

Now that everything is clarified about the dinosaur novelties of Papo 2018, I wonder when the real measurements of gorgosaurus and pentaceratops will reveal to us. The gorgosaurus seems small-medium in size but the pentaceratops seems to be made to a medium-large size.

On the other hand the figure that I like most of the repainted is the great repainting of the spinosaurus, followed by the stegosaurus. Finally I leave the running tyrannosaurus brown, brilliant sculpture but that is identical to the special version that Papo launched in 2012. If I had known I would not have bought the brown rex tyrannosaurus running especially when Papo has taken it as a more collectible figure. For me it is frustrating.

A dinosaur that cost me 100 euros will now cost 35 euros or maybe less.

In any case it has been a successful year for Papo. I regret that there are few figures for the members of DTF who were excited / excited but honestly suppose an economic relief for my portfolio, aspect that I celebrate. With these two marvels of gorgosaurus and pentaceratops I am quite satisfied apart from the three repainted.

Atokensis

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 10, 2018, 10:11:51 PM
but honestly suppose an economic relief for my portfolio, aspect that I celebrate.

I understand and share your sentiment, Shonisaurus. I still have to catch up with a few old releases, especially from the last couple of years, so having only two new to get makes things easier. And cheaper too.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 10, 2018, 10:43:51 PM
Quote from: Atokensis on December 10, 2018, 10:13:28 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on December 10, 2018, 10:10:16 PM

Giganotosaurus, see ya in 2020.

or 2030. :D

I second this

Or surely Papo will never perform said giganotosaurus, my same feelings as the rest of the members of DTF.

Halichoeres

Might go for that Gorgosaurus. It's funny, the only upside, in my mind, to articulated jaws is that you can close the mouth. But with a pose like this a closed mouth makes it look even more excretory, so you have to leave the mouth open, and then what good is the articulation? Still, a definite step up from the old 2004 Safari Gorgosaurus.

I dunno, it was in production for 10 solid years, I doubt it will ever be rare. I'm sure somebody will try to sell it for $60 on eBay but it will probably always be easy to find secondhand.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

I honestly think that Giganotosaurus would be Too simalar to Acrocanthosaurus for Papo.    So Im not holding my breath for one any time soon.

Syndicate Bias

Well, i can at least hope for a Concavenator from them, they did do a Gorgosaurus and that alone should be enough hope for something similar

Acro's comics

I wonder if sales have impacted on the number of releases :( 2 new sculpts is disappointing. I can only hope that the 're-release' of the brown running t rex isn't papo's statement model ala Theriznosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Baryonyx, of previous years, but i fear it might be.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: