News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

How about mammals for once that one can actually use with non-avian Dinosaurs? Not the main-focus, but someone would probably end up in a "Life alongside Dinosaurs" Toob, which would also include Beelzebufo and Hyphalosaurus ( normal and two-headed )
Pterosaur Toob
Permian/Synapsid Toob
Crystal Palace Toob
Paleontologist Toob

Carnegie
For the Anniversary, how about some updates, including some of those no longer in production.
Also Microraptor Repaint!
Some more Synapsids.

Papo
More Jurassic Park!

Bullyland
Some Re-releases of their best molds.

Schleich
Guess it is too late to have them return to being the distributer of the Carnegie Collection in Germany...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

John

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 27, 2012, 09:11:08 PM

How about mammals for once that one can actually use with non-avian Dinosaurs? Not the main-focus, but someone would probably end up in a "Life alongside Dinosaurs" Toob, which would also include Beelzebufo and Hyphalosaurus ( normal and two-headed )
Pterosaur Toob
Permian/Synapsid Toob
Crystal Palace Toob
Paleontologist Toob

Carnegie
For the Anniversary, how about some updates, including some of those no longer in production.
Also Microraptor Repaint!
Some more Synapsids.

Papo
More Jurassic Park!

Bullyland
Some Re-releases of their best molds.

Schleich
Guess it is too late to have them return to being the distributer of the Carnegie Collection in Germany...
In the case of Microraptor,I would rather see a new sculpt. Besides the color,the shape of the skull and the tail feathers would also have to be tweaked a little per the new finds.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

I brought up the Microraptors real color to Safari Via Facebook

They said that they would have to consult the Carnegie Museum to get it approved

Link to the post

Balaur

Quote from: Takama on August 27, 2012, 11:47:20 PM

They said that they would have to consult the Carnegie Museum to get it approved

Link to the post

Wow! Great job! I hope they approve! And if it does, it may be the first time a dino company has changed something due to one person's comment. Nice work!

SBell

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 28, 2012, 02:38:37 AM

Link to the post

Wow! Great job! I hope they approve! And if it does, it may be the first time a dino company has changed something due to one person's comment. Nice work!

Yes. That would be a very first time a company makes a change for one person.  Given the Carnegie track record with redoing figures, they might repaint, but a re-sculpt is probably unlikely right now, unless they completely lack for inspiration of anything else ;D.

ZoPteryx

Link to the post

Nice!!! :D  Yeah, a complete resculpt is probably unlikey, but maybe they could just add those tail plumes and then repaint it.  Sounds pretty easy, and would make the figure that much more accurate! :)

John

Quote from: SBell on August 28, 2012, 02:49:51 AM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 28, 2012, 02:38:37 AM

Link to the post

Yes. That would be a very first time a company makes a change for one person.  Given the Carnegie track record with redoing figures, they might repaint, but a re-sculpt is probably unlikely right now, unless they completely lack for inspiration of anything else ;D.
I was just thinking hypothetically about rather just seeing a new model of Microraptor than just the old Carnegie museum model repainted.   
On another note,I can safely say that there is no "probably unlikely" about there being a potential new Microraptor sculpt in the near future...it is more a case of "CERTAINLY NOT" going to happen!  :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Possable Deinotherium from Mojo

ZoPteryx

Interesting.  I'm not too familiar with Mojo's modern animal replicas; do they already have an Asian & African Elephant?

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on August 31, 2012, 10:28:33 PM
Interesting.  I'm not too familiar with Mojo's modern animal replicas; do they already have an Asian & African Elephant?

They have an African but not an Asian--but they did say they were considering a deinothere for 2013 (and a bronothere).

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

on another photo you see the trunk,
and it's a small trunk

so i think it's the new deinotherium
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Yutyrannus

From Safari
Wild Safari Dinosaurs:
Suchomimus (resculpt)
Castorocauda
Yutyrannus
Utahraptor (resculpt)

Carnegie:
Concavenator
Dilong (resculpt)

Mythical Realms:
Manticore
Sphinx

Wild Safari Wildlife:
Fossa
Clouded Leopard
Red Wolf

From Papo
Papo:
Carnotaurus
Diabloceratops
Therizinosaurus

From Collecta
Collecta:
Yutyrannus
Pelicanimimus
Struthiomimus
Sciurumimus
Sinocalliopteryx with Confucisornis prey
Microraptor (black) with enantiornithine prey
Sinosauropteryx family
Yinlong
Guanlong
Velociraptor (resculpt)
Psittacosaurus (resculpt)
Dead Alamosaurus
Austroraptor

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Mightyjptrex

Hey guys its been along time since I last posted. Hope you all are doing well! Ive been busy with school and work but here is the new dino from the Carnegie next year. Its the only one planned for next year as of now. But don't worry there are some nice additions planned for the 25th anniversary! I found this picture in the Carnegie magazine.  8)

Dan

Aw, they changed plans again. Oh well, still awesome, thanks for sharing! I take it this is from the Carnegie Museum's own publication?

Mightyjptrex

Quote from: Dan on September 02, 2012, 03:21:41 AM
Aw, they changed plans again. Oh well, still awesome, thanks for sharing! I take it this is from the Carnegie Museum's own publication?

Yep but what can you do haha yeah its their own publication. But hey Dan how have you been whens that papo Brach coming in ?

Dan

How've you been? The Papo Brach is currently expected around September, but you know how Papo is with their dates.

For those curious, a 1:25 scale Concavenator would come to approximately 24 cm (or 9 inches) in length. This model was originally slated for 2012, but it looks like the wait will be worth it.

Takama

I KNEW ALL ALONG THAT tHIS DINOSAUR WAS COMEING FROM THEM. 8)

but God bless it Safari stop it with the tripods >:(

Mightyjptrex

Quote from: Dan on September 02, 2012, 03:27:54 AM
How've you been? The Papo Brach is currently expected around September, but you know how Papo is with their dates.

For those curious, a 1:25 scale Concavenator would come to approximately 24 cm (or 9 inches) in length. This model was originally slated for 2012, but it looks like the wait will be worth it.

Ive been well I was in South Dakota for 2 months on a dig with my former boss. That was a blast found alot, but Im still the same still working at the Carnegie but may move out to South Dakota soon for a job offer haha

Takama

Concavenator
Dilong (resculpt)
Looks like you got your wish Mr Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2012, 03:40:31 AM

Concavenator
Dilong (resculpt)
Looks like you got your wish Mr Yutyrannus
Well that was quick. Concavenator ::). (Faints).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: