News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich World of History

Started by pylraster, August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Just got my first Schleich figure, the new green Tyrannosaurus. One thing I noticed about it is... the texture seems odd to touch. It feels if these Rexes have a waxy texture, which the other Schleich models at the store didn't have. The paint isn't sticky but I'm afraid it might not be as durable as the other models' paints. Can anyone shed light on this matter? Thanks!

tanystropheus

Quote from: pylraster on August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM
Just got my first Schleich figure, the new green Tyrannosaurus. One thing I noticed about it is... the texture seems odd to touch. It feels if these Rexes have a waxy texture, which the other Schleich models at the store didn't have. The paint isn't sticky but I'm afraid it might not be as durable as the other models' paints. Can anyone shed light on this matter? Thanks!

I've felt up a few Schleich figures at Funky Monkey toy store. Most of the figures feel more or less like their predecessors, but the Velociraptor, in particular, was quite rubbery.

Dan

Tany, you are clearly enjoying your figures more than I am.

Himmapaan

Such a joke is beneath you, Dan, surely.  :P

Jetoar

i think the same that Tany. I touch the new figures and its rubber is different and the raptor is the most rubber of all from my point of view.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dan on August 20, 2012, 12:00:03 AM
Tany, you are clearly enjoying your figures more than I am.

Hahahhaa :P :))

pylraster

I think the new material (or the paint) is very delicate. The figure has been with me for less than a week yet the paint has worn off from the claw tips. While this is inevitable, I didn't expect it to wear off this fast.

SBell

Quote from: pylraster on August 22, 2012, 09:01:23 AM
I think the new material (or the paint) is very delicate. The figure has been with me for less than a week yet the paint has worn off from the claw tips. While this is inevitable, I didn't expect it to wear off this fast.

They must be learning from Bullyland, which is a great company but has never been great with paint.

And now that I've seen these in stores myself, I can confidently say that I've saved lots of money. They're not bad, just not anything different enough to warrant the increasingly shrinking budget or shelf space. Except maybe the Quetzal. But I still haven't picked it up, and don't know if I will.

Takama

My First and only modern Schelich figure.

It is not waxy, its just as hard as there figures always been.

I did however notince that the Theropods are mad out of the waxy plastic. I never relly felt anything like it before, and was shocked.

pylraster

For me at least the Tyrannosaur seemed to be the "waxiest" of them all. The Spino, not so much. I can't speak for the Giga, it hasn't hit stores here in the Philippines yet.

The sauropods seem to be made of hard plastic as well, and they seemed to have some topcoating (paint is shiny) so I assume they'd be at least less prone to paint wear. My Rex... well three weeks just sitting on the shelf and being lightly played with at times, paint is already FLAKING OFF  :o ...I'll give it a year or so, when the peach underside has completely peeled off, I'll repaint this.

docronnie

Quote from: pylraster on September 02, 2012, 03:36:12 AM
For me at least the Tyrannosaur seemed to be the "waxiest" of them all. The Spino, not so much. I can't speak for the Giga, it hasn't hit stores here in the Philippines yet.

The sauropods seem to be made of hard plastic as well, and they seemed to have some topcoating (paint is shiny) so I assume they'd be at least less prone to paint wear. My Rex... well three weeks just sitting on the shelf and being lightly played with at times, paint is already FLAKING OFF  :o ...I'll give it a year or so, when the peach underside has completely peeled off, I'll repaint this.

Wow! I should have read this post first before ordering the T. rex at Trinoma.  I already bought my first dinosaur, a Triceratops.

Will take photos soon.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

I have only the raptor and the stego. I would like to have other figures but I am not in a hurry  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

Here is a shot of my Triceratops:

Schleich Triceratops - 2012 

TFL!  :)

pylraster

Quote from: docronnie on November 06, 2012, 11:29:59 AM
Quote from: pylraster on September 02, 2012, 03:36:12 AM

Wow! I should have read this post first before ordering the T. rex at Trinoma.  I already bought my first dinosaur, a Triceratops.

Will take photos soon.

The new Giga with the moveable jaw is already here in stores as well. Though I wasn't able to take a good look at it because my girlfriend was pulling me away  :'(

And, really odd feet on that Triceratops. O_O

alexeratops

Yeah, I saw them at toys r us and I felt that. Anyway I wanted that but then came ''Pick something under 5 dollars'' and holey crud that thing was 26 bucks. The average day in the unlucky life of Alex. >:(
like a bantha!

docronnie

Examined the new Giga, it seems to be small.  Is it a younger Giganotosaurus? If it's an adult, it should be larger than the T. Rex.  This one is smaller.

The front left feet does look odd, but this Triceratops looks better than the old one, in my opinion.

You'll be able to get one in the future. Alex. maybe a better version.  :)

Takama

Quote from: docronnie on November 08, 2012, 12:44:56 PM
Examined the new Giga, it seems to be small.  Is it a younger Giganotosaurus? If it's an adult, it should be larger than the T. Rex.  This one is smaller.

The front left feet does look odd, but this Triceratops looks better than the old one, in my opinion.

You'll be able to get one in the future. Alex. maybe a better version.  :)

Dont Expect the Dinosaurs in Scheilichs(I can never spell it Correctly)new line to be to scale with each other.

docronnie

I have a question.  Just went online to Schleich's website and found out that there are Replica figures.

http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/replica_saurus/

Does this mean these are accurate dinosaur figures?

TIA!  :)

CityRaptor

Those were Schleichs "regular" Dinosaurs for years. Ever since they stopped distributing the Carnegie Collection. Most of them are retired now, and these 5 will be next year.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Here is my Collection So Far

Its a slow proces, because im focussed on CollectA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: