News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I just found this chart online, and now I'm thinking I'll try to pass off the Mini Deinotherium as a Prodeinotherium.
...hey, I'm a 1:40 freak, and I've already decided to buy this set exclusively for the Estemmenosuchus, so I'll take whatever excuse I can get to wring a little more value out of it!

suspsy

I'd love for CollectA to make a Mammut borsoni. A truly magnificent beast, and plus it wouldn't be directly competing with Safari's M. americanum.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on December 04, 2018, 12:17:58 AM
I'd love for CollectA to make a Mammut borsoni. A truly magnificent beast, and plus it wouldn't be directly competing with Safari's M. americanum.

Same! Though didn't it get split into a separate genus, Zygolophodon?

suspsy

I think it depends on which paleontologist you speak to. Asier Larramendi went with Mammut borsoni for the paper from which that above image comes from, so I'm down with that.

Raffa

First time I really liked a Baryonyx figure, and I've been looking for a long time now. Definitely on the lookout for CollectA next year.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reveux on December 04, 2018, 04:04:16 AM
First time I really liked a Baryonyx figure, and I've been looking for a long time now. Definitely on the lookout for CollectA next year.

The baryonyx of Collecta 2019 is great. I agree with you.

Among the theropods I really like the Collecta fukuiraptor that competes with Favorite and the carnotaurus is great, its colors are truly more realistic and conservative and the sculpture is beautiful.

And Collecta's elasmotherium ... is my favorite prehistoric mammal.

Feelings of incredibly outstanding figures or of honor matriculation as I always say, machacononously, are the borealopelta and the edaphosaurus of Collecta, I like his sculpture and it is for me the figures I had always wanted them to make of this species.

Well ... in its totality I like all the novelties of Collecta 2019, sincerely I prefer few or better, much less figures in the companies of prehistoric toy animals but that ostensibly increases the quality of their products, as has happened with Collecta and Safari .

With regard to both companies whose majority of figures are sculpted in the case of Safari by Doug Watson (there is a tyrannosaurus that is the weak figure of the group) and the figures of Collecta sculpted by Matthias Geiger I do not know which one to choose as the best figure of each company in this next year 2019. The choice in my case is very difficult.

Summing up Collecta has had a spectacular year and sincerely has made remarkable figures to one hundred percent of prehistoric animals.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 25, 2018, 08:36:06 PM
Quote from: Renecito on November 25, 2018, 12:15:49 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on November 24, 2018, 03:31:53 AM
According to Everything Dinosaur that's all now for this release so here they all are in one image, to give an overview of the range.

Thank you CollectA for all these beautiful figures. You will make 2019 one of the best year for collecting!!!

Nice compilation! They somehow look even more aesthetically pleasing all together like that!

Great idea, nice to see them all together. Stunning set for sure.
I just noticed that it seems like for this year and next year, CollectA has opted to produce some of the classic, most requested species from them in a long time, but at the same time, not totally abandoning what they are know for by releasing obscure species as well :D

Dinomike

Collecta has outdone itself this year! What great figures to look forward to. I'm especially fond of the baryonyx as well as the carnotaurus. I think the color schemes work well, too.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Joey

Quote from: Dinomike on December 04, 2018, 09:33:58 PM
Collecta has outdone itself this year! What great figures to look forward to. I'm especially fond of the baryonyx as well as the carnotaurus. I think the color schemes work well, too.
I'm very inclined to agree with you Dinomike, I especially love the Edaphosaurus (probably one of my favorites so far for 2019), and the happy little Borealopelta is also a beautiful piece of art, and not to mention the outstandingly detailed Baryonyx.

Andreioli

Shonisaurus

That same figure is in www.minizoo.com.au, but going to Collecta's elasmotherium is a figure that would give you an honorary license plate as you can see it is very dynamic and above all very well sculpted, it does not differ from a prehistoric resin mammal for example, the Likaon brand is just as great and that is not made of a noble material is PVC is an outstanding figure worthy of having an enthusiastic collector of prehistoric mammal figures in their best shelves.

The note that deserves this figure of Matthias Geiger is of honor registration without doubt the best elasmotherium made by a prehistoric toy animal company and forms a beautiful set with the coelodonta antiquitatis of Doug.

Thanks Andreioli for your link to this wonder.

suspsy

The Elasmotherium looks even more pleasing.

Minmiminime

They have achieved a feat previously held only by Eofauna in that I am actually excited at the prospect of parting with my cash for a model of a prehistoric mammal :o It is superb!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 15, 2018, 12:59:43 PM
They have achieved a feat previously held only by Eofauna in that I am actually excited at the prospect of parting with my cash for a model of a prehistoric mammal :o It is superb!

If you look at Collecta's elasmotherium, it is in a position so dynamic that it looks like a living animal in motion. In my case because I know it is a toy figure but I thought at first to see the first promotional photo and now with this happens a bit of the same thing that seems a prehistoric mammal taken from a series of the BBC for example WWB to put An example or from the National Geographic Matthias Geiger has done a colossal job.

It does not have to envy in anything to any figure of prehistoric mammal of Eofauna or of another toy brand and that I am also a follower of this other great brand. That elasmotherium could happen as a resin figure for its precise details, as I commented in several post and in this thread.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on December 15, 2018, 12:41:12 PM
The Elasmotherium looks even more pleasing.

It looks believable as if it is a living, breathing animal. Great to see CollectA improving over the years.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 15, 2018, 12:59:43 PM

I'm blown away by the fur texture....and fur humidity...for lack of a better term.

PhilSauria

Ditto with the anticipation - Eofauna's Giganotosaurus and CollectA's Elasmotherium are probably the two most desired from this round of new releases for my collecting wants and will be ordered the moment that they become available over here.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 15, 2018, 10:19:26 PM
Ditto with the anticipation - Eofauna's Giganotosaurus and CollectA's Elasmotherium are probably the two most desired from this round of new releases for my collecting wants and will be ordered the moment that they become available over here.

The giganotosaurus of Eofauna (unless a catastrophe occurs) we will soon have those who are interested in it in our shelves otherwise it is Collecta's elasmotherium since this emblematic prehistoric mammal will very soon be commercialized in July-August but will start to be commercialized in September (I know from experience), for me the wait for the elasmotherium can be eternal and that figure is beautiful and incredibly good.

Loon

Does anyone know when the new stuff will hit Everything Dinosaur? Think about putting in a big order there, and if these beauties release soon, I'd want to add them.

PhilSauria

Mini Zoo here in Australia expect to begin stocking the new CollectAs from early Feb, I am told.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: