News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I don't know how reliable Wikipedia is,but an updated Deinonychus antirrhopus and an Einiosaurus procurvicornis would do very nicely if they are what the 2013 releases are going to be for the Carnegie Collection. :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on August 18, 2012, 08:23:27 PM
I don't know how reliable Wikipedia is,but an updated Deinonychus antirrhopus and an Einiosaurus procurvicornis would do very nicely if they are what the 2013 releases are going to be for the Carnegie Collection. :D

If that's the last that's been referenced before, that Wikipedia entry is not an article--it's some random person's guesses.  Carnegie/Safari never releases information that early, or like that.

John

Quote from: SBell on August 18, 2012, 08:37:39 PM
Quote from: John on August 18, 2012, 08:23:27 PM

If that's the last that's been referenced before, that Wikipedia entry is not an article--it's some random person's guesses.  Carnegie/Safari never releases information that early, or like that.
What the 2013 Carnegie Collection model or models will end up being will probably not be what anyone is expecting (except for maybe you shop owners who will see lists long before the rest of us will).It's too early to see anything yet anyway,because suppose we see a clay prototype of say,the Einiosaurus (I do not have any idea what is planned,the Einiosaurus is just a name I pulled out of my hat!),and that one ends up being held over for a 2014 release or they decide not to release it at all?That would be extremely disappionting.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Tyrannosaurid lover

*orthocone* *orthocone*
Oops sorry I didnt notice that Edmonto, but seryusli is too much like an action figure.
I'll like to se it more natural, not like this or the WwD toys xD
The Dilophosaurus of papo ... Mmm I'll like to see it like the jurassic park
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on August 18, 2012, 09:05:12 PM
*orthocone* *orthocone*
Oops sorry I didnt notice that Edmonto, but seryusli is too much like an action figure.

Um..well..they're all figures really.  The sculpt isn't bad at all, active looking not stationary like the WWD figures. The paint is typical Safari..so it could use some washes or a repaint..otherwise it's fine really.  Maybe you should have a look at Angie's Shapeway hadrosaurs..I think they are still available.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2012, 09:36:18 PM
*orthocone* *orthocone*

Um..well..they're all figures really.  The sculpt isn't bad at all, active looking not stationary like the WWD figures. The paint is typical Safari..so it could use some washes or a repaint..otherwise it's fine really.  Maybe you should have a look at Angie's Shapeway hadrosaurs..I think they are still available.

This is why I don't contribute to these threads. ::)

But I have to say, in conversation with professionals in the industry, this type of thinking is actually hurting the effect collectors have on decisions.  It has been described as trying to satisfy people that want movie monsters (JP wasn't the example I was given, but it is the same feeling), with less regard to actually representing the living animals (as best as we know, at the time, all the associated caveats, etc.). The planners and sculptors would rather develop lines based on improved knowledge (even if not everyone likes the result) in order to provide something play-worthy, educational and collectible. So they work more with published works, scientists and retail professionals--good work will be collected no matter what.

Don't mean to put a damper on things, but people should be aware that the things they say in public are read--and noticed. For good or bad.

juju1305

Here are my two cents  ^-^

Carnegie

Stegosaurus: time for a figure that is as good (or even better) than the exceptionnal miragaia
Apatosaurus: time for a redo of the good old one
Concavenator: nothing original here, other members have pointed this one out as well

Safari

Suchomimus: cool spinosaurid, needs a redo
Edaphosaurus: not that many around, classic animal
Basilosaurus: not many figures either, I would love to have one
Centrosaurus: I would love one :)
Barosaurus: would be a nice sauropod to have

Bullyland

overall: stop making posable jaws, they are terrible.
Kentrosaurus: could fit well with the German museum feel of the brand since Berlin has one.
Dakosaurus: same as above with the Stuttgart museum displaying fossils and a huge reproduction
Ceratosaurus: classic theropod

Schleich

Edmontosaurus
Dilophosaurus
I don't expect much from them anymore  :-[

Papo

Carnotaurus: this would be awesome
Diplodocus or apatosaurus: another sauropod after the brachio would be great
Dimetrodon: with Papo being into classic species, it will come out at some point
Ichtyosaurus: would be the third marine reptile of the pack, hopefully without a swan neck ;)
Dilophosaurus: it will come out eventually, but please no frill!
Please Papo teams if you read us, get some scientific consultancy! Accurate figures with that level of details would put you MILES ahead of the pack...

CollectA

Standard figures:
family figures: oviraptor nest, laellynasaura family, Archaeopteryx
dead animals: dead sauropod, dead stegosaurid, dead edmontosaurus
Velociraptor: feathered and the current ones are really ugly
T-rex: with the failed attempt this year, we might be in for another one
Tuojiangosaurus: one of the stegosaurids missing in the line
Titanis or gastornis: would be the first terror bird in their line.
Chalicotherium: not often made, would be great to see
Quetzalcoatlus with prey in beak
Ophtalmosaurus or ichtyosaurus: no ichtyosaur in their already well populated marine reptiles line, this will change.

Deluxe figures:
Daspletosaurus: would only be the second tyrannosaurid in the deluxe line.
Carcharodontosaurus or giganotosaurus: badly missing in the deluxe line
Allosaurus: could also join the deluxe line
triceratops: based on the 1/15 model (would make sense since t-rex exists in both 1/40 and 1/15)

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: SBell on August 18, 2012, 10:10:04 PM
*orthocone* *orthocone*

But I have to say, in conversation with professionals in the industry, this type of thinking is actually hurting the effect collectors have on decisions.  It has been described as trying to satisfy people that want movie monsters (JP wasn't the example I was given, but it is the same feeling), with less regard to actually representing the living animals (as best as we know, at the time, all the associated caveats, etc.). The planners and sculptors would rather develop lines based on improved knowledge (even if not everyone likes the result) in order to provide something play-worthy, educational and collectible. So they work more with published works, scientists and retail professionals--good work will be collected no matter what.

Don't mean to put a damper on things, but people should be aware that the things they say in public are read--and noticed. For good or bad.

Well, what do yo say its true, but to me the Dilophosaurus in jurassic park was great, I mean I know that is one of the most cientific acurrateds ever, but I love it, I mean I dont wana see pepole with ... mm Jp /// toys xD, That movie show us a new experiences abuot Jp, and it was a epic fail.
Just look at the final scene in TLW, couples, herds and gruops of dinosaurs doing natural things.

Also with the Edmonto Ill like to se him like passing around, with a foot apoint to stomp in the ground but still dosent touch it, with the head like seeing front, but with the alive look of the tail and back moving
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Seijun on August 18, 2012, 08:40:28 AM
Dear carnegie and safari. More hadrosaurs please. And NOT ones that look like they are about to be lunch.
Yes, please. And I'd extend the wish to the other companies, too. We are severely lacking in good hadrosaurs.

Quote from: Dan on August 18, 2012, 07:27:37 PM
Hm, looks like at least one person is going to get their wish.
Now that is what I call an intriguing remark...  ;D

I'm afraid I don't tend to either, for different reasons, though sharing some aspects of yours.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on August 18, 2012, 11:23:18 PM
*orthocone* *orthocone*

Well, what do yo say its true, but to me the Dilophosaurus in jurassic park was great, I mean I know that is one of the most cientific acurrateds ever, but I love it, I mean I dont wana see pepole with ... mm Jp /// toys xD, That movie show us a new experiences abuot Jp, and it was a epic fail.
Just look at the final scene in TLW, couples, herds and gruops of dinosaurs doing natural things.

Also with the Edmonto Ill like to se him like passing around, with a foot apoint to stomp in the ground but still dosent touch it, with the head like seeing front, but with the alive look of the tail and back moving

If Papo made a JP Dilo, yes I'd buy it. If they made a scientifically accurate one, I'd buy two. One to keep as is, one to convert to a JP Dilo..it's win/win really. :)

I think you could modify or have one of our great artists here modify one of the current figures for you to get this look..otherwise I think you should try resin kits.. ;) They tend to have more realistic poses you can't get with figures.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2012, 02:51:14 AM
Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on August 18, 2012, 11:23:18 PM
*orthocone* *orthocone*

If Papo made a JP Dilo, yes I'd buy it. If they made a scientifically accurate one, I'd buy two. One to keep as is, one to convert to a JP Dilo..it's win/win really. :)

I think you could modify or have one of our great artists here modify one of the current figures for you to get this look..otherwise I think you should try resin kits.. ;) They tend to have more realistic poses you can't get with figures.

Well resin kits are expensives .
Im waiting for my cousing in USA give me  some papos.
Well I'll like to se a Scientific Dilophosaurus man, but no one compares to de Jp impresion.
Lonl live Dilophosaurus!!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2012, 07:58:11 PM

Darn you Dan...just plain  >:D lol  :))

Carnotaurus would make a great piece for Papo as well..of course I think I've been saying that for years..and nada.  heh
Maybe you can't tell us the details...but which member was it? :P

Primeval12

Who?

tanystropheus

Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Torosaurus
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybelodon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Mamenchisaurus (re-sculpt)
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus
-Maisaura with Nest (re-sculpt)

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Lexovisaurus (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Nothronychus (re-sculpt)
-Wuerhosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Desmatosuchus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

Balaur

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 19, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

I don't think Carnegie did a Mamenchisaurus.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 08:37:53 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

Actually, there is the Dinosaurs of China Mamenchisaurus, but I am not sure whether that was by Carnegie or Wild Safari.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 19, 2012, 10:22:00 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

Actually, there is the Dinosaurs of China Mamenchisaurus, but I am not sure whether that was by Carnegie or Wild Safari.
It was Wild Safari's Dinosaurs of China toy line. I really want that Mamenchisaurus though! It would be sick to have a sauropod with a neck longer than its body! ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 10:27:44 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

It was Wild Safari's Dinosaurs of China toy line. I really want that Mamenchisaurus though! It would be sick to have a sauropod with a neck longer than its body! ;)
I have it, it is awesome, but very space consuming XD It takes up almost as much space as the Carnegie Diplo :)

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 19, 2012, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 10:27:44 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

I have it, it is awesome, but very space consuming XD It takes up almost as much space as the Carnegie Diplo :)
I don't have the Diplo, but I know it's huge. My biggest dino toy is the Carnegie Apatosaurus. Where can I find the Mamenchisaurus?

SBell

The only place to find the mamenchi now is Ebay. But it often seems you'll have equal luck finding the Capcom Dino expo one.

And the DoC line was a separate run, sculpted by Eli Kish.  When the line ceased, the Mamenchi was offered as a Carnegie figure for a couple years (it was still available in 2008, but no longer).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: